Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 AM
athenG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cube
The way it's lookin I might hit 5-7k miles on the built motor before it gets FI

I'll try and find out more info on it today.

I feel bad for you, I notice that Vernon do respond quicker via Email. I think you do have Rick's email so you can go sent him a RANT Email PM me your name and the date you purchased it and I'll see if I can get some answer for you. Rick doesn't get involve in sales coz he's in charge of the R&D, I do have Bill's (National Sales Manager) but I never dealt with him except just being CC'd.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:12 PM
aarantes

Well I stopped by Forged today and all I have to say is WOW!

1st off the brackets on the intercooler had to be replaced because they didnt reach.

2nd a couple of lines were missing I think fuel line was one of them but dont quote me on that.

3rd all the bolts were to small for teh holes drilled so washers had to be used.

4th the bracket for the intake doesnt do **** and an extra one has to be made so it doesnt keep hitting another pipe.

5th the wrong spark plugs were sent to me!

I will have a complete list of everything that was missing on tuesday when the car is done.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Cube

Oh gay... I'm having BIG TIME buyer's remorse, thanks for sharing your experience (so far) aarantes. I think I'm going to see if they're gonna charge me a restocking fee for something they haven't even boxed together yet...
Old 09-22-2007, 05:38 PM
DanielW
Banned

so your backing out of the sts kit cube?
Old 09-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aarantes
Well I stopped by Forged today and all I have to say is WOW!

1st off the brackets on the intercooler had to be replaced because they didnt reach.

2nd a couple of lines were missing I think fuel line was one of them but dont quote me on that.

3rd all the bolts were to small for teh holes drilled so washers had to be used.

4th the bracket for the intake doesnt do **** and an extra one has to be made so it doesnt keep hitting another pipe.

5th the wrong spark plugs were sent to me!

I will have a complete list of everything that was missing on tuesday when the car is done.

When will your car be done??? Any numbers yet bro??
Old 09-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Cube

Originally Posted by danielwebb
so your backing out of the sts kit cube?
If STS understands how disappointed I am with their service and doesn't give me BS on a restocking fee for something they haven't even boxed up yet, then yeah that's what it looks like. After hearing aarantes' fitment issues and poor order fulfillment, I'm having major doubts.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Sub zero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should call them up and if they don't provide you with a tracking number well you got to do what you got to do
Old 09-23-2007, 06:39 PM
aarantes

That is if they pick up there phone everytime I called I got an answering machining except for when I called to pay for it. My main thing is I am not one of the tester cars so the kit should not come like it did and should not have all the problems it does. I mean Sharif said it should be done in 3 or 4 days but since he had to custom so much stuff and go get so many pieces its going to take him 7 days.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:40 AM
DanielW
Banned

Sorry to hear your having problems man. I think if STS wants to be a legitamte option for people going FI with the Z they're going to have to tighten up because I think most of their business is going to come from these boards and word of trouble gets around like paris hilton
Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 AM
goosegoose

Updates?
Did anyone successfully follow up with STS to express dissatisfaction?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:18 AM
athenG

Good you reminded me about support, I was missing one of the silicone so Julian has to use one of his so now I'm so embarrass to open my hood. Let me see if how many months it will take to get it or if they will charge me $80 for shipping.

Thanks again for giving me a copy of the STS Manual coz Vernon was charging me $20 for it plus shipping.

Look at the blue and black silicone
Name:  IMG_1458.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  90.7 KB

oh here's my new bumper

Name:  STSIC1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  35.6 KB
Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

They are falling off my radar. But Ironically I got a call back after about 3 days of leaving an email about being a test vehicle...hmm dont look good for them. I cant believe shops dont take care of the ones on the boards at the minimum. Word of mouth is always the best form of advertising. Hell 100% of my mods came from research here and from friends here.

Sucks, man this was the only turbo that i was looking at...looks like Stillen SC like I originally thought.

Car looks sick man! (AthenG)

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 09-25-2007 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:03 AM
athenG

/\ who did you call? I sent Vernon an email regarding my missing silicone and he responded on my email within 2 mins. Most of the bad review I'm getting are from their SE District.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 AM
goosegoose

Originally Posted by athenG
Good you reminded me about support, I was missing one of the silicone so Julian has to use one of his so now I'm so embarrass to open my hood. Let me see if how many months it will take to get it or if they will charge me $80 for shipping.

Thanks again for giving me a copy of the STS Manual coz Vernon was charging me $20 for it plus shipping.

Look at the blue and black silicone

oh here's my new bumper
Do you want a new blue silicone piece?
I think I have like... 4 extra.
I THINK.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:00 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by goosegoose
Do you want a new blue silicone piece?
I think I have like... 4 extra.
I THINK.

Sure, can you check for me if it is the right size I need? If it is then I can pick it.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Cube

Ok these guys are complete douchebags. I told him that since it's taking so long (still not ready to ship out) that I'm having second thoughts. He told me there would be a credit card processing fee and a restock fee on something that hasn't even left their warehouse, that isn't even a full kit right now. He (Chris) then said if I want to get technical about it that I would get a restock fee on the kit minus the turbo. "This is an industry standard."

I told him how even when I was transferred to the accountant that the phone just rang and rang and nobody picked up when I was wanting my refund on the $400 upgrade that I decided not to go with.

How can they charge a restock fee on a kit that's not even ready to be shipped let alone left their warehouse? The restock fee he wants to charge minus the turbo would come out to $749.

I kept tellin him how he never told me there were no turbos in stock. He's using this excuse that Garrett is short on the housings and it's taking a while for them to get a shipment from Garrett. I asked if that was my fault and if I should have known that to begin with, he said no but it's not their fault either they have no idea when these things happen and when they'll get new ones. He said they might get 'em in at the end of the week.

What should I do?

I missed my opportunity to get it installed and tuned over in Chicago @ AMS, and now will have to wait until February.

If worse comes to worse, I'll just sell the kit brand new here. I shouldn't take too much of a loss considering the price.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:51 PM
athenG

Call your credit card coz they are not supposed to bill you until the product is shipped, second you are not ordering something custom made so this is not a special order. Get you credit card to reverse the transaction.

Sorry for your trouble and hope you get this resolved.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Cube

Call your credit card coz they are not supposed to bill you until the product is shipped, second you are not ordering something custom made so this is not a special order. Get you credit card to reverse the transaction.

Sorry for your trouble and hope you get this resolved.
I can't really dispute since he's willing to refund minus like $1,000...
Old 09-25-2007, 03:25 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by Cube
I can't really dispute since he's willing to refund minus like $1,000...

but he charged you for something he doesn't have or haven't shipped for weeks now and you havn't recieved anything.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:24 PM
TegraRacer134

Wow I would be embarassed that Julian didnt take the 30 minutes to relocate your power steering cooler to the fender. That looks like *** with it sitting in front of your intercooler.

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread