Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The truth about maximumsportZs motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 PM
maximumsportZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
Chris.. we spoke earlier and i told you i would leave it alone.. but this dude keeps calling my name in every post.. and i am not even talking to him.. talk to your buddy
Like I said, just exit this thread, /unsubscribe. End of story.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:12 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Like I said, just exit this thread, /unsubscribe. End of story.
i see how it is.. its all good.. i'm out
Old 07-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone need a Vasectomy?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:15 PM
FrickU

Hey...**** happens man, but it takes a good person to go and fix it. Good luck with the problem.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jesus, just got done installing/tuning my EDFC Tein Mono flex, and the FI forums are coming to an end

Chris, good luck to you man, I feel your pain, I had similar issues with a past car (2 built motors and 3 transmissions in 3 months ) Anyways, I wish you the best in the future, please keep us updated-although I wouldnt be surprised if you didnt want to after all of this.

Jeremy-you are the man. If I lived in FL or was closer to you Id be a PF customer and be at the tracks with you every weekend. What you did and are doing for Chris is an honorable thing. Good luck solving the issue guys...
Old 07-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by taurran
Doug just doesn't like anyone, especially someone who owns a single turbo or supercharged car.
What about a Twincharged car?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 AM
zprincess

Chris and Jeremy s### happens. Often it is no one's fault it just happens. Jeremy you are a standup guy to put all that work and effort into Chris's car to try and fix the problem. Chris I feel you pain and wish you the best.

Good luck to you both.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:25 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Good job Jeremy.
You have a customer service business policy that will help your business flourish and endure.

----

To the fighters...
I am really sorry to see this thread. There are so many of you that I have known a long time through this board or know personally, so it makes it even more disappointing.

I know how these types of threads can take on a life of their own. Like a cyclone drawing you into ever increasing conflict. Defending yourself is the natural reaction but it is the defensive reaction that always ends up tarnishing you worse than any outside attack.

My best advice is to swallow your pride and just walk away from the thread.

In the future, (try to) resist responding to a hit... a like response to a mud sling will surely end up in exponentially greater damage.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:58 AM
chris'smax

Chris i really feel for you man. I have kinda been in your shoes before with my old car which took almost 7 months to complete a motorswap and SC setup (should have taken 2 weeks). If you are anything like me you are kicking yourself in the *** for spending all this money on the car (i know i was) but the reward will be worth the struggle once it is complete.

Jeremey i have to say that what you are doing for Chris is un-heard of in this industry (IMO). To rebuild a motor for free that you did not even assemble is going above the call of duty. Keeping up these kind of customer relatioins is what is going to bring you success bro. Hopefully you will be able to lay down some nasty #'s w/ Jason's car to quiet all the haters.

Hope some of you guys realize that most of these arguments on this board has led some of us (the consumers) to be pawns in these buisness quarells. Don't always buy into what is said about other shops barring evidence (except VRT ).
Old 07-11-2007, 05:10 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Most of us buy stuff the old fashion way.....WE PAY FOR THEM!

Amen. The problem I find with information on this and other forums is that many posters are being paid in one way or another to post in certain ways, the viral marketing thing. Very dishonest.

By the way, the other day I had a super headache and applied Headon directly to my forehead - worked like a charm.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott
By the way, the other day I had a super headache and applied Headon directly to my forehead - worked like a charm.
That $hit works?

<----not sure if your being sarcastic or not, cant imagine anybody using that stuff...
Old 07-11-2007, 06:09 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Exclamation BuiltZMotors- would like to clarify a few things

Originally Posted by TurboTim
A typical rule of thumb for main and rod bearing clearances is .0001" for every 1" .You can set your clearance for your specific needs ofcourse. How did they/you check your clearances? With plastic gauge or with a bore gauge and mic? Clearances are probably not the problem because it would have happened pretty much right away or at least on the dyno when eveerythng is nice and hot. Honestly,it sounds like an oil starvation issue.We had a customer who blew through six RB26 mtoors. He kept tossing rod bearings.We didnt build any of these mtoors.they were all stock motors.So finally we built him a motor and everything has been good for the last two years.We never figured out why he kept tossing the rod bearings though.

Hey guys,

I havent read the several pages of posts yet, but I'd like to address a few things here, being that this was an engine that we originally put together. For a high performance sleeved setup such as the engine in question, we run clearances that allow additional room for the oiling. so, for every inch of crank diameter, it is a known/accepted practice to run approx. .001 ( thousandth) oil clearance...and on a monster of an engine that will routinely see 18-20psi. and possibly nitrous, we will run slightly more clearance.

