Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:08 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z PHAT Z
If those that blown their engines due to the cause of over-boosting were with stock setup( no breathing mods ) then you can blame TN. But if they changed their exhausts then you can't blame on TN. The kit is design for stock setup with no problem at all.

On topic: My AC line is gone too. But I don't know which line I blown. I didn't bother to fix it anyway LOL
FWIW - I don't personally know anyone who has directly blown their motor due the the "oveboost" issue with the original kit. The only person I've seen blow the motor due to a boost spike was IPCheck and he was running a wastegate dump, no relocation kit, and I'm pretty sure something else was wrong with the setup as one day it just started hitting 20psi but he still drove it at the drag strip.

I haven't heard of many issues of boost creep with the newer kits.

Anyway, even with boost creep it is still not directly Turbonetics' fault if you continue to drive the car knowing full and well that something is wrong. At least they will help out and fix these issues unlinke most of the other companies in the business.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran

As far as the AC issue... I would suggest being overkill with the heat shielding and routing, moreso than is included with the kit.

That is great advice for people!!! It really is just a matter of using your head. the A/C are nestled in the hottest pipes in the engine bay. You need to take major steps in preventative maintenance to ensure that the lines survive.

On my kit, I added removed the stock thermal sleeve on the TN A/C line. Then, I thermal wrapped it in Thermo-Tec wrap and then replace the thermal sleeve on top of it! and ALL the hot pipes in my car were "header wrapped." I wet each strip of header wrap and then tightly wrapped each pipe and I secured them with hose clamps (better grip.)

and when I took the kit off, it was obvious that a few of the pipes needed to be rewrapped. they had worn from rubbing against eachother.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by westpak
Well I don't know who the 17 year old was as there isn't one there.

You can embellish all you want to try and detract from the facts but the shop also sees and fixes other people's work I am sure someone has had to fix work done by XAT no one is perfect and I will be the first to admit it, but the fact is that the only issues we have had are on TN kits, that includes installations and tunes.

Has Reggie allowed you talk like this, I know he probably gives a blank pass to wipe yourself but slandering people come on!!!!
I don't need Reggie or anyone else's permission to post the truth. Don't believe me? Read the post below yours if you want to see how YOUR customers feel about YOUR shops work. Not surprisingly he's not the only one to say that. As for the 17 year old maybe you should ask Abraham (YOUR customer). The tech who worked on his car looked like he was in high school according to him. Yeah nothing but high quality experienced techs at Japtrix. That's why your other customers who have spent thousands at your shop would rather drive 4 hours to a shop that knows what they are doing for future work. But I guess you can keep blaming everyone else for your shops inadequicies. Let me guess its everyone else's fault your customers don't want to come back.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:44 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by QuadCam
That is great advice for people!!! It really is just a matter of using your head. the A/C are nestled in the hottest pipes in the engine bay. You need to take major steps in preventative maintenance to ensure that the lines survive.

On my kit, I added removed the stock thermal sleeve on the TN A/C line. Then, I thermal wrapped it in Thermo-Tec wrap and then replace the thermal sleeve on top of it! and ALL the hot pipes in my car were "header wrapped." I wet each strip of header wrap and then tightly wrapped each pipe and I secured them with hose clamps (better grip.)

and when I took the kit off, it was obvious that a few of the pipes needed to be rewrapped. they had worn from rubbing against eachother.
+1
Old 04-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Yup 60,000+ miles with no issues. No AC line issues, no anything issues. I guess I must have magic heat wrap huh?
well, not everyone products fails 100% but like many i see a trend with turbonetics being more problematic then others. its like megan products. sure a lot people have used their products for years with no problems but you see way too many cracked test pipes and headers and what not. just because some people have success doesnt mean the product is reliable.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:51 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Nexx
well, not everyone products fails 100% but like many i see a trend with turbonetics being more problematic then others. its like megan products. sure a lot people have used their products for years with no problems but you see way too many cracked test pipes and headers and what not. just because some people have success doesnt mean the product is reliable.
If you are saying because some people had issues with a kit be it install or something else then its not a reliable kit? In that case you should remove every aftermarket part from your car as every item in your sig has caused a failure on someones car so none of your parts are reliable. With hundreds of kits out there you have to expect some people to have an issue. I've responded to tons of PMs with questions/problems that were easily fixed by a simple correction of a missed install step or something done incorrectly during install.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:26 PM
taurran

