Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Leaking Oil Seal List

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 PM
andyisphat2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

getting nervous now...
Old 06-03-2007, 10:06 PM
redline350ZZ

Originally Posted by andyisphat2004
getting nervous now...
Hopefully we will get a solution rather than scraping the whole Turbo kit.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Scythenc

i know im done. scraping mine n starting over gonna replace the turbo n then sell the kit and go to a twin setup.

would go with aps tt with garrett turbo's but there internally wastegated ftl. so i'll prolly just go with the greddy tt and customize it some.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what I did. I am getting my car back tomorrow. Say hello to 525whp of Greddy TT powa and GTM cams!!!!

JET
Old 06-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Scythenc

nice. im just hoping to make 450whp. whats your piston/rod setup on your built engine? im going with arias and either eagle or pauter just trying to justify paying twice as much for em though lol.

are you running the 440cc injectors that come with the kit or did ya go ahead n upgrade them as well?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:13 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was running 550 injectors on my Turbonetics kit making 460whp. I have The Arias ED pistons and the Eagle H-Beam rods. The pistons I won't go cheap on. The Eagle connecting rods will take anything you can throw at them and they are lighter than the Pauters..

JET
Old 06-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Scythenc

sweet thanks for the info. my plan is to sell my turbonetics kit install the greddy upgrade the injectors, walboro 255 fuel pump, switch to an hks bov and maybe upgrade the wastegate not sure yet. the greddy comes with tial 38mm right?

what exhaust system you got on yours? i currently got the tanabe ultra medallion titanium exhaust and i love the way it sounds. I've been trying to find a true dual titanium but havent been having any luck.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:51 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
Onderground welcome to the club, we play bingo on tuesdays.

Tomorrow is tuesday. I cant wait to play... BINGO!!!!!!! I won bit**s.

Anyways I guess I need to add myself to the list
Old 06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
MIAPLAYA

All you guys with current smoking issues, I talked to Reggie at Turbonetics tonight and he asked if everyone who currently has issues with their turbo would contact him via PM. His screen name here is blk180sx We spoke about the options and he will gladly explain what can be done. This includes those out of warranty. If you are currently having no issues but are close to warranty expiration you can PM him as well. He may not be able to take care of anything right away as he would like to take care of those with issues first. To briefly explain what is planned, a rebuild of the turbo to include a wet bearing section. I don't want to speak for Reggie on the details of what will be included at cost so I will just ask that you PM him and he can work with you on the whole process.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:16 PM
redline350ZZ

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
All you guys with current smoking issues, I talked to Reggie at Turbonetics tonight and he asked if everyone who currently has issues with their turbo would contact him via PM. His screen name here is blk180sx We spoke about the options and he will gladly explain what can be done. This includes those out of warranty. If you are currently having no issues but are close to warranty expiration you can PM him as well. He may not be able to take care of anything right away as he would like to take care of those with issues first. To briefly explain what is planned, a rebuild of the turbo to include a wet bearing section. I don't want to speak for Reggie on the details of what will be included at cost so I will just ask that you PM him and he can work with you on the whole process.
Thanks, I sent him a PM. My Turbo has been at Turbonetics since the beginning of May since the inspection determined about 800.00 in damage not including labor.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:18 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
Thanks, I sent him a PM. My Turbo has been at Turbonetics since the beginning of May since the inspection determined about 800.00 in damage not including labor.
No worries. Let's see what Reggie can do...
Old 06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
taurran

Reggie comes through again for the Turbonetics owners.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:23 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

aka damage control..
Old 06-04-2007, 06:24 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by doug
aka damage control..
aka Customer Service. Haven't seen Greddy replace one burnt coil pack yet. Have you?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:42 PM
doug

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
aka Customer Service. Haven't seen Greddy replace one burnt coil pack yet. Have you?
oh please .. don't talk to me like i am one of the sheep on this forum, i think every TN member who benefits from whatever Reggie does owes Jet a beer, a steak or whatever it is that makes him happy. Everyone in this thread knows if Jet didn't start the thread and make noise .. no one would give a **** what happened... as couple of the people in this thread said they already made attempts to RECIEVE CUSTOMER SERVICE. This is nothing more than damage control for future turbonectics buyers. Don't post to me like i am a retard MIA .. i can read between the effing lines. You can sell that BS to other people.. but i for one ain't buying it
Old 06-04-2007, 06:43 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh please .. don't talk to me like i am one of the sheep on this forum, i think every TN member who benefits from whatever Reggie does owes Jet a beer, a steak or whatever it is that makes him happy. Everyone in this thread knows if Jet didn't start the thread and make noise .. no one would give a **** what happened... as couple of the people in this thread said they already made attempts to RECIEVE CUSTOMER SERVICE. This is nothing more than damage control for future turbonectics buyers. Don't post to me like i am a retard MIA .. i can read between the effing lines. You can sell that BS to other people.. but i for one ain't buying it
Hostility!
Old 06-04-2007, 06:50 PM
doug

you're right.. i spelled received wrong lol
Old 06-04-2007, 06:56 PM
taurran

You're wrong. Plain and simple.

FYI, the whole reason for the install of my water cooled bearing housing on my car was to test fitment on the Z for the actual water lines, and ultimately to make sure the setup worked properly. This was discussed WELL before any of these recent threads were started. I certainly know that Rob and I have discussed this issue for a while, and he's been giving information to Turbonetics not only of our own findings, but from feedback here on the forums.

Jetpilot has done nothing but inflame the situation, and has gone about it in the wrong way. I personally know the real issue with Jetpilot's car and the repeated oil burning was not what he lead everyone to believe.

And you, with your constant prodding and over-opinionated ranting on an issue that you have no say or business voicing your narrow minded opinion in, should take your trollish behavior elsewhere. You're just trying to incite drama here, as you consistently have in other threads. There's no reason for you to be taking any of this so personally other than to incite a flame war for your own enjoyent. Pretty sad to say the least...

Last edited by taurran; 06-04-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
MIAPLAYA

Clearly you can't read at all. Reggie and Turbonetics have been providing some great customer service for years now. I guess you conviniently missed all those threads. Including the thread where a G35 owner had his car totaled by another car and Turbonetics replaced every damaged piece of the kit for ZERO cost to him. But I guess that doesn't mean jack **** to you. All you really care about is defaming people and companies here. I haven't seen you post anything constructive here in months. Well aside from your cury recipes. Why don't you go back to trolling the Maxima boards. Let them put up with your crap. If you think Jetpilot and his threads have any bearing on what Reggie is and has been doing you are dead wrong. Its too bad you are too ignorant to know that.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
doug

Originally Posted by taurran
And you, with your constant prodding and over-opinionated ranting on an issue that you have no say or business voicing your narrow minded opinion in, should take your trollish behavior elsewhere. You're just trying to incite drama here, as you consistently have in other threads. There's no reason for you to be taking any of this so personally other than to incite a flame war for your own enjoyent. Pretty sad to say the least...
I call it like i see it.. and quite frankly there is no drama here.. its only drama if YOU start it..

again as i said.. had this thread not been posted.. no one would have given a **** about these poor guys who already tried to get something done..

do you need glasses? did you read the thread? did you see how many people said they don't know what to do now? because they can't get help and they are lost?

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Leaking Oil Seal List