Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by diwun67

Jeez don't say that I just installed my TN kit, why did your motor blow?
He was informed enough to stay away from the TN setup, so his motor is not one of TN's casualties. You pick the reason why the TN kit blow's motors:
1.) improper fuel system - maxing out injectors and running out of fuel = lean condition/detonation/blown motor

2.)MAF based reflash - kit maxes out MAF and puts the ECU in an area where it cannot properly adjust timing/fuel and motor blows

3.) TN kit is proned to overboosting, yes, even with the overboost "fix" - too much boost = blown motor

There are probably more, but those are few off the top of my head to get you concerned
Old 04-17-2007, 04:37 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
He was informed enough to stay away from the TN setup, so his motor is not one of TN's casualties. You pick the reason why the TN kit blow's motors:
1.) improper fuel system - maxing out injectors and running out of fuel = lean condition/detonation/blown motor

2.)MAF based reflash - kit maxes out MAF and puts the ECU in an area where it cannot properly adjust timing/fuel and motor blows

3.) TN kit is proned to overboosting, yes, even with the overboost "fix" - too much boost = blown motor

There are probably more, but those are few off the top of my head to get you concerned
My injectors must be magic as they deliver 11.5:1 AFR's to redline, despite being "maxed".

We've gone through this 100 fking times... really, give it a rest ya douche.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:44 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
No I'm just tired of you and your butt buddies blathering on. Keep on defending Craptrix. I care less. You don't like what your customers tell people, treat them better and they won't do it anymore. In the mean time its no secret why people are driving 4 hours or more to other shops for work on their cars.
There you again with the name calling I have not called you any names, have you not matured enough yet to be able to carry on an educated discussion without name calling.

You keep saying customers like it is a ton, you have customers that were so incredibly irrational with their demands and expectations that they were told not to come back to the shop so they had no recourse but to go elsewhere and that was over a year ago so give it a rest. Again many other happy customers. Show me a shop without complaints and I will show you a liar or someone that has been in business less than a year.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:56 PM
boostintt

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so.... anyone have an extra ac line i can buy off you...
Old 04-17-2007, 05:02 PM
diwun67

Maxed out injectors? Lean conditions?? I'm running pretty rich at mid 10:1 a/f ratio under boost. Also I try to keep an eagle eye on my boost gauge and it holds ROCK steady at 8lbs. FWIW my kit is one of the newer ones with the overboost fix.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:09 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by diwun67
Maxed out injectors? Lean conditions?? I'm running pretty rich at mid 10:1 a/f ratio under boost. Also I try to keep an eagle eye on my boost gauge and it holds ROCK steady at 8lbs. FWIW my kit is one of the newer ones with the overboost fix.
Hey, those injectors are supposed to be maxed, remember???? As far as running rich, I think that's an issue with the modification of the stock fuel assembly.

But yeah, people LOVE to say this kit doesn't hold boost even with the relocation kit. I've heard of maybe 2-3 people that said they had issues with it overall, and even those I haven't seen in person.

These guys have their own agendas, and would have you believe your car is going to burst into flames the moment the kit touches the car...
Old 04-17-2007, 05:10 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by boostintt
so.... anyone have an extra ac line i can buy off you...
I have a lower AC line. For the upper, nope.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:25 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by taurran
Hey, those injectors are supposed to be maxed, remember???? As far as running rich, I think that's an issue with the modification of the stock fuel assembly.

But yeah, people LOVE to say this kit doesn't hold boost even with the relocation kit. I've heard of maybe 2-3 people that said they had issues with it overall, and even those I haven't seen in person.

These guys have their own agendas, and would have you believe your car is going to burst into flames the moment the kit touches the car...
Yeah I highly doubt the injectors are maxed out, I would like to see what duty cycle they're running at under boost though.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what it's worth, any mass produced turbo kit will not meet the needs of every single customer. You name it...Greddy, APS, TN, JWT...all have their design constraints, and limitations. All of them can be improved upon, but you have to draw the line somewhere when designing a turbo kit.

A burned AC line isn't the end of the world...just like a blown turbo, or a melted coupler, a bad wastegate, or a faultly EMS are all things that can break. There are ways to mitigate all of these risks, but will they ever be eliminated....probably not.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

A burned AC line isn't the end of the world...just like a blown turbo, or a melted coupler, a bad wastegate, or a faultly EMS are all things that can break. There are ways to mitigate all of these risks, but will they ever be eliminated....probably not.
But the design of the TN kit basically guarantees some sort of heat related issue due to the exhaust routing. Routing the exhaust piping into cramped spacing near sensitve lines is poor design. On top of that, the lack of an even adequate EMS and a half @ssed fuel system make the kit a very poor choice. Then misleading customers and owners that these issues will be corrected with the release of the "stage 1.5" that is LONG overdue. I know members on this board bought the kit because of the advertised "stage" upgrades that have yet to become a reality. But hey, if you tear a coupler or bend a pipe, they will be right there to send you a new one

ANY shop that actually recommends a TN kit is merely trying to make a buck at the expense of an uniformed enthusiast.

