Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance: 07 G35 Coupe ** Transformation from Bone Stock

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice work, damn those brakes look great I wish i could do them now too lol!

What order am I in on that list lol?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:30 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build Sharif. Very clean setup, except for those rear wheels, as has already been mentioned. I agree with the comments that the offset doesn't look right.

Judson has a lot more headroom (pun intended) if he decides to upgrade his stock heads.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:31 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
A Greddy intercooler and piping for it isnt too unique.

Let get the car done!

Ha ha - getting a little impatient? It'll be worth the wait man - I miss my car too... And we'll just see what you've got hiding up your sleeves there (besides a little extra piping here and there)
Old 08-08-2007, 04:34 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I love looking at that car, but the rims are bothering me.. is there anyway he can return them for a different set.. it reminds me of the old school corollas i see running around with +10 offset and half of the wheel is out of hte fender
Old 08-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doug
I love looking at that car, but the rims are bothering me.. is there anyway he can return them for a different set.. it reminds me of the old school corollas i see running around with +10 offset and half of the wheel is out of hte fender
You must have overlooked my response.
Unfortunately, this is what Mackin recommended. Originally, Judson was going to purchase the wheels from another vendor..same offsets. He ended up having us get them for him, since his car was here. I have already offered him a different offset at no cost if he wants them. I am running 305's on the rear, and my LE's 22 offset also has a stick out...doesnt bother me at all.
The angle of the shot makes it look much worse....and also the compression of the photo, since it 5MP when I took the shot. We sell maybe 3 sets of wheels a year...if that...so we are still learning, and also learning not to trust what the manufacturer says is the proper fitment.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
synth19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mackin always seems to steer ppl the wrong way. They also gave me some bad advice when I inquired about issues with my old volks. Mackin assumes everyone will be fine with super low offsets and stretched tires. That's what ppl do to get away with it. Not to mention cutting your fenders, slamming your car and running negative camber. THIS IS NOT THE SOLUTION FOR FI APPLICATIONS!!!

FI guys, if you're getting 10'5" rear wheels, please go with mid to high 20 offsets or low 30's.. you'll thank me later!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
bullseye

Originally Posted by booger
Very nice looking build . Im sure the owner is thrilled !

I agree, but are you Dr. Seuss? You're a poet and don't know it!

The last words of your sentences rhyme. Do you do that all the time?

Bullseye, out...
Old 08-08-2007, 04:47 PM
synth19

Don't ask them.... Ask us next time! Just be happy those wheels and tires arent on a 350z. At least the rear fenders of the G35 are slightly wider (more forgiving).

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
We sell maybe 3 sets of wheels a year...if that...so we are still learning, and also learning not to trust what the manufacturer says is the proper fitment.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by synth19
FI guys, if you're getting 10'5" rear wheels, please go with mid to high 20 offsets or low 30's.. you'll thank me later!
+1.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

You must have overlooked my response.
appologies... thats my skimming posts.. your shootout mode looks like bright lights in NYC .. hard to concentrate on the text
Old 08-08-2007, 04:51 PM
VIZAGE

The angle of the shot makes it look much worse....and also the compression of the photo, since it 5MP when I took the shot. We sell maybe 3 sets of wheels a year...if that...so we are still learning, and also learning not to trust what the manufacturer says is the proper fitment.
I agree with you Sharif. When I saw the pic of the car. I said to myself, It doesn't look like that in person. Cameras plays tricks all the time. For I spent some time looking at the wheels when I was there. There perfect IMO.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:02 PM
clemlover15

how was that clutch feeling??
Old 08-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by clemlover15
The Exedy carbon clutch was very smooth. The biggest difference I saw/heard, was the lack of noise at idle and low acceleration load. It didnt have the noise one would typically expect from this type of clutch. For a near OEM feel and sound, its a winner.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:45 PM
G35JCC

Thumbs up

Hey guys thanks for all the comments. I've had intentions of posting, just have been busy. Looks as if Sharif beat me to it. Sharif and his crew (Michael, Chris, Dylan, Devon and certainly can't forget Sharif's better half, Sandy) did a terrific job on the car. As Sharif mentioned I flew in kinda out-of-the-blue to drive my car home. Sharif's Dad, Mack, picked me up at the airport and chauffered me to the shop. I was totally amazed at all the cars that they were working on. His team is very professional, cordial, and certainly appeared to be enjoying what they were doing. The shop was tidy and buzzed of flying grease and the turning of wrenches. Then only problem with it was the a/c didn't work so well. I was very impressed with everything about the little shop in Marietta and could not be happier. Although it's really not that little. I can assure anyone that if they are looking for a good shop to work on their Z/G look no further than Forged Performance. Anyway, onto the car...

