Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zivman

ANY shop that actually recommends a TN kit is merely trying to make a buck at the expense of an uniformed enthusiast.

I think it is clear that if you sell a guy a TN kit, you run a pretty good chance of doing a motor build along with selling them a properly setup TT kit sometime in the not too distant future.
I will give you the benifit of the doubt, and assume you are speaking in general terms, and not about our shop.

For the record, we do not recommend ANY single turbo kits to our customers, becuase it doesnt meet their intended power goals, and future plans for the car.

I was just making a general opinion statement , that none of the kits are perfect.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Z PHAT Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westpak
The flaws in the TN kit will show themselves easier and quicker than other kits.

The ac line is the worst in the event that it is not extra wrapped or happens to get in contact with the turbo or piping, but in general over time all of the plastic and rubber will deteriorate at a much faster rate than with other kits. The location is just the worst of any of the kits.

Also the idea of a single turbo on a V6 is not the most efficient having to route exhaust from one side to the other, and yes that goes for the APS single as well but at least theirs is in a better location for efficiency and growth later on, the TN is limited to the size of the down pipe because of space available. Just look at all of the built motors with TN kits that end up going to Twins due to power limitations, and lets face it most of the TN built motors are due to engines blowing up where as most of the APS/Greddy/JWT with built motors are due to choice or change over from TN. I don't know how many people I have had that told me they got into the TN because it was a single and it could make tons of power down the road but their logic was coming from the Supra LMAO it is just a lack of knowledge and research.

I have to agree that name calling is totally uncalled for we should be able to behave like educated adults here.

Oh and one more for Miaplaya, I guess Craptrix' reputation could not have been that bad even with the complaints from TN customers since TN was offering the dealership last year after the so called complaints, I called them whining rather than complaining.
westpak
I agreed with you about the design flaw of the kit. But saying the kit blown up many engines is not true at all. Also people building their engine is not due to blown engine, but an upgrade to wait for Stage 2. People who bought the TN single kit doesn't lack the knowledge and research before making the purchase. Most of us knew what we wanted and the power goal. It's just that boost is very addicting and once you tasted, you will want more.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:58 AM
freezeg35

How hard would it be to make a custom steel braided high pressure a/c line and re route it?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:28 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by freezeg35
How hard would it be to make a custom steel braided high pressure a/c line and re route it?
You'd have to buy the Aeroquip braided AC hose off Jegs and take it to a custom AC shop to get welded to the fittings.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:31 AM
taurran

For what it's worth, I'm going to be going with the following over the existing heat sleeve:

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...s=false&N=+115

These things are no joke, it's basically a flexible insulated hard shield that goes over the line.

DEI also makes "fire sleeve" which would be great as well if you need something more flexible. It's the same stuff I've seen HKS use to shield lines on their turbo kits.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 AM
98intrigue

Originally Posted by Z PHAT Z
westpak
I agreed with you about the design flaw of the kit. But saying the kit blown up many engines is not true at all. Also people building their engine is not due to blown engine, but an upgrade to wait for Stage 2. People who bought the TN single kit doesn't lack the knowledge and research before making the purchase. Most of us knew what we wanted and the power goal. It's just that boost is very addicting and once you tasted, you will want more.
I totally agree with you. When you see people jumping from TN to any TT kit, you don't see the seller selling the TN kit because "it's a piece of crap kit"...they are selling the kit because they want more power. If people don't know what kind of power they are going to make with a TN kit, then that's their fault for not researching it...but I hope most of us are mature enough to do some research before they dish out $5k+ on their cars.

I've had my TN kit for 3 months now...no a/c line problems...and I'm perfectly happy knowing i will most likely never make more than 400whp.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:43 AM
lemansz20
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
No I'm just tired of you and your butt buddies blathering on. Keep on defending Craptrix. I care less. You don't like what your customers tell people, treat them better and they won't do it anymore. In the mean time its no secret why people are driving 4 hours or more to other shops for work on their cars.

