Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

500hp vortech VQ.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:03 PM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by booger
+100 on that one . The Mag. plain sucks ! Girl friend picked it up at the story for me . Stuck at home with my broken ankle !!!!!
Pretty much all the mags are the same since 90% of them are owned by the same company. It's all about who puts the cash down.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Sea Bass

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Pretty much all the mags are the same since 90% of them are owned by the same company. It's all about who puts the cash down.
I disagree. Super Street is under the same umbrella as Sport Compact Car, but the scope, writing and level of maturity in SCC actually makes it readable.

Import Tuner, has very little useful content, but it has the prettiest damn photography of the bunch. Still manages to eke out its own style.

Now, Modified, which isn't linked to the others, is also pure garbage but for different reasons. Their writing style is canned, and the first half of their articles sound like ad type for the car they are covering, the editor or publisher always like to write a piece at the front about how their mag is always "revolutionizing the industry" or about how they are "still number one" or "ahead of the game" or some other such self-serving crap. I refuse to have that one or SS in the house.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:33 PM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by Z Phil
I disagree. Super Street is under the same umbrella as Sport Compact Car, but the scope, writing and level of maturity in SCC actually makes it readable.

Import Tuner, has very little useful content, but it has the prettiest damn photography of the bunch. Still manages to eke out its own style.

Now, Modified, which isn't linked to the others, is also pure garbage but for different reasons. Their writing style is canned, and the first half of their articles sound like ad type for the car they are covering, the editor or publisher always like to write a piece at the front about how their mag is always "revolutionizing the industry" or about how they are "still number one" or "ahead of the game" or some other such self-serving crap. I refuse to have that one or SS in the house.
If you subscribe to all these mags like I do, you will notice that the content is duplicated quite a bit.

I was not commenting on writing styles as most of the time that has no bearing as to whether the topics they write about are in fact true or something propagandized by the sponsors.

It would be nice if there were something like Consumer Reports for import cars where you could get the facts and not a lot of BS manufacturer claims or stuff that's been paid to be put in.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Sea Bass

Originally Posted by THE TECH
If you subscribe to all these mags like I do, you will notice that the content is duplicated quite a bit.

I was not commenting on writing styles as most of the time that has no bearing as to whether the topics they write about are in fact true or something propagandized by the sponsors.

It would be nice if there were something like Consumer Reports for import cars where you could get the facts and not a lot of BS manufacturer claims or stuff that's been paid to be put in.
I subscribe to SCC and IT, and will flip through SS sometimes in a store to jock some cars and various chicks

I've never seen an article duplicated from one of these to the next. I HAVE seen this occur though between SCC and Honda Tuning.

Now, if you're just referring to the cars themselves, or the events they cover, well yes, that's certainly true. But the same could be said for all magazines of a given subject, really.

I hear you on the "no b.s." wishlist. Although not perfect, I think SCC does the best job at this though. It seems the BS is kept to the "buyers' guide" (re: a chance for free advertising for the vendors) and to the promos they openly admit are manufacturer type in the front. The articles themselves seem pretty good at calling a spade a spade.

Damn, looks like I DID threadjack. My bad.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:35 PM
powermark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was talking to hubert young, the driver of the car, at sonoma the other weekend and he said it does make 500hp, and hes still not use to the TQ difference from running an SR all these years. i have some pics of it on my site.

www.floridaracing.org
Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Zilvia

Actually Modified/ Primedia, has bought out Super Street. so now the best and the worst are under one house hold.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Sea Bass

Originally Posted by Zilvia
Actually Modified/ Primedia, has bought out Super Street. so now the best and the worst are under one house hold.
You mean Primedia bought Modified. Primedia already was the publisher for SCC/IT/SS/HT.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MAKE room
V mount radiator much?
Intresting... wish I would have though of that lol!!

By the time I have my blower modified it will surpass the T-trim in power capabilities and I will be able to turn the blower with my belt setup gaurenteed.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:44 AM
booger

Originally Posted by Quamen
Intresting... wish I would have though of that lol!!

By the time I have my blower modified it will surpass the T-trim in power capabilities and I will be able to turn the blower with my belt setup gaurenteed.
Cant remember......did you say you were going to a cog belt or staying with a serp belt ? Either way , running the blower close to the crank with a short belt will help greatly !!!
Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

8-rib serpentine belt. Very short belt (but not close enough that it will over heat the belt).
Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Zilvia

You mean Primedia bought Modified. Primedia already was the publisher for SCC/IT/SS/HT.

okay its flipped flopped. Primedia sold Super Street to modified..........my fault guys.

Last edited by Zilvia; 08-24-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:45 PM
powermark

how would that work, primedia owns SS and modified