Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:45 AM
lemansz20
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zexy
I'd rather have the TN anyday over Greedy. I'd take it your precious Japtrix done this install? EDIT: NM self install. No wonder....

You should have routed it like it was supposed to, wrap it, etc. Not everybody with a TN kit has this issue. Shows to prove the installer didn't take necessary action to correct it.

TN supplies a great product, no hassle warranty, installer ****s up, and customer blames it on TN. Ah well...You can't make everybody happy.
That is the worst turbo kit for these cars, he wrapped it correctly and everything so relax. I had that kit before and yes people may not have had problems, but a large majority(not just on this forum) are selling b/c everyone figures it out. Its an awesome show car kit, but thats all you get when buying the TN kit.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:58 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by westpak
What can I say that the others haven't, oh what the hell you are *****.

You have no clue what you are talking about, how many kits singles or twins have you installed? If you prefer a TN over a Greddy for any reason other than price you are a .....@#$@%@^@ don't want to get banned

Actually the kit brings more business with engine rebuilds
I guess if you installed them right the first time you wouldn't have as much repeat business would you? Maybe we should ask Abraham about that huh?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:59 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by lemansz20
That is the worst turbo kit for these cars, he wrapped it correctly and everything so relax. I had that kit before and yes people may not have had problems, but a large majority(not just on this forum) are selling b/c everyone figures it out. Its an awesome show car kit, but thats all you get when buying the TN kit.
Yup 60,000+ miles with no issues. No AC line issues, no anything issues. I guess I must have magic heat wrap huh?

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-15-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And how exactly do you know what he did? You have no clue... If he has an issue and many others don't what does that show to prove???

It's very typical to take a wrong turn an install and blame t-netics. Like i said you can't make everybody happy. I guess it's going to take a new line and a better wrapping job. It's the whole truth.

Cry me one.
I'm sorry, did I say I knew anything? I (clearly) stated, 'he said he' < as in 'the op stated that he...'

and I do agree that people who make errors in the installs love to blame the manufacturers.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:56 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I guess if you installed them right the first time you wouldn't have as much repeat business would you? Maybe we should ask Abraham about that huh?
His didn't blow up And I will admit I think it was the first one the shop did and the AC line blew what else did he have issues with????? And of the many Twin setups that have been installed and tuned none I repeate NONE have blown up

The shop has seen 7 TN kits, three were installed there and 2 of those blew due to overboost due to early kits, of the other 4 they were self installs or by another shop and of those 4 blew. It is a piece of **** kit.

So take your bandwagon and take it to someone that might actually believe your line of crap on this kit.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup 60,000+ miles with no issues. No AC line issues, no anything issues. I guess I must have magic heat wrap huh?
TN IS a fine unit and a good company to deal with ( as opposed to V Tec ) AC issues come up, generally to installer error ( 1 count, guilty as charged ) Additional Heat wrap is a big help.

If u fukc up, learn from it and move ahead.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:58 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Yeah probably going on sunday drives, hell I could drive a turbo Z on a stock block for 200k miles if I never boost it.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My line burned through, and it was bent per TN instructions. Shops Ive spoken too all have had issues with the A/C lines, many use extra heat wrap and it still happens. Consider yourself lucky if you dont have a leak. The heat wrapped line from TN is not the greatest....
Old 04-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Vegas350Z

I'll be honest. . .this isn't the first time I've heard of this problem. Why is it so common ?? . . In my opinion something like this should be fool proof, period. Installer's shouldn't have to go through this kinda hassle to make sure something as important as the A/C line remains ok. I was really interested in going the single turbo route and really wanted the TN kit. . .but I'm honestly startin to feel as though I'm straying away and towards the Greddy.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:29 PM
MIAPLAYA

Yeah probably going on sunday drives, hell I could drive a turbo Z on a stock block for 200k miles if I never boost it.
Clearly you don't know WTF you're talking about. You don't know how I drive my car and anyone who does would tell you its quite the opposite with my Z. But go ahead and keep making assumptions. My Z is my daily driver and my one way trip to work is 25 miles.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-15-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
MIAPLAYA

His didn't blow up And I will admit I think it was the first one the shop did and the AC line blew what else did he have issues with????? And of the many Twin setups that have been installed and tuned none I repeate NONE have blown up

The shop has seen 7 TN kits, three were installed there and 2 of those blew due to overboost due to early kits, of the other 4 they were self installs or by another shop and of those 4 blew. It is a piece of **** kit.

