Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech Jackshaft

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:59 AM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech Jackshaft

Has anyone disassembled the jackshaft and reinstalled it before? Vortech says it has to be pressed back into the mounting plate. I know that the jackshaft has been an issue on cars before. On all of the kits that I have installed, no one has ever come back with a jackshaft specific issue, so I've never had to deal with it before.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:35 PM
DMK

Nope, I have taken it apart and put it back together again. Replaced the bearings in mine since they went bad. It basically doing a pulley swap, but you have to go a little more in-depth and unbolt the cog side as well. Then the jackshaft assembly will slip out and you can replace the bearings.

Here is a useful DIY: http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110392

EDIT: Sorry, didn't know you were the same person on G35driver. Pm'd you on there.

Last edited by DMK; 03-21-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:54 PM
THE TECH

Thanks for the link bro. Now if I could just get the parts. Vortech is not being very helpful with this.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:31 AM
DMK

Just call their sales dept and order the two jackshaft bearings. That's what I did, it took less than 5 min and I got them in 2 days. They won't let you order it?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Thanks for the link bro. Now if I could just get the parts. Vortech is not being very helpful with this.
Keep in mind that almost all bearings can be bought at a local Bearing House, they should have a number on them or just Mike them out. Lot cheaper and quicker.

Dosent matter if they are John Deere, Harley Davidson, your Drill Press, Yugo or your Riding Lawn Mower, 99.9 % of all machines are built around existing Bearings, whether they be Timkens,Torringtons,Rollers, Sealed/Unsealed or Bushings. Good Luck.

BTW, that goes for Seals also
Old 03-22-2007, 05:34 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by DMK
Just call their sales dept and order the two jackshaft bearings. That's what I did, it took less than 5 min and I got them in 2 days. They won't let you order it?
Vortech has been pretty difficult to deal with as of now. I was able to get the parts ordered though and hopefully will have them tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:35 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
Keep in mind that almost all bearings can be bought at a local Bearing House, they should have a number on them or just Mike them out. Lot cheaper and quicker.

Dosent matter if they are John Deere, Harley Davidson, your Drill Press, Yugo or your Riding Lawn Mower, 99.9 % of all machines are built around existing Bearings, whether they be Timkens,Torringtons,Rollers, Sealed/Unsealed or Bushings. Good Luck.

BTW, that goes for Seals also
Well I am actually replacing all the parts from the front pulley to the rear cog pulley in order to rule it all out and start fresh on the jackshaft.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:02 AM
THE TECH

Just wanna give a big to Vortech and their customer service. They've been a pain to deal with. I tried contacting Steve (Forced here on the forums) via telephone and PM. He didn't even give me the courtesy of a call back.

When this jackshaft issue came up, I did some research on the net and it seems like Vortech doesn't have a positive outlook from most enthusiasts out there. The jackshaft problem also seems to be a common problem related to their products.

It is truly sad when you call their tech people and they don't know how to work on their own parts. My research led me to the fact that while Vortech says that the jackshaft needs to be pressed in, one of their largest dealers as well as people whom have done the jackshaft replacement themselves tell me this is not so.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:11 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks man, for all of us with vortechs

we need to get Steve a link to this thread and see how much hassle they're making you go through with their lack of knowledge or helpfulness
Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is strange on how Vortech works thier customer service . The people that you get on the phone know jack$hit most of the time . And then there's been times Ive been transfered to someone that actually works on the blowers and kits , and I get good help and good advice
Old 03-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I started the thread that bashed Vortech when Jeff was having the noisy SC issue and got good response from V but they are slipping again.The thread was diplomatically presented, but to the point. Too bad they are back to their ****