Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Kevins SFR TT Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 02:12 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
When I first got into this scene, I followed your posts because of the technical information. I had grown to respect you and your opinions. But your behavior in this thread has erased all that. Not that you care. You don't know me from Adam.

You claim to take responsibility for your actions, but you try to dismiss your getting personal; you wrap up your motives in nice soft and fluffy clothing: you have to correct misinformation.

And I find your commentary on the wiring of the split second box quite funny actually. I've heard from multiple people that your car is junk. Absolute ****. Sure, it makes power, but I've heard comments to the effect of "I'd never own that piece of ****, regardless of the power."

You also have a tendency to go over the top in your enthusiasm for a given topic, bot for short spans of time. You like to latch on to some product, be it a some supercharger vaporware or piggyback system. When you find a product you like, you are a very convincing advocate, so much so that you dog everything else on the market. But after a few weeks, you discover some newer, better product and your previous favorite becomes another product to bash. I remember when you were absolutely in love with the Greddy EU.

I've seen this behavior multiple times over the past few years. Combined with your sniping in this and other threads, you've lost all credibility, with me at least.
Of course things on the scene change, and there are many others who have gone from liking the EU to going on to better things. How does that change the facts about Split Second. If you think that because the JWT or the Vortech comes with it that that makes it the optimal setup? I am sure the answer to that is no. Greddy EU I still think is one of the best piggybacks out there for our cars, and no it is not better than any other standalone computer available.

On this topic, I remember when Steve's car, who is a friend of mine, got his car done at SFR. Steve is one of the nicest guys i know, and is a friend. But when we went for a ride, with the techtom connected, the car was running negative 7 degrees of advance at partial throttle. I called Tim at that time, and told him about it as a curtesy to him and steve, because i didn't want anything wrong to happen to Steve's car. Tim said that it shouldn't be doign htat and thanked me. This is the same problem that I ahve personally seen happen to one other car and they could understand the problem, whcih is another reason that i am not a fan of the unit.

And how does you trying to offend me by calling my car a piece of **** accomplish your point? How are you any different from what you claim I am. I have never said anythign of the sort against anyone's car. Not only is it low and cheap, but shows your level of class. And whomever said that, could have a multitude of motivation...if you haven';t seen my car in person, then barking about it is not only hearsay but makes you look increbidly, ya know, stupid.

AS I said above, I ahve said things i shouldn't have, but again that does not change the fact that I was giving the absolute facts. And if I lost credibility with you on this, well than there isn;t much i can do about that.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:16 PM
hr2burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see this CR@P happen in a lot of threads. The deal is someone is happy as hell of their accomplishment, purchase or what have you. Someone that knows something or wants to show how clever they are or well rounded or sometimes just jealous has to come poop on the parade. I could give ya a full set of Ginsu knives, I mean the kind that cut through a car fender and you can still thin slice a tomato....yeah you know the ones, NICE cr@p. Anyway your mother in law comes over (By the way I hate that B!itch) and starts telling you how many people accidently cut themselves with these machete's from hell. She even gives you hard numbers to the percentage of the population that have poked an eye out.....
Well this is kinda like that, except it's not a piece of crap and it didn't cost $20 and it slice's wind not tomatoes...but you get the point.
Jman
Old 04-27-2007, 05:30 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

On this topic, I remember when Steve's car, who is a friend of mine, got his car done at SFR. Steve is one of the nicest guys i know, and is a friend. But when we went for a ride, with the techtom connected, the car was running negative 7 degrees of advance at partial throttle. I called Tim at that time, and told him about it as a curtesy to him and steve, because i didn't want anything wrong to happen to Steve's car. Tim said that it shouldn't be doign htat and thanked me. This is the same problem that I ahve personally seen happen to one other car and they could understand the problem, whcih is another reason that i am not a fan of the unit.

LOL. Gurgen,you are so funny. I remember the call but the thing that you dont know is......... that you cant read what the Split Second does for timing through a scanner. Only with an oscilliscope or with a timing gun.The other thing is that we do not retard any timing at all at anything under 5-6 psi of boost.So basically,we run the stock timing until we see 5-6 psi of boost. So what you were seeing at part throttle was what the factory ECU thought the timing is but not what the true timing actually was. Remember the Split Second tricks the computer. Since it trickes the computer,it shows erratic readingson the scanner.There is no car in the world that would run with -7 degrees of timing at part throttle.I was trying to be polite to you on the phone. I am a very polite and will always be curteous, even if the person does not know what they are talking about. So now you do have some good information about the Split second that might be useful to you in the future.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:09 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally Posted by TurboTim

LOL. Gurgen,you are so funny. I remember the call but the thing that you dont know is......... that you cant read what the Split Second does for timing through a scanner. Only with an oscilliscope or with a timing gun.The other thing is that we do not retard any timing at all at anything under 5-6 psi of boost.So basically,we run the stock timing until we see 5-6 psi of boost. So what you were seeing at part throttle was what the factory ECU thought the timing is but not what the true timing actually was. Remember the Split Second tricks the computer. Since it trickes the computer,it shows erratic readingson the scanner.There is no car in the world that would run with -7 degrees of timing at part throttle.I was trying to be polite to you on the phone. I am a very polite and will always be curteous, even if the person does not know what they are talking about. So now you do have some good information about the Split second that might be useful to you in the future.
I was expecting this... i know exactly how the splitsecond works, it's a factory crank sensor offset device. anyway...i am just gonna drop it... btw...the other car that had the same problem, was confirmed to have post-tdc timing with a timing light on the dyno...i was there myself...let's truly drop this....
Old 04-27-2007, 09:40 PM
NoLimit

Originally Posted by GurgenPB
And it's amazing how much you cen tell about me without knowing me from so far away.

