Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Function:TUNED STOCK MOTOR FI Warranty Program

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:47 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
didnt the OP say he had fuel leak and very high oil consumption that was adviced to F:T.
And his friend that has posted here too mentioned how oil was filled up to normal when he saw it a week before ti went down?
Thats correct

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
no, most people(reasonable customers) try to resolve it with the shop directly...and they are not denied a warranty...
heck those that i consider good shops here i would expect that if they are the only cooks they are responsible for a lot of things...
I mean, i almost feel that the way the warranty is written, it says you cannot ever take your car to the track even if jsut for 1-2 1/4mile runs

Originally Posted by bb1314
Really?!?!?! Even when it's 5k, 10k of repair cost? Does favoring a shop really mean that much for people here that they won't even complain about a 10k repair cost that they don't think is fair?
Usually there is no need to post up....because they settle it with the shop.....its only the ones that get or feel that it cannot be handled with the shop...they will post...and thats what most of the regulars expect from members. You usually get flamed if you post then call shop later

Last edited by XKR; 08-20-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:07 PM
terps

the motor blew very quickly after it left the shop, i could see this being debated if it was 11months down the road and dude wanted to get some labor/motor for free. Honestly no one is going to run the car low on oil hard right after the just spent 15K on mods so it can sit in a shop for another 2 months and have to squabble over repairs. the car was noted having oil issues, and daves response was to tell him how to fix it rather than requiring the car to come in. Now if dave said i wont warrenty the motor unless you bring it back them thats a different story but dave KNEW it had oil issues and didnt address it.

the OP is not a mechanic, he paid for a service(that his car would run correctly) many people buy cars and only bring it in to get the oil changed when the little sticker on the windshield tells them to bring the car into the dealer. If the motor blew in those cars dealer would warrenty it. thats why people pay a premium for the service, so they dont get dicked.

Last edited by terps; 08-20-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:08 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

I don't think it's too fair for you to make such accusation.... What makes you think he won't post about it here if his motor does blow and warranty does not cover it?
Because Ive been on these forums far to long and I know that what people say they will do before their motor blows and what they actually do when their motor blows is two completely different things. Integrity or not
Old 08-20-2009, 02:22 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this thread is getting out of hand......but thats just my opinion......and welcome back Romey.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:25 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by superchargedg
I think this thread is getting out of hand......but thats just my opinion......and welcome back Romey.
Thank you and I agree I would really like to hear the facts from both sides. Im not trying to pass judgement i just feel like if you have a warranty then you are covered
Old 08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by terps
the motor blew very quickly after it left the shop, i could see this being debated if it was 11months down the road and dude wanted to get some labor/motor for free. Honestly no one is going to run the car low on oil hard right after the just spent 15K on mods so it can sit in a shop for another 2 months and have to squabble over repairs. the car was noted having oil issues, and daves response was to tell him how to fix it rather than requiring the car to come in. Now if dave said i wont warrenty the motor unless you bring it back them thats a different story but dave KNEW it had oil issues and didnt address it.

the OP is not a mechanic, he paid for a service(that his car would run correctly) many people buy cars and only bring it in to get the oil changed when the little sticker on the windshield tells them to bring the car into the dealer. If the motor blew in those cars dealer would warrenty it. thats why people pay a premium for the service, so they dont get dicked.
and I posted that the OP mentioned that he had a fuel leak and oil issue in advance....that's the point.... We know the op ran low on oil....but he stated that it started from day one!

Edit**** I see that there is a few people here to defend Dave/FT and some for the OP.......Let me make it clear.....I am not here to defend the OP or Dave.......I am just here to defend the oil ...

Last edited by XKR; 08-20-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:02 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r0mey
Because Ive been on these forums far to long and I know that what people say they will do before their motor blows and what they actually do when their motor blows is two completely different things. Integrity or not
Funny enough I joined this forum a month before you did

J/K J/K
Old 08-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Not that I have any business in this thread at all, but it seems the question that should be being asked is "where did all the oil go?"

No big plumes of smoke under throttle
No oil all over the underside of the car
No huge oil puddles under the car when parked

Is the intercooler filled with 4-5qts of oil? Was there a catch can, if so, is it full? If the intercooler is full of oil, that seems that the rings would be shot. Is that covered?

If a motor is eating a quart per day you would have to see it out the exhaust right?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

J/K J/K
But he has 3 times more posts than you... Plus he is mod...

Btw...Where is jay'z and XKR? are they at other thread??
Old 08-20-2009, 04:22 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Chef-J
But he has 3 times more posts than you... Plus he is mod...