I think it is clear that if you sell a guy a TN kit, you run a pretty good chance of doing a motor build along with selling them a properly setup TT kit sometime in the not too distant future.

Last edited by Zivman; 04-17-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 PM
taurran

I think it is clear that if you sell a guy a TN kit, you run a pretty good chance of doing a motor build along with selling them a properly setup TT kit sometime in the not too distant future.
You're wrong. The number of blown motors on these kits is not disproportionate to the number of kits sold compared to the other offerings on the market.

If you think the posts on this forum represent the Z owner base (or FI owner base) in general then you're not thinking realistically.

Also, there is nothing "corrected" about "stage 1.5". That's what the tuner kit is sold for, which is more than what other kits have to offer.

You certainly have a way of spinning things in a negative light. I wish you'd just stfu and be civil for once.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Zivman

You're wrong. The number of blown motors on these kits is not disproportionate to the number of kits sold compared to the other offerings on the market.

If you think the posts on this forum represent the Z owner base (or FI owner base) in general then you're not thinking realistically.

Also, there is nothing "corrected" about "stage 1.5". That's what the tuner kit is sold for, which is more than what other kits have to offer.

You certainly have a way of spinning things in a negative light. I wish you'd just stfu and be civil for once.
The kit is a piece of ****. What the OP had happen to him is likely to happen to every TN car on the road. the kit is poorly designed and lacking in components. I have been very civil in my responses. this thread was actually a bit informative and not completely biased one way or another.

If the TN setup were the ONLY available option, I think the shortcommings of the kit could be dealt with. The fact is, there are numerous other offerings out there that are better choices. It just seems stupid for one to recommend or buy a subpar kit when they have much more viable options available to them.

To each his own and the old saying holds true with every TN kit sold - a fool and his money are easily parted
Old 04-18-2007, 02:35 AM
taurran

The kit is a piece of ****. What the OP had happen to him is likely to happen to every TN car on the road. the kit is poorly designed and lacking in components. I have been very civil in my responses. this thread was actually a bit informative and not completely biased one way or another.

If the TN setup were the ONLY available option, I think the shortcommings of the kit could be dealt with. The fact is, there are numerous other offerings out there that are better choices. It just seems stupid for one to recommend or buy a subpar kit when they have much more viable options available to them.

To each his own and the old saying holds true with every TN kit sold - a fool and his money are easily parted
<queue APS jingle> Thanks for the word from our sponsors. Now kids, go buy an APS kit. Buy now. BUY NOW... Buy nowww....

Ok, now that you've stated your opinion, maybe you can kindly step away from the keyboard and go about your business (sodomize a pig or whatever farmers do in their spare time).

But first, I wanted to THANK YOU for saving all of the "fools" in this forum for wasting their money on this kit, which is an obvious "peice of ****" because it has burned through a few AC lines (which is proven avoidable with a few bucks in heat shielding equipment). We know you're doing this out of the kindess and gentleness of your heart. Thanks to you, little Timmy will have a bright shiny new APS turbo! THANK YOU MR ZIVMAN, YOU'RE SUCH A KIND, GENTAL, AND CARING PERSON.

Now that you've made yourself known and saved us all, perhaps you should consider forming an EVIL PLOT to wipe Turbonetics off the face of this earth FOREVER. Perhaps this could include gaining political power and putting them out of business, or building a giant laser under your chicken coupe to BURN them off the face of the planet. I mean, it's obvious you were molested as a child by a Turbonetics turbo or something, I can understand your desire for revenge.

Now, remember kids: Zivman forgot more about turbos than you will ever know! Eat your vegetables, brush your teeth, and BUY APS!!!

Last edited by taurran; 04-18-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:44 AM
abyss

Ok, now that you've stated your opinion, maybe you can kindly step away from the keyboard and go about your business (sodomize a pig or whatever farmers do in their spare time).
zomg
I'm a farmer and I dont sodomize pigs. My neighbors are much more plump.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:00 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by abyss
zomg
I'm a farmer and I dont sodomize pigs. My neighbors are much more plump.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:30 AM
Zivman

<queue APS jingle> Thanks for the word from our sponsors. Now kids, go buy an APS kit. Buy now. BUY NOW... Buy nowww....

But first, I wanted to THANK YOU for saving all of the "fools" in this forum for wasting their money on this kit, which is an obvious "peice of ****" because it has burned through a few AC lines (which is proven avoidable with a few bucks in heat shielding equipment). We know you're doing this out of the kindess and gentleness of your heart. Thanks to you, little Timmy will have a bright shiny new APS turbo! THANK YOU MR ZIVMAN, YOU'RE SUCH A KIND, GENTAL, AND CARING PERSON.

Now that you've made yourself known and saved us all, perhaps you should consider forming an EVIL PLOT to wipe Turbonetics off the face of this earth FOREVER. Perhaps this could include gaining political power and putting them out of business, or building a giant laser under your chicken coupe to BURN them off the face of the planet. I mean, it's obvious you were molested as a child by a Turbonetics turbo or something, I can understand your desire for revenge.

