Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ForgedPerformace Greddy TT / JWT 850BB comparison Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 02:24 PM
diwun67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
You and your man love in jail thoughts...
Old 08-29-2007, 02:29 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Luie your car is def a badass car but bert is gonna walk you like a you had a srt4 neon.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:36 PM
abyss

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Luie your car is def a badass car but bert is gonna walk you like a you had a srt4 neon.
Harsh
Old 08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

daaaaaayum.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 PM
blazefast

NP berto

Clearly, my friends were impressed haha.

I think my friend MikeO in the white STi and I would like to come photograph and watch this spectacle so if you wouldn't mind PMing the location
Old 08-29-2007, 02:49 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Ha - you watch Luie close that gap in 5th gear. By my "calculations" (don't know what their redlines are) Luie will have a 20 "hp" advantage after Alberto shifts into 5th gear. He'll keep that advantage from I'm assuming around 120 mph on through to 155 mph. If they race to 150+, Luie's got a strong chance of pulling ahead. If they race to 125, Luie's toast, as Alberto should have his "last biggest" lead right before he (Alberto) shifts into 5th (Luie will already be in 5th and losing ground till Alberto shifts).

EDIT: Alberto's final drive ratio drop is not a bad thing at all for drag racing because it allows him to stay in a lower gear longer. He makes up the 6% less *same gear* power because during the shifts he gains over a 50% advantage in power for the extra time before he has to shift. It's one of the reasons Sharif that I don't want to go to 3.54 (though this is better for the road course, so I'm ambivalent).

Last edited by rcdash; 08-29-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:54 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

No need to nuthug!

Well if he dont! Its going to be sad that I beat him with my 12psi low boost on his 13psi low boost, and if I beat him with my Mid boost 15psi, I just cant imagine High boost @20psi. Regardless after this its getting the Cosworth and Meth @ low and mid boost, and meth on race gas on high! He better hopes he wins cuz it only going to get harder. We need to worry about Joe!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by abyss
Harsh
I am not trying to be harsh at all,just trying to get some **** talking started.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Microphallus

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
There's worse things as far as punishment is concerned.

Tony (will not say)
What is with you always talking in the third person?
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
rhythmnsmoke

Checking in.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation My Miss Cleo prediction...

Originally Posted by rcdash
Ha - you watch Luie close that gap in 5th gear. By my "calculations" (don't know what their redlines are) Luie will have a 20 "hp" advantage after Alberto shifts into 5th gear. He'll keep that advantage from I'm assuming around 120 mph on through to 155 mph. If they race to 150+, Luie's got a strong chance of pulling ahead. If they race to 125, Luie's toast, as Alberto should have his "last biggest" lead right before he (Alberto) shifts into 5th (Luie will already be in 5th and losing ground till Alberto shifts).
Damn this is bench racing to the extreme LOL-at least we will race unlike other posts.

This is how I see it....

We both hit it from 3rd, I'll give Luie the benefit of the doubt we are dead even.

At his 3-4 shift at around 90mph I am in the GOODNESS of my 3rd, he falls some (how much who knows?) on his shift, and then needs to rebuild boost in 4th. As he is doing that I am shifting into 4th, I dont lag at all or fall behind, I know this from races with Joe/Sharif and Emffer's old car (fastest Z Ive raced to date!) I ran. Now we are both in 4th gear I see myself ahead still...

Luie shifts to 5th at 120 or so mph, I am still in the goodness of 4th, he falls again...

NOW-this is where it gets interesting in my head, 5th is my worst gear to hit its problematic and locks me out at times-ask anybody who saw us run at Z day Z. IF I hit a clean 5th I lose slight ground, he is possibly now not pulling but STOPPING my pull-give him the benefit of the doubt he is creeping back.

He hits 6th at 142mph or so, I stay in 5th (remember 1:1 gear) to limiter IF I wind it out, I never go past my strong 5th and at the point where he shifts to 6th his pull/run has stopped, not enough...thats my vision-flame away for bench racing

Last edited by Alberto; 08-29-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:59 PM
rcdash

Yeah Luie you the underdog no question with this scenario - but go get him in 5th! Have fun guys...

EDIT: Jeez Alberto you're still in 4th at 120 - should be nearing redline, no? I calculate your redline at 127 at 7000 rpms. Maybe wheel diameter or something is off.... But you're right - it'll come down to 5th gear. I also calculated he should hit redline in 5th at 154 mph (with a 26.1 inch wheel diameter, which is what i have - not sure what you guys have).

This is the calculator I used: http://www.et-studios.com/motorsports/gears/gears.html (way too lazy to do this by hand )

Last edited by rcdash; 08-29-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
No need to nuthug!

Well if he dont! Its going to be sad that I beat him with my 12psi low boost on his 13psi low boost, and if I beat him with my Mid boost 15psi, I just cant imagine High boost @20psi. Regardless after this its getting the Cosworth and Meth @ low and mid boost, and meth on race gas on high! He better hopes he wins cuz it only going to get harder. We need to worry about Joe!
Luie Keith is no nuthugger once you meet him you will understand his posts better. Im picking up that your offended by what I bolded-you know me man, its all good. It dfoesnt matter if my low is 14 12, or 15psi, we both run low for low, mid for mid and one day again at high vs high, at the end of the day if you lose in low will you sleep better cuz I used 1 more psi? I doubt it....no worries man, the point of this thread/race is to have fun, share opinions, BS, and talk some crap
Old 08-29-2007, 03:02 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
No need to nuthug!

Luie im just fnnn with you man,i cant wait to see this one go off.But i hate to say this i am with my man bert on this one.Good luck.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Yeah Luie you the underdog no question with this scenario - but go get him in 5th!
Forget dyno numbers they dont mean $Hit, all about area under peak and driving. With him being a relatively custom set-up and "better" gearing and me just using a plain jain Greddy kit Id say its fair, I also dont have headwork or an FCON-I dont see Luie as an underdog at all, he also has run 11's unlike 95% of built TT owners!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
abyss

I think this is gonna be some photo finish races. Someone needs to go get a longnose bodykit installed before weekend.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:05 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Yeah Luie you the underdog no question with this scenario - but go get him in 5th!

This is so cool!
Anyone else??
Old 08-29-2007, 03:08 PM
rcdash

Forget dyno numbers they dont mean $Hit, all about area under peak and driving. With him being a relatively custom set-up and "better" gearing and me just using a plain jain Greddy kit Id say its fair, I also dont have headwork or an FCON-I dont see Luie as an underdog at all, he also has run 11's unlike 95% of built TT owners!
Well someone's gotta be the underdog and you've had your setup longer... so yep Luie's gotta be it. All in good fun . Just be safe and don't break those beautiful cars.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:08 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Luie Keith is no nuthugger once you meet him you will understand his posts better. Im picking up that your offended by what I bolded-you know me man, its all good. It dfoesnt matter if my low is 14 12, or 15psi, we both run low for low, mid for mid and one day again at high vs high, at the end of the day if you lose in low will you sleep better cuz I used 1 more psi? I doubt it....no worries man, the point of this thread/race is to have fun, share opinions, BS, and talk some crap

Bro absoultley!
You know us, very competetive.
All is good, and +1 race for fun, share opinions ect..
Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Drinks on me after regardless Lets make it interesting, 1 shot for the loser for every car he gets yanked!

Quick Reply: ForgedPerformace Greddy TT / JWT 850BB comparison Test