Btw...Where is jay'z and XKR? are they at other thread??
No I am right here
Old 08-20-2009, 04:31 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

i'm not taking sides here.. but OP seriously? a qt of oil a day? and you still driving it around? when my car was leaking PS Fluid.. i drove that b!tch back to NJ and Matt found it was the Greddy Turbo against the PS Line and fixed it... when my car was leaking oil.. not even a 1 qt a day.. maybe a little puddle a day.. i brought it back to NJ and Matt found the main seal had a leak.. Julian and Matt offered to put my gf and i up in a hotel for the weekend while matt fixed it.. but i declined and had Julian drop us at the bus station and we took the bus back to NYC and the train back to CT... I don't understand how you were putting in 1 qt a day in the car and didn't bring it back to Dave.. i woudl have drove it down to FT nad left it there.. and told them to call you when your car stops leaking oil... however if i missunderstood anything i have commented on i appologize
Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

J/K J/K
yeah you did join before me. Im not here to have a pissing match about that I was just answering you question.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:17 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
i'm not taking sides here.. but OP seriously? a qt of oil a day? and you still driving it around? when my car was leaking PS Fluid.. i drove that b!tch back to NJ and Matt found it was the Greddy Turbo against the PS Line and fixed it... when my car was leaking oil.. not even a 1 qt a day.. maybe a little puddle a day.. i brought it back to NJ and Matt found the main seal had a leak.. Julian and Matt offered to put my gf and i up in a hotel for the weekend while matt fixed it.. but i declined and had Julian drop us at the bus station and we took the bus back to NYC and the train back to CT... I don't understand how you were putting in 1 qt a day in the car and didn't bring it back to Dave.. i woudl have drove it down to FT nad left it there.. and told them to call you when your car stops leaking oil... however if i missunderstood anything i have commented on i appologize
This is the main reason I quit posting this morning. No matter how many times I lay down actual facts and timelines, they get distorted and turned around and lost by hurt feelings and other non-relevant comments.

the fact is that it MUST HAVE been losing oil that quickly based on simple math.

8 days before d-day the oil level was slightly low and dave was informed. After at least 2800 miles and only 0.5 - 1 qt down I'd say it was doing alright in terms of OC.

Sometime between then and d-day (7 days) only 1 qt remained.

Therefore the actual consumption rate is anything 0.571 qts of oil per day or more (depending on when it started).

No visible smoke, no puddles, nothing out of the ordinary from what I could see on the actual day of the blowup when we were out for a drive and I was following.

That's all...not bashing...just facts.

If anyone has any specific questions please ask the OP instead of speculating.

As the OP is working directly with Dave again I am backing out of this.

Sorry Tech if I messed things up for you and your dealings with Dave.

Last edited by djamps; 08-20-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by XKR
No I am right here
Old 08-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by djamps

There is nothing messed up, everyone has their opinion. It just everyone wasn't looking at same direction. You just tried to help your friend.

Edit: Now.... i know who you are...

Last edited by Chef-J; 08-20-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:32 PM
XKR

This is the main reason I quit posting this morning. No matter how many times I lay down actual facts and timelines, they get distorted and turned around and lost by hurt feelings and other non-relevant comments.

the fact is that it MUST HAVE been losing oil that quickly based on simple math.

8 days before d-day the oil level was slightly low and dave was informed. After at least 2800 miles and only 0.5 - 1 qt down I'd say it was doing alright in terms of OC.

Therefore the actual consumption rate is anything 0.571 qts of oil per day or more (depending on when it started).

No visible smoke, no puddles, nothing out of the ordinary from what I could see on the actual day of the blowup when we were out for a drive and I was following.

Sorry Tech if I messed things up for you and your dealings with Dave
Then its My mistake...not Dougs.....I thought in the PM I recieved 1 qt a day was mentioned....I will re-read it.

BTW....If the OP is working with Dave...thats good news.....so how could you have messed things up for the OP??...You will always get people on here with their own opinions....Just trying to find out what went wrong.

Last edited by XKR; 08-20-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Chef-J
I am here too..
Old 08-20-2009, 06:43 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

your post to me confused me.. i'm lost.. i don't know if you're agreeing with me or calling me a dumbass and telling me to shut up..
Old 08-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Motormouth
Banned

it's hard to show patience in waiting for a reason, and to not hypothesize at the reason in the meantime.

the problem is too many people cannot simply hypothesize and have to act like they have figured it out, or that even thinking it could possibly not be the owner's fault means that it's an attack against a shop.

too many knee jerk reactions

too many blind loyalties and biases.

just chill guys! everything will be worked out.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Reality350

Hi, just a question...

If the OP new he was loosing that much oil (and still drove), why was he not checking the oil level between the 7 days- Dday

/me runs*

Quick Reply: Function:TUNED STOCK MOTOR FI Warranty Program