Hahaha Craptrix that is getting funnier everytime I say it in my head lol, this is a great thread.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:38 AM
mario23

The only people I trust my TT with is Japtrix without a doubt. They have always gone the extra mile for me in more ways then I even have time to list. They have always exceeded my expectations and impressed me with the passion for their work. If you guys ever actually sat down and talk with Gus or Roger, you would see how honest and helpful they are. I can't believe some of the **** talking going on here by people who, either have had no personal experience with them or people who ripped them off.

I'm sorry. I feel I have to speak up because these guys don't deserve to be treated this way after all that they have done for so many very happy customers. As long as I've been on these forums, I don't really post that much because there are so many people around here that talk out of their *** completely uninformed. I mean really...sometimes its like talking to a bunch of children.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WestPak, do you work at Japtrix? I called Japtrix one time looking for "westpak" and whoever answered the phone said you that you are there alot, but not an employee......it really makes no difference to me. I was just looking for your "twinturbo" emblems.

I just found it humorous to read the back and forth between you and MIA regarding TN and Japtrix. IIRC, MIA doesn't work for TN, and I'm not sure if you work for Japtrix, but you guys are battling it out.

I'm gonna get a bag of popcorn and watch the drama.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:13 AM
bbs350z

i see the flaws in the installer not necessarily the kit. the install instructions clearly state to double wrap all parts as they are near heat, albeit maybe a poor design to sum, but also a poor choice to those that do not take the install instructions precautions seriously. they do not design the kit to hav flaws, maybe sumthings pop up unexpected. but when recommends to double wrap it, or u are possibly at risk then by all means, shell out a couple more dollars and save yourself the hassle. theres going to b problems w/ every kit, as its mass produced. but overall, it seems theres a 95% satisfaction rate w/ this kit. thats saying alot in my book.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Lakelandkev

It simple guys ANY MOD done to a car has a direct or indirect reaction to something else on the car, with ANY F/I kit...So bashing one vs. the other is useless...I'm sure the TT kits have issues somewhere along the lines also...For example the e-manage piggy back is CRAP (old one, don't know about the new one)...And on and on...We go..
Old 04-18-2007, 12:21 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by QuadCam
WestPak, do you work at Japtrix? I called Japtrix one time looking for "westpak" and whoever answered the phone said you that you are there alot, but not an employee......it really makes no difference to me. I was just looking for your "twinturbo" emblems.

I just found it humorous to read the back and forth between you and MIA regarding TN and Japtrix. IIRC, MIA doesn't work for TN, and I'm not sure if you work for Japtrix, but you guys are battling it out.

I'm gonna get a bag of popcorn and watch the drama.
LOL I am glad you are amused I know I have been, but someone keeps coming back for more. To answer your question, I am not an employee but did become a partner a couple of years ago after being a very happy customer and getting sucked into this thing, I am not here all of the time as I have a real job and business to run, if you ever meet Roger Case you will know why I am doing this, he will give his shirt off his back for people and maybe that is why I feel so strong when people talk smack about him and his shop after helping these people out like he does.

To kind of put a period to this Miaplaya needs to stop getting sucked into these arguments and throwing **** out like he is getting inside info from TN when he really has no basis for his comments,, and it is obvious when he resorts to name calling, my fight here was with Miaplaya and his childlike behavior, all of my dealings with Reggie have been good.

As mentioned no kit is perfect, although some more complete than others and people really need to research and educate themselves on what they expect out of the kit, I don't care what anyone says not everyone does, trust me you should hear some of the questions I hear. Every kit fits a need you just have to figure out what that is and it is up to the shop to help in that decision.

The problem is that they come on forums like this and think they become experts and when things don't pan out as they expect they take it out on the last person they deal with which is the installer, it is the nature of the beast.

