Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 04:57 PM
boostintt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...

yep... tn kit burned my upper line... the thicker one (L)....

i put the leak detector and saw it with the black light...

this thing looks like it doesnt end (ac line) it goes back and parallel to the firewall...

any suggestions? any one else with this problem?

i've heard this line is expensive... so im thinking of taking it some where and have them replace the rubber piece with steel braided lines...

it is hot as *****.... in fl
Old 04-14-2007, 06:50 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's too bad. whoever installed the kit should have bent that line and secured it away from the downpipe. Mine had plenty of clearance from the downpipe. for added insurance, you should double wrap the A/C with the reflective thermal wrap, and also, wrap the downpipe in "header wrap."
\
The lower A/C line is the one that I used to worry about. It is basciallytrapped down there in that nest of "hot pipes!!!"

back to your question, ......................I believe that the upper A/C pipe has a disconnect somewhere behind the panel up on the firewall.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:53 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey minor issues with the TN kit, ac line, blown motor.......
Old 04-14-2007, 07:09 PM
QuadCam

Originally Posted by westpak

I take it that JapTrix isn't a big fan of that kit.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been refabing them by adding 3 inches for more routing potential, Reuse the sleeve if it is good or wrap, I have also been wrapping all my hot pipes with top of the line heat wrap
Old 04-14-2007, 07:44 PM
boostintt

Originally Posted by QuadCam
That's too bad. whoever installed the kit should have bent that line and secured it away from the downpipe. Mine had plenty of clearance from the downpipe. for added insurance, you should double wrap the A/C with the reflective thermal wrap, and also, wrap the downpipe in "header wrap."
\
The lower A/C line is the one that I used to worry about. It is basciallytrapped down there in that nest of "hot pipes!!!"

back to your question, ......................I believe that the upper A/C pipe has a disconnect somewhere behind the panel up on the firewall.
i installed the kit...

and i followed the directions (heat wrap ac lines...) to the tee... i even bent that upper ac line as far back before it cracked....
Old 04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
QuadCam

Originally Posted by boostintt
i installed the kit...

and i followed the directions (heat wrap ac lines...) to the tee... i even bent that upper ac line as far back before it cracked....

I did mine too. after reading everyones A/C line issues, I did everything I could to keep those A/C lines out of harms way, but I would worry about them all the time. maybe, that's why I sold the kit.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Eazzy

The one that gets burned is the one from the compressor to the Condensor
Old 04-14-2007, 08:22 PM
QuadCam

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
The one that gets burned is the one from the compressor to the Condensor

It sounds like he burned the upper one, though. The upper line can burn though also....it sits very close to the downpipe.

no matter what, you A/C lines are in some very hot places on this kit.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:38 PM
boostintt

i burned the thicker one (L) the one by the downpipe.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Eazzy

I just replaced one a couple days ago and it was the one that comes with the kit. That should be your HP line that is aprox. 3/4 in diameter. Thats the one I increase in length by 3 inches. Either way, your going to have to pull the turbo and pipes to fix either one right
Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 AM
2slo2bfurious

Originally Posted by boostintt
i've heard this line is expensive... so im thinking of taking it some where and have them replace the rubber piece with steel braided lines...
Even though you don't really need it, but if you do it might as well have them relocate both lines for better piece of mind.... did you even use the TN relocate line btw?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:04 AM
QuadCam

I have a brand new Z-specific lower A/C from a turbonetics kit. I bought my kit, and then realized that I needed a G-specific line...that cost me about $100.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Eazzy

I dont know, What I do know is th TN kit comes with a modded A/C line and if I have a prob, I mod it some more, although it will work if you pay attention to the install
Old 04-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Zexy

Originally Posted by westpak

I'd rather have the TN anyday over Greedy. I'd take it your precious Japtrix done this install? EDIT: NM self install. No wonder....

You should have routed it like it was supposed to, wrap it, etc. Not everybody with a TN kit has this issue. Shows to prove the installer didn't take necessary action to correct it.

TN supplies a great product, no hassle warranty, installer ****s up, and customer blames it on TN. Ah well...You can't make everybody happy.

Last edited by Zexy; 04-15-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zexy
I'd rather have the TN anyday over Greedy. I'd take it your precious Japtrix done this install? EDIT: NM self install. No wonder....

You should have routed it like it was supposed to, wrap it, etc. Not everybody with a TN kit has this issue. Shows to prove the installer didn't take necessary action to correct it.

TN supplies a great product, no hassle warranty, installer ****s up, and customer blames it on TN. Ah well...You can't make everybody happy.
dum dum, he said that he bent it, wrapped it and everything. no need to be a *****
Old 04-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Zexy

Originally Posted by Motormouth
dum dum, he said that he bent it, wrapped it and everything. no need to be a *****

And how exactly do you know what he did? You have no clue... If he has an issue and many others don't what does that show to prove???

It's very typical to take a wrong turn an install and blame t-netics. Like i said you can't make everybody happy. I guess it's going to take a new line and a better wrapping job. It's the whole truth.

Cry me one.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:57 AM
98intrigue

Zexy, your a *****!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:08 AM
QuadCam

And how exactly do you know what he did? You have no clue... If he has an issue and many others don't what does that show to prove???

It's very typical to take a wrong turn an install and blame t-netics. Like i said you can't make everybody happy. I guess it's going to take a new line and a better wrapping job. It's the whole truth.

Cry me one.
zexy, this guy isn't the only one who had it happen. Alot of people have melted thier A/C lines. That's why most people use header wrap on the hot pipes and they buy alot of extra heat reflective wrap, too. TN supplies some of it, but you need to buy another roll if you really want to be safe. A turbo blanket, like the boost logic model, is another great idea. You can't be too careful!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:18 AM
westpak
SFZCC

What can I say that the others haven't, oh what the hell you are *****.

You have no clue what you are talking about, how many kits singles or twins have you installed? If you prefer a TN over a Greddy for any reason other than price you are a .....@#$@%@^@ don't want to get banned

Actually the kit brings more business with engine rebuilds

Last edited by westpak; 04-15-2007 at 09:24 AM.

Quick Reply: No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...