As I've said time and time again, I believe the vast majority of perceived problems with this kit are directly related to the large number of kits sold due to pricing, and the large number of kits which are installed by people with little to no automotive or turbo experience. One of the reasons people buy this kit is the relative ease of install compared to a TT, and there are many more obvious install problems because of this.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:05 PM
westpak
SFZCC

I don't need Reggie or anyone else's permission to post the truth. Don't believe me? Read the post below yours if you want to see how YOUR customers feel about YOUR shops work. Not surprisingly he's not the only one to say that. As for the 17 year old maybe you should ask Abraham (YOUR customer). The tech who worked on his car looked like he was in high school according to him. Yeah nothing but high quality experienced techs at Japtrix. That's why your other customers who have spent thousands at your shop would rather drive 4 hours to a shop that knows what they are doing for future work. But I guess you can keep blaming everyone else for your shops inadequicies. Let me guess its everyone else's fault your customers don't want to come back.
As I have said not every shop is perfect and in this game we play there are no guarantees and some get into it without real research as to what the pitfalls might be. The measure of a shop is in it success, longevity and customer satisfaction, some will never be happy no matter what you do for them. Japtrix has been in business over 10 years and I don't care who you are that is a long time and you will get someone that is not happy.

Those two examples are of that and guess what they are TN kit owners. All I know about Abraham's story is that the ac line burnt through, well we seem to have many of those as you can see, his other issue was with dyno results what can we do about that, it was on the Mustang dyno plus he might have needed a clutch, whatever it was he was never going to be happy and he got rid of the kit soon after installing it and I think his issues were more of buyer's remorse.

As for Chris' story above and not bringing the car to Japtrix anymore there is more to that story which involved personal issues and unpaid bills and the way I heard it he was asked not to take the car back to the shop so not much of his choice. He is another one that will never be happy Japtrix worked with him in many ways, giving him parts almost at cost as well as payment plans because he was always short in money or so he claimed, then when the headgasket blew, unknown circumstances, all he paid for was for resurfacing of the heads and was charged nothing for removal and disassembly of the engine, many shops would have told him too bad. I feel sorry for Jeremy as he is his headache now.

So spare me your unfounded attacks with word of mouth and third party accounts, I will stand in front of any of them and give the shops side of it if I know it, I have never seen more bending backwards to accommodate customers than I have seen at Japtrix.

So grow up Miaplaya and and stop behaving like a child, I wont even say girl as that would be insult to girls, whenever people don't agree with you, what are you going to do take the ball and go home and not let us play little boy? Stop crying and act like a man.

Last edited by westpak; 04-16-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:27 PM
taurran

Those two examples are of that and guess what they are TN kit owners. All I know about Abraham's story is that the ac line burnt through, well we seem to have many of those as you can see, his other issue was with dyno results what can we do about that, it was on the Mustang dyno plus he might have needed a clutch, whatever it was he was never going to be happy and he got rid of the kit soon after installing it and I think his issues were more of buyer's remorse.
He seemed pretty happy when he dynod up here and made 372whp on XAT's dynojet with a totally bone stock car and exhaust. He seemed to me just paranoid of FI in general and really didn't want to get on the car even though it was running fine. No telling what else was fixed on the install after the AC line blew and he made your tech replace it.

I personally have no experience with Japtrix, so I'm not going to start downplaying anyone, just stating that I don't believe it was "buyer's remorse" as you stated.

So spare me your unfounded attacks with word of mouth and third party accounts, I will stand in front of any of them and give the shops side of it if I know it, I have never seen more bending backwards to accommodate customers than I have seen at Japtrix.

So grow up Miaplaya and and stop behaving like a child, I wont even say girl as that would be insult to girls, whenever people don't agree with you, what are you going to do take the ball and go home and not let us play little boy? Stop crying and act like a man.
Gimme a break man, the slandering is going both ways (but you initiated it). If you say he's being childish, then by default that makes you the exact same...

In the end, I think everyone needs to relax. And, more importantly, don't talk trash and pretend (or not expect) to get trash-talked in return....