And Chris (lemansz20) please grow up, and if you ever want to put all of the cards out in public let me know and we will see who looks like an ***.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
2slo2bfurious

Research or not, the turbo supplied with the TN kit is 'supposed' to have alot more cfm capability not realized by the kit's design, so I think most of the people that are switching, including me, have just come to the sad realization that the flow just can't keep up with the turbo provided in the kit.

Even though I never had a problem with the AC lines, I was always paranoid, a relocation kit for both lines in the kit would be ideal imo...

That being said the kit looks real nice under the hood Stg 1.5, Stg 2, and Stg. never gonna happen has got to be the best marketing ploy ever!! Too bad that chances are it will get thrown out because of the new 3.5/3.7's comming out

Last edited by 2slo2bfurious; 04-18-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:31 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious
That being said the kit looks real nice under the hood Stg 1.5, Stg 2, and Stg. never gonna happen has got to be the best marketing ploy ever!! Too bad that chances are it will get thrown out because of the new 3.5/3.7's comming out
I wouldn't call it a marketing ploy at all. It came down to getting some other kits out the door like the mustang gt kit, which would be more profitable. There is actually a "stage 2" built G35, it just hasn't gone to production yet...
Old 04-18-2007, 06:38 PM
diwun67

The kit is a piece of ****. What the OP had happen to him is likely to happen to every TN car on the road. the kit is poorly designed and lacking in components. I have been very civil in my responses. this thread was actually a bit informative and not completely biased one way or another.

If the TN setup were the ONLY available option, I think the shortcommings of the kit could be dealt with. The fact is, there are numerous other offerings out there that are better choices. It just seems stupid for one to recommend or buy a subpar kit when they have much more viable options available to them.

To each his own and the old saying holds true with every TN kit sold - a fool and his money are easily parted
I still wanna know where you got your info on the "running lean condition" and "maxed out injectors" the TN kit is prone to?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by diwun67
I still wanna know where you got your info on the "running lean condition" and "maxed out injectors" the TN kit is prone to?
You can do a search and find posts about people datalogging duty cycles on the injectors
Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
I HATE 350Z's

Originally Posted by boostintt
yep... tn kit burned my upper line... the thicker one (L)....

i put the leak detector and saw it with the black light...

this thing looks like it doesnt end (ac line) it goes back and parallel to the firewall...

any suggestions? any one else with this problem?

i've heard this line is expensive... so im thinking of taking it some where and have them replace the rubber piece with steel braided lines...

it is hot as *****.... in fl
I dont know what your dumb *** did. I have installed 8 of the Turbonetics kits and not one lost an a/c line. you must be some sort of a Retard. It comes with very nice instructions, there is even pictures!!.
I would reccomend you let some one who knows what they are dooing, or even someone with the slightest bit of common sense fix that a/c line because you will probably f*** that up to!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:58 PM
freezeg35

You can do a search and find posts about people datalogging duty cycles on the injectors

Cmon you should have those on file.

I agree on the ac line and im gonna be as overprotective as i can.
Im ceramic coating the downpipe. Ordered the new turonetics blanket$250.00......ouch.
Will look into the wrap for sale at summit.

It will be nice to have boost on the g again.

Last edited by freezeg35; 04-18-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:04 PM
bbs350z

Originally Posted by I HATE 350Z's
I dont know what your dumb *** did. I have installed 8 of the Turbonetics kits and not one lost an a/c line. you must be some sort of a Retard. It comes with very nice instructions, there is even pictures!!.
I would reccomend you let some one who knows what they are dooing, or even someone with the slightest bit of common sense fix that a/c line because you will probably f*** that up to!
wow way 2 make an entry w/ ur first post.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:06 PM
freezeg35

Originally Posted by diwun67
I dont think the injectors will be maxing out.

I was prob. maxing out the stock injectors at 10psi on my vortech, so im happy just to get new and bigger injectors with the turbonetics kit.

Quick Reply: No Ac.... Thanks Turbonetics...