Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The truth about maximumsportZs motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Yes.... he's back!
Only on occasion for the Florida guys.. The same ones that talk a ton of smack, yet have no cars, nor have they had their cars for over 6 months now..
Old 09-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ouch...
Old 09-17-2007, 07:05 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Oh $hit!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Only on occasion for the Florida guys.. The same ones that talk a ton of smack, yet have no cars, nor have they had their cars for over 6 months now..

this is what I like.... bunch of "nuthugging" BS trash talk, countered with quality facts that there really isn't a comeback to...
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Zexy

Some douchebags never change!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

settle down please people.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:55 AM
TayTaythatsme04

this **** is great . . . its better then late night TV.

T
Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 AM
TENGAI

Wow, this is turning into a train wreck.... FWIW, I'd give the PF crew a minute or two to finish up a couple of their cars before too much smack talk. IIRC, we've seen just about every vendor on this forum get into some heat over a car / build that didn't go quite as planned.

Julian - how are the "baller" copper head gaskets working out? Also, what's up with your GT35R TT build? Still think the BC stroker is a bad kit?

Just a couple of "oops" from your shop in the last year. Let's not throw stones in glass houses...

EDIT: Had to put smiley's in to make sure everyone knows I'm just joking around... No harm no fowl.

Last edited by TENGAI; 09-18-2007 at 03:27 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:14 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by TENGAI

Julian - how are the "baller" copper head gaskets working out? Also, what's up with your GT35R TT build? Still think the BC stroker is a bad kit?

Just a couple of "oops" from your shop in the last year. Let's not throw stones in glass houses...

I think those are his shop projects and not customer's cars so more of experimenting than oops
Old 09-18-2007, 05:24 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by westpak
I think those are his shop projects and not customer's cars so more of experimenting than oops
Exactly, we dont "experiement" and make Frankenstein cars on customers cars.We try "NEW" stuff on our own car.Some of it works, some of it dont.
The copper headgaskets "would" have worked had we re-tourqed them properly, but we didnt.
The twin GT35 build is still in the works, just not using the Speed Force Racing kit as we planned.The fitment was near impossible, inless another shop would reccomend cutting into your frame to fit a turbo However, that was a shop project to be done in our spare time, which we dont have much of considering all or our builds are out of our shop, up and running..Ask Doug,Rome,Dave Z,Bo Marshall,Tony S to name a few recent ones..
Old 09-18-2007, 05:30 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Wow, this is turning into a train wreck.... FWIW, I'd give the PF crew a minute or two to finish up a couple of their cars before too much smack talk. IIRC, we've seen just about every vendor on this forum get into some heat over a car / build that didn't go quite as planned.

EDIT: Had to put smiley's in to make sure everyone knows I'm just joking around... No harm no fowl.
1) A minute or two to finish up a car is fine, but customers without their cars for six months and rebuilding their engines 2 time??WTF?
2)Copper head gaskets, we were warned about, we were the only vendor on here with the balzz to try em, and they didnt work..But it was on OUR shop car.So it doesnt matter.
3)GT35 is in the works, however not using an SFR kit like we were planning to do, were stil doing it full custom, with twin intake..Its in the works in our spare time, however we have been to busy making our customers cars run, so they can enjoy them for the past 6 months.
4)Never said the BC stroker kit was a BAD kit, those are YOUR words,not mine.I simply said it was more work than we were TOLD by their staff it would be.And it was a bit frustrating.But in the end we made 540whp after doing the 3" test pipes and exhaust, at a mere 10psi of boost..Oh and the customer has been enjoying that car since Mid June problem free.

I have a factual based comeback for everything you can retort to..
Old 09-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Zexy
Some douchebags never change!
I was thinking the same thing you know..PS, hows your car running?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:01 AM
TENGAI

Take it easy Julian. I'm not trying to start a fight, but I'd step back and let JT finish up before getting on his case. My only point is that EVERY vendor here has run into some sort of issue whether it be on a customer car or a shop car. Those with enough ***** to share their problems (as well as successes) have at times come out on top for taking care of business. Bad, good, or otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I have a good deal of respect for you and your shop as you're one of the only guys out there with enough sack to take a risk. I hold PF and JT in the same light as they are always looking for ways to take risks and do new things as well.

With regards to Chris and all of the potential customers on this forum... We all take risks by picking a particular shop to handle a build. The shop in turn takes a risk that things will go smoothly with the build/install/tune. Sometimes things go left instead of right and we end up here reading about it...

My point is that things don't always work out the way we hope, and that as a vendor I'd assume you knew the ins, outs, ups, and potential downs of a build. Simply put, **** happens... Instead of subtle bickering, words of encouragement are probably better suited. Just my humble

Last edited by TENGAI; 09-18-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:43 AM
taurran

Take it easy Julian. I'm not trying to start a fight, but I'd step back and let JT finish up before getting on his case. My only point is that EVERY vendor here has run into some sort of issue whether it be on a customer car or a shop car. Those with enough ***** to share their problems (as well as successes) have at times come out on top for taking care of business. Bad, good, or otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I have a good deal of respect for you and your shop as you're one of the only guys out there with enough sack to take a risk. I hold PF and JT in the same light as they are always looking for ways to take risks and do new things as well.

With regards to Chris and all of the potential customers on this forum... We all take risks by picking a particular shop to handle a build. The shop in turn takes a risk that things will go smoothly with the build/install/tune. Sometimes things go left instead of right and we end up here reading about it...

My point is that things don't always work out the way we hope, and that as a vendor I'd assume you knew the ins, outs, ups, and potential downs of a build. Simply put, **** happens... Instead of subtle bickering, words of encouragement are probably better suited. Just my humble
+1 (minus the part about respecting Julian or his shop)

As usual, instead of acting professional, Julian has his *** in the wind for all to see. At this point I think he believes he's "helping" Chris in some regards, but really, there are better ways to do this than to pretend to be on good terms with a vendor but bash them openly on a forum.

One thing I'd like to point out is that if a shop claims they NEVER have problems with any of their builds or projects, they are flat out lying. Unforseen problems are the name of the game when it comes to modifying cars to this extent. Any vendor on this forum that never seems to have issues is just good at keeping it quiet.

In the end, forum vendors should be held to a higher standard of professionalism than the average user of this forum. They should not be egging on arguments, or asking others to do it for them in a roundabout manner.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Zexy

I was thinking the same thing you know..PS, hows your car running?

My car is running fine. It's on the driveway
Old 09-18-2007, 07:47 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
settle down please people.
WASNT THIS SAID ALREADY SINCE IT WAS

/THREAD

Chris or Jeremy PM me if you want the thread reopened