So take your bandwagon and take it to someone that might actually believe your line of crap on this kit.
And you never thought the 17 year old non-experienced tech who installed the kit on Abrahams car and who knows who elses had anything to do with it? Its no wonder XAT Racing has now fixed at least two cars that came out of your shop to the tune of some large cash from the end customer. Funny that XAT has installed more kits then that with far far fewer issues. Seems to me like the problem is the isntaller. Why are you asking me what other issues he had. He was YOUR customer.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-15-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

It is a piece of **** kit.
+362,497

Let MIA talk all the smack he wants; it doesn't change the quality or components of the kit. Anyone can search out the forums and see that the A/C line issue is not isolated to just a few. If he has 60K miles on his kit, good for him, but doesn't change a thing for the OP with a burnt up A/C line
Old 04-15-2007, 06:37 PM
westpak
SFZCC

And you never thought the 17 year old non-experienced tech who installed the kit on Abrahams car and who knows who elses had anything to do with it? Its no wonder XAT Racing has now fixed at least two cars that came out of your shop to the tune of some large cash from the end customer. Funny that XAT has installed more kits then that with far far fewer issues. Seems to me like the problem is the isntaller. Why are you asking me what other issues he had. He was YOUR customer.
Well I don't know who the 17 year old was as there isn't one there.

You can embellish all you want to try and detract from the facts but the shop also sees and fixes other people's work I am sure someone has had to fix work done by XAT no one is perfect and I will be the first to admit it, but the fact is that the only issues we have had are on TN kits, that includes installations and tunes.

Has Reggie allowed you talk like this, I know he probably gives a blank pass to wipe yourself but slandering people come on!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:16 PM
lemansz20
Banned

I know both you guys, Mia and westpak. Mia I dont blame you for backing up the kit. Yes your right, you havent had any problems but a good majority of people have and you cant deny that. Westpak, most know my opinion of japtrix and I agree with you that the kit isnt the best. Now I dont blame you for backing up your shop but my car is never goin back there. You guys really just arent as good as people put you out there to be, im taking my car to performance factory in orlando b/c their is just NOO good shops around miami. Just my opinion though, hope you guys resolve your problem. Oh and just for fun, Not having a/c lol sux.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:27 PM
freezeg35

It is a piece of **** kit.

Originally Posted by Zivman
+362,497

Let MIA talk all the smack he wants; it doesn't change the quality or components of the kit. Anyone can search out the forums and see that the A/C line issue is not isolated to just a few. If he has 60K miles on his kit, good for him, but doesn't change a thing for the OP with a burnt up A/C line
If i bend over will you kiss my *** too?

Last edited by freezeg35; 04-15-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^what? lol
Old 04-16-2007, 06:20 AM
taurran

What can I say that the others haven't, oh what the hell you are *****.

You have no clue what you are talking about, how many kits singles or twins have you installed? If you prefer a TN over a Greddy for any reason other than price you are a .....@#$@%@^@ don't want to get banned

Actually the kit brings more business with engine rebuilds
That's funny because the 20+ people I personally know with this kit and not one has had a blown motor. I know, the reflash isn't the best method of tuning, but considering the sheer numbers of these kits being sold, I don't believe the failure rate is anything beyond average. The majority of the motor failures I have seen have been caused by misshifts or improper installs and/or maintenance.

Now, I'm in no way saying the kit is "better" than the greddy kit. But, I still remember the days when the greddy kit was blowing motors every other day. We've come a long way, too far to continue bickering about which kit is "best". Each one serves its own purpose and I believe they all achieve their intended purpose well.

As far as the AC issue... I've had my own issues with it and I must say it's all in the install. I would suggest being overkill with the heat shielding and routing, moreso than is included with the kit. Check out some of the "extreme" heat shielding that DEI offers and I think you'll have better luck with the AC line.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:02 AM
boostintt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd rather have the TN anyday over Greedy. I'd take it your precious Japtrix done this install? EDIT: NM self install. No wonder....

You should have routed it like it was supposed to, wrap it, etc. Not everybody with a TN kit has this issue. Shows to prove the installer didn't take necessary action to correct it.

TN supplies a great product, no hassle warranty, installer ****s up, and customer blames it on TN. Ah well...You can't make everybody happy.

believe me... i have a performace shop in Orlando and we followed the instructions to the tee... so... yea. still burned my ******n ac line.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:10 AM
boostintt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** happens... im not saying turbonetics is at fault... i'll just get another line, heat wrap it better, maybe even relocate it far far away from heat. thats all... i did not start this thread to blame turbonetics...
Old 04-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Z PHAT Z

If those that blown their engines due to the cause of over-boosting were with stock setup( no breathing mods ) then you can blame TN. But if they changed their exhausts then you can't blame on TN. The kit is design for stock setup with no problem at all.

On topic: My AC line is gone too. But I don't know which line I blown. I didn't bother to fix it anyway LOL

Quick Reply: No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...