Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

What's your expert opinion on the wet bearing for the Turbonetics turbine

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007 | 10:09 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by bladerunner
Zivman is off-topic. Other comments have been helpful. So far, more PRO than CON.

This is about an option to have a watercooled jacket installed on a Turbonetics single turbo. Turbonetics is offering this on a limited basis-see the usefull thread from MIAPLAYA for more information.

Summary answers

Pro
Water cooling will only help on any turbocharged car. Is it mandatory, no. But with Turbonetics offering to set this up for you like they have I would do it. Water cooling will help keep the bearing temps lower increasing the life of your turbocharger.
Watercooling is a great way to dissipate heat.
I dont see any drawbacks to using a water cooled center section, and possibly some good benefits.

Con
Defintiely no drawbacks except for the plumbing.
Blade runner, keep in mind that the con of plumbing is really not a very large con. Its two lines and tee fittings. Its just one additional step that needs to be taken at install which I guess puts it in the con category but its not difficult to do just time consuming.
Old 07-07-2007 | 10:09 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Please, for as much crap as you talk to me about being on Turbonetics pay roll you are clearly on APS payroll. Love for the community and members my ***. I don't see you telling APS owners to buy a better turbo kit when their turbos smoke out of box or the kits don't hold the boost APS says they do without someone else's actuator. Who are you really kidding here? Get a life already no one cares for your blathering anymore. Its annoying at best. I guess my "incomplete" turbo kit must be REALLY bad since I'm on year 2+ with over 70,000 miles with no failures while you can't keep from breaking your car with your "superior" turbo kit.
Smoking turbos?? you are talking about maybe 2-3 people in regards to the APS. How many crappy TN turbos have been replaced? there are multiple owners that have individually had 2-3 replacements

my kit is vastly superior
Old 07-07-2007 | 10:12 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Zivman
Smoking turbos?? you are talking about maybe 2-3 people in regards to the APS. How many crappy TN turbos have been replaced? there are multiple owners that have individually had 2-3 replacements

my kit is vastly superior
LMAO 2-3 people. Maybe you want to run a search on the last 30 days. Theres a lot more then 2 or 3. Or maybe we should start counting how many people had to buy a Forged actuator to make the boost APS says it makes out of box. Yup real superior. Or maybe we should ask the guys who bought the EW setup for the ST kit how much it costs when APS screwed them.
Old 07-07-2007 | 01:37 PM
Zivman

LMAO 2-3 people. Maybe you want to run a search on the last 30 days. Theres a lot more then 2 or 3. Or maybe we should start counting how many people had to buy a Forged actuator to make the boost APS says it makes out of box. Yup real superior. Or maybe we should ask the guys who bought the EW setup for the ST kit how much it costs when APS screwed them.
you make a list of all the people with APS setups that have had smoking turbos.
Old 07-07-2007 | 02:09 PM
VIZAGE

This thread went south quick. Now nothing is going to be learned from the original question. Is it going to be another 10 page thread of people arguing like school girls. I come here to learn, not read drama. But let me guess, someone has a smart comment about my statement also?
Old 07-07-2007 | 02:28 PM
Zivman

Zivman take a hint. The OP doesn't appreciate you crapping on his thread either.
takes two to tango my friend... read through the posts, I was replying to his question, while you were talking about the current situation with my car and of superior APS products.

In any case having the water setup on the turbo is like putting lipstick on a pig