Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Well, JWT TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 03:16 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, I'm Michael...Not sure I know your name?

Look - No Doubt You obviously are an intelligent man. I really do admire your post...I read them often.

We get it...

1. You Like Fcon more than Split Second (Hell) you have blasted me on using Split Second a million times or so...
2. You like GTM and Hate VRT.

I'm glad Tom got a great tune from GTM.
I'm glad he is happy. That is really what counts here.

I admire you calling out Vendors, commendable. I don't mind being put on blast, no problem.

Once again, we are proud to have worked on Tom's car and are very happy he is happy. That's what counts here.

Dynos
I can show you a whole slew of dynos from JWTs Dynopak to the Dynojet to a Dynodynamics....

AND YES they will all look different, ALL of them even-though they are the same car with the same PSI and even the same day.

The dyno was distorted. And you know what, I TOTALLY SCREWED-UP. I did upload the dyno after a check engine light. I went to the Dynoshop and got a file of one of the 14 PSI runs without the check engine light. Please check it out and then tell me this doesn't look like the same car. They have each car listed Under their license plate number within the DynoJet system so it was easy to find.

As for the differences between YOU AND I lasting far before this issue,
So what do you want me to say.

1. You are right Gurgen, the dynos are different looking.
2. You are right, GTM did a great job.
3. You are right Fcon is a much better tuning tool then Split Second.
4. You are right a fuel return is way better than a boost pressure regulator for High horsepower cars above 600 WHP. I have a fuel return on my Yellow Z and we simply ran out of fuel with the standard intake even with an amplifier.
5. You are right I shouldn't have blown you off at Spring Mountain raceway saying all tuning ems, Fcon, Split Second, etc. are tools.

I apologize publicly for that.

I was a di$k to you and I'm truly sorry.
You were trying to ask me a question, my adrenalin was pumping from just getting off the track and I was arrogantly rude.

Look Gurgen, once again, I admire your post and admire your intelligence.

What I do know for sure is right after the dyno run, the operator told me of the slip and check engine light, we took it off the dyno and I took the car to Nissan ASAP for a New tranny. And of course the Cam sensor and O2 sensor resulting from the check engine light.

Thanks for pointing things out, not mad just admiring your attention to detail.

Off Topic
Can I ever buy you a beer at the next track event and get past the fact that I WAS A DI$K TO YOU...

Hope your Monday is great.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 06-11-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Devil Z

LOL buy a beer . . . . .

Subscribing.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:36 AM
vqturbotec

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Kinda funny, I haven't said anything about the whole GTM tune situation...But for you folks to beat this thing without the facts is disturbing...

First and foremost Tom (Client)
1. Was running on 220 WHP. First time driving 500 WHP in a Roadster.

We are talking about THE FIRST 1000 miles of a newly built motor.

Been doing this a longtime so I don't hesitate to make the initial tune RICH (Safer) than pushing the limit on a breakin...

2. Tell me that is a huge change. With a client never driven FI and now has 500 WHP I think there is OK justification to keep the car a little slower with (less Torque) within breakin.

3. I knew the tune was rich and wouldn't hesitate to do this again if I knew he was bringing the car back within weeks for changes.

I clearly told Tom I can easily get 80-100 FT/lbs of torque by a retune and taking fuel out...If you doubt me, ask him if we had this conversation...

4. He said the tune was fine for now and he would bring the car back within a few weeks so we could put a a True TT exhaust or custom 3 Inch...

THESE ARE FACTS...

5. I also told him the Kintx Plenum is costing him power. The stock would work better or we could develop him a custom plenum like RipDrifts///

It is funny how the client has no beef, yet you folks take ONLY some of the facts and run with the **** talking.

Look, Sam at GTM did a great job. Won't take anything from them,,,And very happy Tom is happy.

Whether you folks know it or not, Tom (ROADSTER) and I are great friends and talk almost daily...

If we would have seen the car again...Plenum change, new exhaust, and a RETUNE (That i was going to do "within two weeks" when the car was fully broken in), the results would improve. For sure...

These are Tom's OWN words...His choice to go to GTM to change the Plenem and Exhaust...

I just wish you folks would look at the whole picture instead of JUST PROMOTING parts of the picture. Well, maybe that won't happen for it seems as if PEOPLE REALY WANT TO TALK **** regardless of all of the facts. ALL GOOD.

FRANK, your Z is going to be great so rest assured.

Thanks Min for all of your help. You are right, great car, great motor, great kit...

Take care.

M
Sorry i just seen this and i must say this is the biggest crock of **** i ever heard. Mike do you know what happens when a motor is flooded with fuel,guess not considering a plus 10 afr is a safe tune right

If anything flentz this should have been a sign right here
Old 07-03-2007, 08:48 AM
vqturbotec

Originally Posted by mraturbo
First, I'm Miguel...Not sure I know your name?

Look - No Doubt You obviously are an intelligent man. I really do admire your post...I read them often.

We get it...

1. You Like Fcon more than Split Second (Hell) you have blasted me on using Split Second a million times or so...
2. You like GTM and Hate VRT.

I'm glad Tom got a great tune from GTM.
I'm glad he is happy. That is really what counts here.

I admire you calling out Vendors, commendable. I don't mind being put on blast, no problem.

Once again, we are proud to have worked on Tom's car and are very happy he is happy. That's what counts here.

Dynos
I can show you a whole slew of dynos from JWTs Dynopak to the Dynojet to a Dynodynamics....

AND YES they will all look different, ALL of them even-though they are the same car with the same PSI and even the same day.

The dyno was distorted. And you know what, I TOTALLY SCREWED-UP. I did upload the dyno after a check engine light. I went to the Dynoshop and got a file of one of the 14 PSI runs without the check engine light. Please check it out and then tell me this doesn't look like the same car. They have each car listed Under their license plate number within the DynoJet system so it was easy to find.

As for the differences between YOU AND I lasting far before this issue,
So what do you want me to say.

1. You are right Gurgen, the dynos are different looking.
2. You are right, GTM did a great job.
3. You are right Fcon is a much better tuning tool then Split Second.
4. You are right a fuel return is way better than a boost pressure regulator for High horsepower cars above 600 WHP. I have a fuel return on my Yellow Z and we simply ran out of fuel with the standard intake even with an amplifier.
5. You are right I shouldn't have blown you off at Spring Mountain raceway saying all tuning ems, Fcon, Split Second, etc. are tools.

I apologize publicly for that.

I was a di$k to you and I'm truly sorry. You were trying to ask me a question, my adrenalin was pumping from just getting off the track and I was arrogantly rude.

Look Gurgen, once again, I admire your post and admire your intelligence.

What I do know for sure is right after the dyno run, the operator told me of the slip and check engine light, we took it off the dyno and I took the car to Nissan ASAP for a New tranny. And of course the Cam sensor and O2 sensor resulting from the check engine light.

Thanks for pointing things out, not mad just admiring your attention to detail.

Off Topic
Can I ever buy you a beer at the next track event and get past the fact that I WAS A DI$K TO YOU...

Hope your Monday is great.

M

Well then why not respond to my post ?

If im not mistaken didn't you only do one or two pulls ?

YOUR SAYING TO THE PUBLIC THAT BETWEEN THE TWO DYNOS THE AFR COULD CHANGE THAT MUCH HORSEPOWER I WOULDN'T DOUBT BUT THE AFR

YOU SHOULD STOP INSULTING OTHER PEOPLES INTELLIGENCE

Last edited by vqturbotec; 07-03-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Three5oZee

...hmmm, i know on my last dyno run... when we leaned out my car by three points, i gained about 20 more hp... i cant imagine seeing too much more than that