Last edited by taurran; 04-16-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Well my comments are based on what has been seen first hand at the shop, what he is saying is coming second hand from people that I know had different issues than the quality of the work done at the shop. Abraham wanted to blame everything that was going on with his car on the shop, he even tried to blame the shop for the clutch chatter that is typical of all Z's and G's, I admit the ac line blew which seems to be an issue with others and it was replaced as soon as a new one was received. His install was the last TN install done there other than the two blown motors where the kits were removed and installed and that was 1.5 years ago, since then we try to stay clear of them.

Basically it gets old to hear the same answer out of Miaplaya, TN's mouthpiece, it is always that it must be an install issue becuase the instruction are perfect or "it has never happened on my car after xxxxxxx miles" and as expected someone comes to his defense from the TN owners clan let him stand on his own two feet and see if ha can make some adult comments.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:58 PM
taurran

Well my comments are based on what has been seen first hand at the shop, what he is saying is coming second hand from people that I know had different issues than the quality of the work done at the shop. Abraham wanted to blame everything that was going on with his car on the shop, he even tried to blame the shop for the clutch chatter that is typical of all Z's and G's, I admit the ac line blew which seems to be an issue with others and it was replaced as soon as a new one was received. His install was the last TN install done there other than the two blown motors where the kits were removed and installed and that was 1.5 years ago, since then we try to stay clear of them.

Basically it gets old to hear the same answer out of Miaplaya, TN's mouthpiece, it is always that it must be an install issue becuase the instruction are perfect or "it has never happened on my car after xxxxxxx miles" and as expected someone comes to his defense from the TN owners clan let him stand on his own two feet and see if ha can make some adult comments.
Well you're basing this opinion of the kit on only 3 out of all the kits on the streets. The last I heard they had over 400 of these Z kits sold, and that was well around 6 months ago. I'm sure that figure is much higher now. The problem is you've only dealt with the problem cases and are bashing the kit on that limited perspective.

I can see where the argument comes on both sides. I think everyone just needs to think of the bigger picture and not be so narrow minded on the issue. As I've said 100 times, each kit has a target audience and performs to that groups' standards.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:17 PM
MIAPLAYA

LOL...you're not worth my time. Have fun losing some more customers to better shops..

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-16-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Zexy

Originally Posted by 98intrigue
Zexy, your a *****!

Ryan = funny guy
Old 04-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Ahmads350z

Man
I had the same exact problem=(
turbo sure as hell doesnt like keeping your feet cold=P
Old 04-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Zexy

I have better threads to read than to hear Gus' oh-so-sad attacks and insults. He can cry me a river.

Japtrix/Gus = FTL.. Other people say so too.

Now let me go enjoy better FI threads.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by QuadCam
zexy, this guy isn't the only one who had it happen. Alot of people have melted thier A/C lines. That's why most people use header wrap on the hot pipes and they buy alot of extra heat reflective wrap, too. TN supplies some of it, but you need to buy another roll if you really want to be safe. A turbo blanket, like the boost logic model, is another great idea. You can't be too careful!!!

I agree with Zexy. Your 'point' here only reinforces that Zexy is correct.... "that's why most people...." <=====precedent. Any install failures are exactly that....install failures.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:05 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by Zexy
I have better threads to read than to hear Gus' oh-so-sad attacks and insults. He can cry me a river.

Japtrix/Gus = FTL.. Other people say so too.

Now let me go enjoy better FI threads.
If I respected you I might take your comments to heart.

LOL...you're not worth my time. Have fun losing some more customers to better shops..
Come on don't give up now I was just starting to have fun.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im just not feelin the love here, Is it just me ???
Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fluid1
Any install failures are exactly that....install failures.
Fluid,

what I was trying to get across is that just following the supplied instructions is not enough when it comes to thermal management on this kit. You can very easily follow the instructions and do it exactly the way they want you to, but the problem is that the A/C lines are just damn close to the 1000* pipes!

Granted, some of the A/C line failures are due to install error, but some are not! There is just too much and over time that heat WILL fatigue those lines....if they don't melt first.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:20 PM
lemansz20
Banned

But wow lol gus nice try on bragging me, and stop lying telling everyone that you guysgave me good prices. Please, I got so ripped on everything its not even funny. I was stupid for falling for your trics b/c my car was there. Everyone is against you and japtrix, its not just me saying they suck. lol this thread is really funny, you guys enjoy yourselves.

Quick Reply: No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...