Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The drag race the entire community has been waiting for!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:46 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
He'll reach critical and explode with fury, anger and rage like we have never seen! We will have our old Julian back soon.

@ the image
Old 09-07-2007, 10:21 AM
DanielW
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
I think sponsors are funnier when they take the low road.
duly noted
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 AM
VitViper

This thread delivers.

Now where's my pizza...
Old 09-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Reality350

These last few pages were great! keep up the ball busting
Old 09-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Integrity
Banned

You guys are f'king hilarious.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

julian and myself are the kind of guys who punch each other in the arm and laugh all day. dont take anything either of us say to each other seriously...

we joke , not serious at all...

Who wants some of my Twin GT35Rs??

they will be here thursday...
Old 09-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
julian and myself are the kind of guys who punch each other in the arm and laugh all day. dont take anything either of us say to each other seriously...

we joke , not serious at all...

Who wants some of my Twin GT35Rs??

they will be here thursday...

Jeremy even lets me make sexy time with his wife when Im in town..
In all seriousness, my goal is to loose 10-15lbs by the 21st an work my shifter arm and leg for opotimal results, so i may thrash alberto..
Old 09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Jeremy even lets me make sexy time with his wife when Im in town..
In all seriousness, my goal is to loose 10-15lbs by the 21st an work my shifter arm and leg for opotimal results, so i may thrash alberto..

if i was only married and my wife liked to be crushed with some overweight police man, then you would be correct...

you can only dream though
Old 09-07-2007, 09:34 PM
98intrigue

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
im telling you, if we went on pinks, (which still is very possible with the contact i have) i would get in your car at the end, rev it up to 6900 or whatever your rev limiter is at, drop the gay *** clutch, turn right , run it into the wall and throw you your keys back....

i dont need some slow *** gay colored orange Z, you could have it back...
Best post on my350! I laughed my *** off!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, decided to go test the new set-up. New suspension, alignment, DSS Level 5 axles and slicks that are 1" narrower, but 1" taller.

Only got 2 runs and the outer CV joint is toast. Car is ALL over the track its scary. I think its a combination of the stiff a$$ springs 14k/14k, and taller sidewall. I dont know what Im gonna do with my tire situation. I dont like the wobble with this power level and radial front, bias ply rear tires. I need bias ply fronts (need wheels made) or radial rear tires (thing is none available in 27" from Nitto, BFG, MT, Goodyear!), and I would also need to buywheels, damnit I just bought these slicks.

Dont ask me what I ran it sucked, or what I trapped I wont share, but I will say this-and the video I'll post tomorrow will show this---> First run I trapped higher than Luie in the 1/8 (copmpared to his recent low boost run)letting off a few times, and second run I trapped higher than Luie down the 1/4 with a slower 1/8 trap than my first run also letting off like crazy! Car has serious potential in low boost (cant wait to get 1 clean run), now that I have a much better idea Im happy-even though my car cant stay in 1 piece. At least the tranny is good Suggestions? All are welcome, I need to act fast for the track day.

Last edited by Alberto; 09-07-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

**** Berto... U cannot lose!!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

If I dont figure out a tire situation Im not running my car at the track day. You get 100% of me/my car or none-still 2 weeks away, lets not jump to conclusions

Jeremy, Julian, anybody suggestions are welcome for keeping this car straight down the track. Im regretting this suspension man, the car at WOT will just start moving lanes...wait till you see the vid.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:33 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by Alberto
If I dont figure out a tire situation Im not running my car at the track day. You get 100% of me/my car or none-still 2 weeks away, lets not jump to conclusions

Jeremy, Julian, anybody suggestions are welcome for keeping this car straight down the track. Im regretting this suspension man, the car at WOT will just start moving lanes...wait till you see the vid.
Going full soft on the rear dampener and full stiff on the front? My Tein flex with that setting will allow plenty of squat to the rear on launches, but they're 12k/12k unlike your mono flex.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by VitViper
Going full soft on the rear dampener and full stiff on the front? My Tein flex with that setting will allow plenty of squat to the rear on launches, but they're 12k/12k unlike your mono flex.
I tried full soft, and stiffer in front, soft in rear-didnt help. Its not the launch/squat Im worried about, its the serious wobble I have at WOT and right after gear shifts-I never had issues with TN going 116mph...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:39 PM
VitViper

I tried full soft, and stiffer in front, soft in rear-didnt help. Its not the launch/squat Im worried about, its the serious wobble I have at WOT and right after gear shifts-I never had issues with TN going 116mph...
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I've never raced on slicks, just seen a few cars almost go into the wall after leaving the line. Slicks killing your stability? Sounds scary

edit: I want to see that vid!

