Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Engine is Toast !!!! Feel my Pain!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I like it.

I think the grounds keeper stole it to scare the kids away from his gold mining operation!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by failsafe306
"Scooby Doo
and the
Mystery Of JETPILOT'S Lost Oil"

Old 06-06-2007, 11:41 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"ZOINKS!!!"

Last edited by failsafe306; 06-06-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Like I said, I'm sure that's the case. ????
Old 06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

After reading over 9 pages of this thread, here is simply my perspective:

1. I recommend that anyone that choices to go FI do a lot of research into the products you wish to buy & even more time selecting the shop (one shop) to do the work. There is a lot more to price when selecting a product & installer/tuner.

2. Assuming you have selected a shop on their proven record of doing good work, spoken to several people (customers) that are happy with that shop’s work, & know they back their work, you have a much better chance of not having a problem with your car. If you do have a problem, chances are they will be willing to help you resolve that problem.

3. Once you pick a shop to do your installation, I strongly suggest you use that same shop for further modifications, tuning etc. Picking one shop to do part of the job, then using another shop to do other work causes the pointing finger blame game to occur & rightfully so. To be blunt, why should one shop fix anothers error.

4. If you have a problem with a shop or product, try giving them a reasonable chance at helping you fix the problem. The reality is the aftermarket community is dependant upon us as customers. It is in their long term interests to help us so we use them (& the products they sell) again & hopefully have us recommend them to other customers. When a shop or product is blasted on the internet, it can have long term negative effects & if should not be done without at least giving those involved time to fix the problem. Remember, what comes around, goes around.

5. Think twice before doing something. Going FI has risks. Selecting a product that meets your needs & taking the time in selecting a reputable installer/tuner increases your chances of having a good FI experience.

6. I feel for Jet & his problem. Good luck to you getting things running again!

Last edited by zland; 06-06-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
failsafe306

fixed
Old 06-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very imformative post. jets motor will be out and apart/taken care of in a very fast timely matter. we will see what is the cause and get it back to the proper place for rebuilding/machining.

thanks everyone!!

Originally Posted by zland
After reading over 9 pages of this thread, here is simply my perspective:

1. I recommend that anyone that choices to go FI do a lot of research into the products you wish to buy & even more time selecting the shop (one shop) to do the work. There is a lot more to price when selecting a product & installer/tuner.

2. Assuming you have selected a shop on their proven record of doing good work, spoken to several people (customers) that are happy with that shop’s work, & know they back their work, you have a much better chance of not having a problem with your car. If you do have a problem, chances are they will be willing to help you resolve that problem.

3. Once you pick a shop to do your installation, I strongly suggest you use that same shop for further modifications, tuning etc. Picking one shop to do part of the job, then using another shop to do other work causes the pointing finger blame game to occur & rightfully so. To be blunt, why should one shop fix anothers error.

4. If you have a problem with a shop or product, try giving them a reasonable chance at helping you fix the problem. The reality is the aftermarket community is dependant upon us as customers. It is in their long term interests to help us so we use them (& the products they sell) again & hopefully have us recommend them to other customers. When a shop or product is blasted on the internet, it can have long term negative effects & if should not be done without at least giving those involved time to fix the problem. Remember, what comes around, goes around.

5. Think twice before doing something. Going FI has risks. Selecting a product that meets your needs & taking the time in selecting a reputable installer/tuner increases your chances of having a good FI experience.

6. I feel for Jet & his problem. Good luck to you getting things running again!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by failsafe306
fixed
and I deleted it to save your reputation l;olls
Old 06-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Stailey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Z_LEE
Pretty unprofessional of you to make an "attempt" to degrade someone who runs a nice operation, and has put out several quality VQ's. Lots of chocolate milk drinkers on this forum too.

Jeremy did apologize, and it seemed pretty genuine...
Old 06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
JETPILOT

Yes... I sold the turbo with the guarantee that I will rebuild the turbo if there is anything wrong with it. I disclosed everything up front. Check my iTrader bitshes!

My oil return wasn't kinked. It was flowing back to the pan. So let's not dwell on that anymore. I think the situatio nwith these turbo's is evident now given the number of people that have come foward with the same iussue. If it is found that Turbnetics was not at fault I will gladly post up a public appology.