This particular engine was built with no more than .003 clearance on the rod bearings. If you check most aftermarket rods, the big end is always slightly larger than the oem big end to begin with, so, typically, even running the oem called for bearings in an aftermarket rod, this generally allows slightly lrger oil clearances.

We build all of our engines by checking clearances a few ways. All journals are checked with a dial bore gauge that reads .0001 accuracy, then double checked, then triple checked with plastigauge (least accurate- but serves as an additional checking process).

That being said, thanks fr posting the facts Jeremy, before either on of names was wrongfully tarnished. It takes years to build up a good reputation here and seconds to destroy it! You handled the situation very well, and since we are sharing the facts, I'll add how I handled my end.

Even though I was certain that this failure had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with our machining or assembly (especially since this engine ran flawlessly for over 1000miles, and then spun a rod bearing even after the second rebuild), I still sent out Jeremy another crankshaft and an entire set of bearings... this was above and beyond what I was required to do, but I did so to try to help the situation- as NONE of us want to see any of these projects go bad, but unfortunately there are several variables that can lead to an early engine demise.

I hope this hels clarify our role in this project.

-TODD
BuiltZMotors-

Last edited by 350zDCalb; 07-11-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:20 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
LOL!!!! I think it is funny the drama that ensues here. I just cant believe that it seems to be the same people all the time! Too funny....we can all get the popcorn out and watch cause this will continue to happen whether in this thread or another!

u are probably the last person that can say that considering what you just went through in the vrt thread
Old 07-11-2007, 06:39 AM
TENGAI

On a brighter note, I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico...
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Wow, I leave and come back to 3 pages of non-sense. This has turned into "everyone bashing on Craig" topic now.

Seriously can we just let it rest? doug, craig, jorge...? Like everything else we'll just start repeating things and run in circles.

I appreciate everyone's concern about my motor. The only thing I can do is look foward, lets all do the same please.

i dont think i have bashed Craig on this thread yet....
Fact is i get a long fine with Rome and Doug and I have a ST and i support turbonetics, i also do like twin turbos and superchargers but my preference is singles... tahts it...... i just understand the TN kit is not good for build motors(til stg2 comes out)...and i have had plenty of nice discussion on the forums and on AIM with Robert, and at least Robert has had no problem talking with me about other products that are not TN(even if he still thinks thisn the TN is jstu as good) i Have no problem with him... but some poeple are a lil too hard core and cant see "past their nose" that get pissed just at the suggestion of other products.

RE: the DRAMA

ahahha i dont think its that big of a deal... supraforums rx7 forums... they all have it... its part of the competition... makes for good reading... keeping all shops/vendors on the edge to come out with new produtcs and provide even better quality service and put more into reserach for the comunity in the end....IF this drama wasnt here on this forum it would be happening somewhere else, so its best to keep it here. People here read between the lines well and know when someone if full of it or not... but so what...everybody needs to lighten up and not take this drama as if the end of the world.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by TENGAI
On a brighter note, I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico...

did u just said that or did you really.... i actually called GEico and i wasnt happy with their rate..i am sticking with progressive.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:50 AM
clemlover15

good luck bro, this you are doing everything right customers will be happy
Old 07-11-2007, 07:09 AM
TENGAI

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
did u just said that or did you really.... i actually called GEico and i wasnt happy with their rate..i am sticking with progressive.
Just trying to break some of the tension around here without stating what everyone else has said... FWIW - I use USAA for my insurance needs
Old 07-11-2007, 07:42 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by TENGAI
Just trying to break some of the tension around here without stating what everyone else has said... FWIW - I use USAA for my insurance needs

thread hijack!!!!!!

hahaha i think its actually good this time...as you say to break some of the tension...LOL
Old 07-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Driven1
Professional

Jeremy, I commend you on your hard work and dedication to your customers and the platform in general. What you're doing for your customer is something that most people will never have the opportunity to experience as a customer in this industry in general unfortunately.

A stand up shop that actually cares for their customers and their cars is VERY hard to come by these days. Friends or not you're going above and beyond IMO.

MaximumsportZ I wish you the best of luck. With what has been stated and shown thus far you're in some good hands.

Quick Reply: The truth about maximumsportZs motor