Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance: 07 G35 Coupe ** Transformation from Bone Stock

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Job Forged! Great power, clean install! I would need to agree with the offset comments, just looks funny...

You can get a lot of rubber with a little fender massaging on a G35 Coupe, here's my 18x11 with 315's...

Old 08-10-2007, 07:25 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharif and FP Crew....

Good work, very clean and professional as always... keep me posted on the next track event out there, I still want to make it out for a weekend getaway (even if you do put me to work a bit)

-TODD
Old 08-10-2007, 07:30 AM
synth19

That's because iforged does release their offsets. iforged knows their $hit as opposed to some random kid @ Mackin. You tell iforged what tires/car/bbk you have... and they will make sure the wheels you have are perfect. Your case is great example. Even though they haven't given you the offsets, I will assume it's probably around the low 30 range. What's your rear lip? About 3 inches?

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
It can be done. I've ordered a set of custom iForged 19x11 and 19x9.5 for my G and I will have 305/30's at the rear. I don't recall the offset, but it's supposed to clear the Stoptech 14" 4-piston rear brake setup (which I plan on getting down the road) and isn't supposed to stick out past the fenders. I will have to roll the rear fenders though.

P.S. Congratulations Judson. Glad to hear you are completely satisfied with the build. Enjoy!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
Day-yum!!! i didnt even think the 285's would fit. i rock the 275's on my volks with +23 offset. now that i have the tein flex and f&r camber kit, i might look into some wider rears when i buy new tires. did you roll the fenders at all?

rear fenders are rolled. I might go 305/30 next set of tires. Although it is getting pricey at these prices.... 2 x 265/35 and 2 x 295/30's PS2's was $1,700!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
And we are actually hiring, if you know anyone that is interested.
Any need for an all around IT guy?

Ill be visiting your shop on the 28th! how bout I bring my resume

Great build once again, props from north of the 48th.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:32 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Philthy
Nice Job Forged! Great power, clean install! I would need to agree with the offset comments, just looks funny...

You can get a lot of rubber with a little fender massaging on a G35 Coupe, here's my 18x11 with 315's...

That looks great - had no idea 315s could fit so well. How much are you lowered - did you have to raise up to get the 315s in - cut the inside fender at all? Or just roll?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:38 AM
TENGAI

Nice work Sharif. Very well executed - and I even like the rims
Old 08-10-2007, 12:59 PM
sandy@forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
Sharif and FP Crew....

Good work, very clean and professional as always... keep me posted on the next track event out there, I still want to make it out for a weekend getaway (even if you do put me to work a bit)

-TODD
Todd,

Come on down you're welcome anytime. This time we just got a new place so you can have your own bedroom
Old 08-10-2007, 01:10 PM
rcdash

Is that a BOV in this picture? If so, may I ask what kind (sorry if I missed this in the thread):

Old 08-10-2007, 01:13 PM
stormcrow

it's a GReddy Type RS...
Old 08-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by rcdash
Is that a BOV in this picture? If so, may I ask what kind (sorry if I missed this in the thread):

Yes, with the FCON or Haltech we run those systems in pure speed density mode, so the factory MAF signal is disregarded. This way, we can put the BOV anywhere we want.
The one pictured is a Greddy type RS.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:17 PM
rcdash

Thank you both. Based on my reading, my understanding is that boost stability is not so much an issue with the current setups and this is mostly for sound, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Based on this impression, I have not opted for any kind of BOV - so just making sure I'm not missing anything (other than the sound of course)...

EDIT: It does add a little more bling, eh? hmmmm And nice smiley...

Last edited by rcdash; 08-10-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:30 PM
stormcrow

Thank you both. Based on my reading, my understanding is that boost stability is not so much an issue with the current setups and this is mostly for sound, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Based on this impression, I have not opted for any kind of BOV - so just making sure I'm not missing anything (other than the sound of course)...

as i understand it, the BOV is not there soley for the sound factor... though, that is the best part of it, IMHO... *haha* the BOV is there to allow excess boost to bleed off quickly when releasing the throttle... having 18psi go into the motor without the appropriate amount of fuel can't be a good thing...
Old 08-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

You are correct. BOV's whether the recirc variety, or external vent, both serve the same purpose.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:33 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by stormcrow
as i understand it, the BOV is not there soley for the sound factor... though, that is the best part of it, IMHO... *haha* the BOV is there to allow excess boost to bleed off quickly when releasing the throttle... having 18psi go into the motor without the appropriate amount of fuel can't be a good thing...

Yikes! Boost spike is ok, but the MAP will adjust and insert fuel. Built motor shouldn't be an issue, I think. It still should not lean out...

EDIT: and that's right the kit comes stock w/ the recirc BOV - phew

So question here since you guys have experienced with the turbo'd cars. If you did get a boost spike (say up to the BOV limit or the BOV broken or whatever) - and you were shifting, would the engine rpms momentarily spike up? I'm thinking that since the boost spike is caused from a pressure wave moving from the slowing pistons back into the manifold, the MAP sensor would see a momentary increase (i.e. boost spike), fuel would be injected and you'd have a momentary power boost which would then result in an increase rather than decrease in rpms even though you're letting off the throttle - is that what really happens? Or do you just see this boost spike on the gauge and the car behaves the same? Maybe only one way to test this - disable your BOV and report back - lol! j/k - i can forego academic curiosity to spare an engine (particularly if it's mine!).

Last edited by rcdash; 08-10-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:58 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like your G man. Heard it at Forged and it sounds mean. What is the offset on those and offset and width of the fronts?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I think we confusing the BOV with the Wastegate. The BOV does not cause or contribute to a boost spike, so no worries.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:20 PM
abyss

I freakin love your car.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:47 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I think we confusing the BOV with the Wastegate. The BOV does not cause or contribute to a boost spike, so no worries.
what he said...

what i was referring to is the charge that is going into the motor from the turbos... the BOV is engaged under a vacuum unlike the wastegates which are engaged when a certain PSI is reached... the BOV will allow the charge going into the intake to be bled off when a vacuum situation is encountered...such as when you let off of the throttle... sorry if i confused you, rcdash...
Old 08-10-2007, 05:02 PM
rcdash

got it - thx - squared away now!

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: 07 G35 Coupe ** Transformation from Bone Stock