Yes, I did lose face, and yes I did say things that i regret. And yes, i did fall victim to my own pet peeves, but this still DOESN:T CHANGE THE FACT THAT I was/am right about what i was saying. If that gets lost in the shuffle of my own emotions, so be it, it's unfortunate and it's partly on me.

Be that as it may, but I If the thoughts are confusing to you, i'd suggest you read it again, or not read at all and claim ignorance. Keeping it simple, doesn't work, stupid (to use the same tone as you did). If it was simple, it would be common knowledge, and people like Tim would understand it. I try to get into a discussion that isn;t simple, and show things with examples. What you are saying is almost laughable.
you are not right, ... that is the point.......

Keeping it simple IS possible, .... NOTHING in this thread is complicated enough that it's too difficult to explain it simply. Hell, I have to explain things Much more complicated than this on a daily basis to people that just want a quick, simple explanation, ... when it's nearly impossible to sum up such things, but it happens, ... everyday.

So basically what you've now said is that you're 'too smart' to 'Stoop down' to 'other people's' level in an attempt to explain a point, or to explain how something works or functions.

dude, you Seriously need to come to Time Attack this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:48 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally Posted by NoLimit
you are not right, ... that is the point.......

Keeping it simple IS possible, .... NOTHING in this thread is complicated enough that it's too difficult to explain it simply. Hell, I have to explain things Much more complicated than this on a daily basis to people that just want a quick, simple explanation, ... when it's nearly impossible to sum up such things, but it happens, ... everyday.

So basically what you've now said is that you're 'too smart' to 'Stoop down' to 'other people's' level in an attempt to explain a point, or to explain how something works or functions.

dude, you Seriously need to come to Time Attack this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just got back from Laguna Seca, so, no....

And do not put words in mouth, I did NOT by any means says that. I have been on these forums for a very long time, and my motivation was nothing but help everyone and contribute to hte community. My MANY contributions can be found here from a long time ago.

When you don't know anything about me, it doesn't help you to attack my intellect at all.

And how is it that you say that i was NOT right on the topic of altitude, boost, SAe correction, when you or anyone else has not challenged me on the topic, and only on my outward comments regarding Tim? You have written paes of posts doing no such thing. Laughable.

Anyway...that's all I will say, and i could say a lot more.

Last edited by GurgenPB; 04-27-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:17 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I guess I might as well put it my .02 cents because everyone else has....

Since everybody posting about Gurgen doesn't know him personally I guess someone who does actually know him should post, which is me.

On Internet forums it’s very hard to understand what type of tone people are using and the same text can be interpreted two completely different ways.

With that said, I believe Gurgen's intention with this thread was to correct some misinformation regarding SAE corrections, Altitude differences, etc. I trust him more than anyone else I know on these matters because he does extensive research on everything he posts about. He doesn't make sh*t up to sound like he knows what he’s talking about, he DOES know what he’s talking about.

Even though this thread is about Kevin’s car and has gotten SEVERLY off topic I think there are a lot of things that need to be cleared up....

Gurgen was one of the first people to turbo his car; I believe he had THE first or one of the first Power Enterprise turbo kits. His stock block blew, as MANY others did, due to lack of knowledge about the VQ35 platform. When he turbo'd his car there was no one to come to on the forum for questions or help, this is back in the day when Sharif was still a consumer.

He was also one of the first to build his engine (due to the fact that his stock engine blew, which he had no control over) when the engine was assembled by Z1 they did not know that the Arias pistons would hit and break the oil squirtters. By Gurgen being the guinea pig, his built engine had to be rebuilt due to the first set of Arias pistons being designed incorrectly. He posted the information and it helped many others from going through the same problems since his engine was the FIRST with these pistons.

So that is a total of 2 blown motors not 5, 8 or 12. After this engine was taken out he was advised to sleeve the block with the AEBS sleeves, he did so and the sleeves kept leaking, requiring another rebuild. Throughout the process, head gaskets also needed to be replaced due to improper installation, knowledge of the VQ, etc.

It is not fair to say it’s his fault, and I think it is rather low because he has had the worst experiences with shops than anyone else, and I believe that is why he feels the need to correct misinformation when he sees it so other people don't get fu*ked like he did.

As far as how hands on he is, he has done a lot of the mods on his car himself, and preps the car for the track himself as well. Also I don't know of many other consumers able to re-wire their entire cars ecu (from 03 to 03.5 up ecu). This took extensive research and many hours of labor to do it RIGHT.

As far as bashing his car, have you seen his car? Have you driven it? Have you raced it at a road course? I doubt there is another G35 sedan on the boards that could keep up with his, and with his last engine build at GTM his car is SOLID. Doubt he will be having any issues....

I can see how he might of come off arrogant and cocky but I can see in his post he is just frustrated because he is trying to help and everyone is taking apart his post, not contesting the facts, and just trying to bring him down.

These forums can be a great tool if everyone helps each other but it’s hard to be helpful when people keep bringing you down.

The bottom line is he might have been too aggressive, or gotten personal, but that is because he was frustrated. At the end of the day the FACTS he posted are TRUE and if anyone wanted to contest them please provide factual evidence, not just your opinion.

This is my only and LAST post in this thread since it doesn't need to go any more off topic, IMO it should be closed. If you want to debate this further feel free to PM me.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

come on guys...

discussion -> debate -> pissing contest

Can we jump out of this pattern for once?

Kevin, great car, great results! Hope you're happy with the car!

Closed.