Last edited by VitViper; 09-07-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:16 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Hey Bert I know this not a com[arison, but I once had the wobbles you are talking about on a really cold day with my DR. I am sure it was not as extream as your set up but what I felt was the car just drifting to the right or left of the track, kinda like it was floating. You have PM.
It's a good thing you took it to the track and found out what your car is capable of.

Luie
You have PM
Old 09-08-2007, 05:31 AM
jksstar

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I need bias ply fronts (need wheels made) or radial rear tires (thing is none available in 27" from Nitto, BFG, MT, Goodyear!), and I would also need to buywheels, damnit I just bought these slicks.

what size rims are you using and what tires do you have on back now?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:32 AM
one350zfan

Alberto, whats your rear camber?

I have the toe bolts and camber arms. In theory, if you go to 0 degree you'll have a better contact patch. However, IMO, I think it hurts steering correction. With my old 245/60 DR's (not a true radial) I would go sideways sometimes from the 2nd to 3rd gear shift.

If your front tires are substantially wider than the rears the car has got to act funny. Basically, the front tires are acting like ski's and if you move the wheel at all during shifts than its going to whip the back out.

I now go with a 275/60/15 ET street radial and don't experience wobble.

I would:

a. Do what you said and get wider true drag radial
b. Maybe run stock 17's on the front of something more narrow
c. Work on spring rate and go to negative camber if your not already... Its got to help with steering correction.

Last edited by one350zfan; 09-08-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:35 AM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Hey Bert I know this not a com[arison, but I once had the wobbles you are talking about on a really cold day with my DR. I am sure it was not as extream as your set up but what I felt was the car just drifting to the right or left of the track, kinda like it was floating. You have PM.
It's a good thing you took it to the track and found out what your car is capable of.

Luie
You have PM
When you were floating did you stay in it or let up?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:37 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Well, decided to go test the new set-up. New suspension, alignment, DSS Level 5 axles and slicks that are 1" narrower, but 1" taller.

Only got 2 runs and the outer CV joint is toast. Car is ALL over the track its scary. I think its a combination of the stiff a$$ springs 14k/14k, and taller sidewall. I dont know what Im gonna do with my tire situation. I dont like the wobble with this power level and radial front, bias ply rear tires. I need bias ply fronts (need wheels made) or radial rear tires (thing is none available in 27" from Nitto, BFG, MT, Goodyear!), and I would also need to buywheels, damnit I just bought these slicks.

Dont ask me what I ran it sucked, or what I trapped I wont share, but I will say this-and the video I'll post tomorrow will show this---> First run I trapped higher than Luie in the 1/8 (copmpared to his recent low boost run)letting off a few times, and second run I trapped higher than Luie down the 1/4 with a slower 1/8 trap than my first run also letting off like crazy! Car has serious potential in low boost (cant wait to get 1 clean run), now that I have a much better idea Im happy-even though my car cant stay in 1 piece. At least the tranny is good Suggestions? All are welcome, I need to act fast for the track day.

14k is a bit stiff so you will have to play with your edfc to get the setting you like, changin tires..try borrowing wheels, tires..otherwise... does Teain offer softer springs that u can use with your setup? lik ea 12kgF 10KgR or something?.. i dunno but after so much hype to the race you cannot back out thats the thing...

the post by one350zfan seems to touch tire sizing point well..about widths and what you can try. 245F 275R or 255 F 285 R so youd have to find a radial in that range. Can you borrow rims from a a friend? or anybody elses thats going to the race also?

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 09-08-2007 at 05:42 AM.

Quick Reply: The drag race the entire community has been waiting for!!