What can I say, its perfect. The twins produce awesome power that took a little bit to get use to. I left the following day from Marietta and drove strait through to Oklahoma. 936 miles and 13 1/2 hours. The temperature for the first 6 hours through Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi was about 100. I ran the s*^t out of the car and it never faultered. Also, the temperature gauge never moved, not even when I was stopped in traffic for what seemed like 15 minutes. Got lots of lookers at gas stations and a few had to ask what was under the hood. Hence the intercoolers. As for the tires-wheels, I thought they looked f*&cked from the pictures, after seeing them in person I definately like. Most likely won't change, at least not anytime soon. I know some don't like em , but they came with a free bowl of soup. Sharif offered me a way out, but no need. Besides, I have no tread left on the rear tires. I'd post pictures , but Sharif has me covered. I'll post more updates after I get more miles on the car. Thanks again Sharif and hope to see you at ZdayZ.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:48 PM
G35JCC

Originally Posted by clemlover15
The clutch is short and sweet. After spending the first day in stall-land I got the hang of it. A little firm, very smooth, very quiet and very expensive.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Nice build. I have the GT-S with the same offset they look good in person. However since I also went FI a differnt offset with wider tires may have been the way to go.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Nice build. I have the GT-S with the same offset they look good in person. However since I also went FI a differnt offset with wider tires may have been the way to go.

Wow, Sylvan Lake huh? I'm from Red Deer.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:30 AM
G35JCC

Originally Posted by Tubbs
Wow, Sylvan Lake huh? I'm from Red Deer.
I thought it was eh, not huh?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:46 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by G35JCC
Hey guys thanks for all the comments. I've had intentions of posting, just have been busy. Looks as if Sharif beat me to it. Sharif and his crew (Michael, Chris, Dylan, Devon and certainly can't forget Sharif's better half, Sandy) did a terrific job on the car. As Sharif mentioned I flew in kinda out-of-the-blue to drive my car home. Sharif's Dad, Mack, picked me up at the airport and chauffered me to the shop. I was totally amazed at all the cars that they were working on. His team is very professional, cordial, and certainly appeared to be enjoying what they were doing. The shop was tidy and buzzed of flying grease and the turning of wrenches. Then only problem with it was the a/c didn't work so well. I was very impressed with everything about the little shop in Marietta and could not be happier. Although it's really not that little. I can assure anyone that if they are looking for a good shop to work on their Z/G look no further than Forged Performance. Anyway, onto the car...

What can I say, its perfect. The twins produce awesome power that took a little bit to get use to. I left the following day from Marietta and drove strait through to Oklahoma. 936 miles and 13 1/2 hours. The temperature for the first 6 hours through Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi was about 100. I ran the s*^t out of the car and it never faultered. Also, the temperature gauge never moved, not even when I was stopped in traffic for what seemed like 15 minutes. Got lots of lookers at gas stations and a few had to ask what was under the hood. Hence the intercoolers. As for the tires-wheels, I thought they looked f*&cked from the pictures, after seeing them in person I definately like. Most likely won't change, at least not anytime soon. I know some don't like em , but they came with a free bowl of soup. Sharif offered me a way out, but no need. Besides, I have no tread left on the rear tires. I'd post pictures , but Sharif has me covered. I'll post more updates after I get more miles on the car. Thanks again Sharif and hope to see you at ZdayZ.
i was about to say... NEVER talk about the size of a man's shop! especially don't call a man's shop "little"... you're going to give sharif "shop envy"...

congrats on the build, doc... i kept laughing at the fact that the airbag / warning tags were still hanging from the seats...

are you serious about having burnt the tread off of your new tires?? and don't you have 295 series on the rear like me?
Old 08-09-2007, 06:05 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by stormcrow
i was about to say... NEVER talk about the size of a man's shop! especially don't call a man's shop "little"... you're going to give sharif "shop envy"...
I am very secure with my size. 6000sqft serves as well for now, with room to expand as needed.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: 07 G35 Coupe ** Transformation from Bone Stock