Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

AEM Tru-Boost Gauge Controller

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:14 PM
blazersman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Tru-Boost Gauge Controller

http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=68

I recently bought a turbonetics single turbo kit for my Z and am in the midst of deciding on my gauges and controllers. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on the AEM Tru-Boost Gauge Controller? It seems to be a pretty nice option for me since it's both stand-alone and gauge style. I am going to be using emanage ultimate system with it.

Also, since the AEM controller comes with a pressure sensor and harness, do I still need one for my emanage ultimate piggyback system for tuning? I assume not, but would like some input!

Any help would be great!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:50 PM
blazersman

anybody?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have not used one personally, but for a simple and effective boost controller I have heard good things.

I don't see anything about it having an output for the map signal and you would have to find out what the sensor is calibrated to for use with emanage. While it is possible to split the signal and have it work with the emanage, I would stick to keeping them separate for the simplicity.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:26 PM
blazersman

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
I have not used one personally, but for a simple and effective boost controller I have heard good things.

I don't see anything about it having an output for the map signal and you would have to find out what the sensor is calibrated to for use with emanage. While it is possible to split the signal and have it work with the emanage, I would stick to keeping them separate for the simplicity.

Thanks for the input! Anybody else?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:02 PM
blazersman

Anybody else? I really need to decide on whether going with this unit or a greddy boost gauge and greddy boost controller. What does everyone think?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:35 AM
hr2burn

I have the TN and just installed the AEM Tru-Boost. Here's my experience....
1.) the TN runs too low of boost (if you run it safely) to have any control over the system. Even at the lowest settings I was boosting over 10.5 Lbs and this is over 6000 feet above sea level where it should run less.
2.) With our setup and having to run the B.C. at it's lowest setting, I found the wastegate wasn't being closed completely until desired boost was achieved and again it also would go beyond what I limited it to.
I now run my TN kit safely with the B.C. turned off, it peaks at 8.5 (I would like a BIT more , but don't want to blow the motor. I posted many questions at the AEM forum. They so could not fix my issue that they deleted my thread.Bottom line GO WITH ANYTHING ELSE!!!!
Sean
Old 03-04-2007, 09:16 AM
blazersman

Originally Posted by hr2burn
I have the TN and just installed the AEM Tru-Boost. Here's my experience....
1.) the TN runs too low of boost (if you run it safely) to have any control over the system. Even at the lowest settings I was boosting over 10.5 Lbs and this is over 6000 feet above sea level where it should run less.
2.) With our setup and having to run the B.C. at it's lowest setting, I found the wastegate wasn't being closed completely until desired boost was achieved and again it also would go beyond what I limited it to.
I now run my TN kit safely with the B.C. turned off, it peaks at 8.5 (I would like a BIT more , but don't want to blow the motor. I posted many questions at the AEM forum. They so could not fix my issue that they deleted my thread.Bottom line GO WITH ANYTHING ELSE!!!!
Sean
Great to know.... that's the kind of response and input I was looking for. It makes alot of sense. The few people I have talked to about this have said that AEM is not the way to go controller-wise. So I think I'm going to go with a HKS EVC or Greddy electronic controller. THANKS!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Zilvia

we dont have the AEM one, but we will be installing the Power Enterprise Boost-controller-guage on our car....It work pretty well for my friend, and i dont think we will be fiddling w/ the boost anways
Old 03-04-2007, 11:01 AM
blazersman

Originally Posted by Zilvia
we dont have the AEM one, but we will be installing the Power Enterprise Boost-controller-guage on our car....It work pretty well for my friend, and i dont think we will be fiddling w/ the boost anways
I haven't ever seen that one. It looks to be much like the AEM one. ANybody else have any experience with the power enterprise one?

http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/pr...c/PBC/pbc.html
Old 03-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Zilvia

yea on the PBC i believe it while you adjusting boost, the arm rotates to the psi your selecting.....but im not sure its been about 2 yrs since ive seen it used.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:58 PM
hr2burn

P.S. AEM Tru-Boost for sale. $12 and pack of juicy fruit + shipping!