Now, remember kids: Zivman forgot more about turbos than you will ever know! Eat your vegetables, brush your teeth, and BUY APS!!!
I love it. goes back to homosexual tendancies or beastiality rather than about the topic at hand. You also bring up APS everytime. APS is a more viable option, but not the only one.

When I reffer to the TN kit as a POS, I actually state specific reasons why it is. I don't name call or state the owner must f^ck or "sodomize" pigs

The TN camp is all the same, turn the argument around or change the subject all together to take the focus off the issue at hand - the TN kit is a flawed design. the kit lacks components that are essential to making the kit complete and relatively safe. then TN misleads customers into buying their kit based on a price point and telling them it is complete bolt on, ready to run type kit. Also misleading them into believing things like a tunable EMS and return style fuel system are coming in a stage 1.5 upgrade - that should have been included it the stage 1 kit. And again mislead customers into buying the kit with the fantasy that they have some sort of power upgrade ability with the vaporware stage 2. And while this is going on, we have overboost issues, reflash issues, melted AC lines, you name it.

We don't have any pigs, or animals, on my farm, so now I am off to see if I can find a neighbor's livestock to have my way with
Old 04-18-2007, 04:39 AM
captj3

Taurran I find it funny that you have a problem with someone that doesn't have this installed on there car. I guess what you say should hold true to every tn owner when it comes to aps (especially), greddy, and jwt.

When it comes to the high and mighty it was a tension breaker...lol Not everyone is a basher or has a agenda if they question something about a kits design.

As far as a fix is concerned what is wrong if they redesign the a/c line and increase the price. This would be the same as a owner replacing it if it blows.

One other question. Why do tn owners always throw out the aps card when it's not even brought up?

Last edited by captj3; 04-18-2007 at 04:43 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:46 AM
abyss

Long story short: This is why people must research before deciding on kits so they know the flaws of each and know what to watch out for and ways to prevent it.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:53 AM
westpak
SFZCC

The flaws in the TN kit will show themselves easier and quicker than other kits.

The ac line is the worst in the event that it is not extra wrapped or happens to get in contact with the turbo or piping, but in general over time all of the plastic and rubber will deteriorate at a much faster rate than with other kits. The location is just the worst of any of the kits.

Also the idea of a single turbo on a V6 is not the most efficient having to route exhaust from one side to the other, and yes that goes for the APS single as well but at least theirs is in a better location for efficiency and growth later on, the TN is limited to the size of the down pipe because of space available. Just look at all of the built motors with TN kits that end up going to Twins due to power limitations, and lets face it most of the TN built motors are due to engines blowing up where as most of the APS/Greddy/JWT with built motors are due to choice or change over from TN. I don't know how many people I have had that told me they got into the TN because it was a single and it could make tons of power down the road but their logic was coming from the Supra LMAO it is just a lack of knowledge and research.

I have to agree that name calling is totally uncalled for we should be able to behave like educated adults here.

Oh and one more for Miaplaya, I guess Craptrix' reputation could not have been that bad even with the complaints from TN customers since TN was offering the dealership last year after the so called complaints, I called them whining rather than complaining.

Last edited by westpak; 04-18-2007 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 AM
taurran

I love it. goes back to homosexual tendancies or beastiality rather than about the topic at hand. You also bring up APS everytime. APS is a more viable option, but not the only one.

When I reffer to the TN kit as a POS, I actually state specific reasons why it is. I don't name call or state the owner must f^ck or "sodomize" pigs

The TN camp is all the same, turn the argument around or change the subject all together to take the focus off the issue at hand - the TN kit is a flawed design. the kit lacks components that are essential to making the kit complete and relatively safe. then TN misleads customers into buying their kit based on a price point and telling them it is complete bolt on, ready to run type kit. Also misleading them into believing things like a tunable EMS and return style fuel system are coming in a stage 1.5 upgrade - that should have been included it the stage 1 kit. And again mislead customers into buying the kit with the fantasy that they have some sort of power upgrade ability with the vaporware stage 2. And while this is going on, we have overboost issues, reflash issues, melted AC lines, you name it.

We don't have any pigs, or animals, on my farm, so now I am off to see if I can find a neighbor's livestock to have my way with
Nah man, I was attempting to be sarcastic and add an element of humor to this thread.

Seriously, I've argued this with you dozens of times and I don't care to repeat. I have neither the patience or inclination to do so. I see where your arguments are coming from, but from my perspective you DRASTICALLY overstate the degree of the issues with this kit. You seem to be hellbent on making everyone think these issues are much worse than they really are. I personally know the limits of this kit and how to address issues with it, but you seem to be focused on the extreme negative and in no way contribute to these discussions.

I know that in the end, no matter what I say, you will never change your tune. Arguing with you is like telling a woman to stand up to ****. It just won't happen...

And captj3 - yes I think people invading other kits threads and attempting to bash at every chance they get detracts from these forums. If you post in a thread just to bash another setup on a repeated basis, or just to stir up trouble (like zivman and westpak did in this thread), I think it would be better if you never posted at all. They know exactly what they're looking for when they make these types of posts...

Quick Reply: No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...