JET
Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Yes... I sold the turbo with the guarantee that I will rebuild the turbo if there is anything wrong with it. I disclosed everything up front. Check my iTrader bitshes!

My oil return wasn't kinked. It was flowing back to the pan. So let's not dwell o nthat anymore. I think the situatio nwith these turbo's is evident now given the number of people that have come foward wit hthe same iussue. If it is found that Turbnetics was not at fault I will gladly post up a public appology.

JET
Uh, that's not what I was told by people that were around the shop. Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway. There was still something with your setup causing the problem. Turbos just don't spew oil out of the seals, especially fresh rebuilt ones. Nothing about your car makes sense.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

This is an all time record thread 10 pages in less than 24hr and going!

Good luck on getting you motor back together.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:58 PM
JETPILOT

With the line bent around the up-pipe there is no way that line could kink. There was no way for it to fold. When it was off the car it could easilly be folded where it had burned through. In my opinion if the line were kinked and the oil was building enough pressure to blow through the oil seals it would have exited the hole in the oil line as well as that would have been the path of least resistance rather than the oil seals.

JET
Old 06-06-2007, 01:04 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
With the line bent around the up-pipe there is no way that line could kink. There was no way for it to fold. When it was off the car it could easilly be folded where it had burned through. In my opinion if the line were kinked and the oil was building enough pressure to blow through the oil seals it would have exited the hole in the oil line as well as that would have been the path of least resistance rather than the oil seals.

JET
Well to be honest its not going to be a lot of pressure. It doesn't take anything more then the oil not having the absolute least resistance on a gravity return line to cause oil to back up. Once the oil backs up in the bearing its going to blow out the seals.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:28 PM
FairladyZ06

JET- Hope everything works out for ya and with all the reputable shops involved, I dont see why it wouldn't. There is a ton of useful information in this thread for a Noob like myself to learn about the different problems than can arise with FI. I'm contemplating the GReddy Twins myself and I just flew in from Atlanta, wish I had time to stop over at Forged.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:31 PM
one350zfan

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
i just want to apologize to sharif, sorry for saying anything to discredit you. i am a good honest person and get caught up in this drama sometimes...
Clearly, the right thing to do... Good job

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
we are pretty much the hardcore racing metal militia of the Z community, its got to be the fastest, loudest, lowest thing around, we let our arrogance overtake our professionalism sometimes, nothing good comes from name calling and so forth...
Its hard to stay humble, isn't it Keep doing what got you here and the rest will take care of itself.

Now, get a bigger shop for all these cars

Last edited by one350zfan; 06-06-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:33 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by doug
until the next episode of "As My350z.com turns"
+100
Old 06-06-2007, 02:56 PM
JETPILOT

Need therapy!

Show your support for mental health! Please send $1 to Paypal: threelittlefish@bellsouth.net

JET
Old 06-06-2007, 02:57 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by taurran
That's what happens when the oil drain is kinked and it has nowhere to go, it will come out the seals. Amazing after all this we're back to step one trying to explain the obvious...

if this is where the oil went (backed up in the turbo and pushed through the seals)..you would either fill the intake with so much oil the car would run like complete crap..or the car would be smoking like my dually diesel at WOT pulling a trailer in 3rd gear ....

in most cases when oil backs up in a turbo, the car will smoke tons and tons..and JET, no smoke?
Old 06-06-2007, 03:02 PM
tig488

exactly, you know the aps kits were having tons of problems with oil flooding the turbos, hell, several people were driving them around with sumps that werent running, and the turbos had loads of oil leaking from every crack, dripping from the exhaust tips, filling the intercooler and charge pipes, and smoking like a factory, and the seals still never went bad.

i even filled mine with gasoline a few months ago, i had a wire in my ecu harness come loose that was the ignition for cylinder 4, the car was running like crap and gas was pouring out of where the turbo manifold meets the head, and pouring all over the ground, and leaking out of the turbo. found out the plug wasnt firing and the cylinder was filling with unburnt fuel, that makes you feel nice and warm inside.

hope you get it all fixed Jet, once and for all.

Last edited by tig488; 06-06-2007 at 03:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Engine is Toast !!!! Feel my Pain!!