Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The drag race the entire community has been waiting for!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:41 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Thats not a race...IMHO, A race is heads up, first one across the line wins..
Either way is fine with me ... so that means a red light is a DQ?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:46 AM
coachk
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought this was going to be a drag race and not a E.T race. If you get caught sleeping at the line then you should find another hobbie. Alot of guys think these are supposed to be the best drag racers, so guess what reaction time is part of drag racing.I don't care what kinds of times they run, if they get caught sleeping at the line the other guy should win.Reaction time in this case should be the difference in these two, unless one of them have big top end power and drive around the other one. Please don't make this a "well I lost but I had a better E.t and trap speed " type of drag race.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they're counting reaction time, are they both going to be running electronics...? I would be, lol...
Old 09-06-2007, 08:29 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thats not a race...IMHO, A race is heads up, first one across the line wins..
Of course the racers will decide, but I agree. That’s the fun of all-350Z racing. 350Z lines up with a 350Z. Although I race every weekend, I seldom see another 350Z much less race with one.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think if Julian had run faster than his 11.3 @ 124mph he would have been the first to post about his times, who doesnt like to "brag" about accomplishments. I realize his car is not slow, and Im SURE its faster than when he ran his PB known to the forums. I really think people are playing this up too much, as he will likely run me in a drag car, and to me that doesnt matter as much as what he would do in his street car-Julian, put another tranny in it and lets do it! At the end of the day the way I see it, its me vs a shop. My set-up hasnt changed in over 1 year since I picked it up from Forged (same boost, power, tune, nothing has been added for performance, I dont even have a race gas map), he has MANY more resources. I think Julian SHOULD win...
Old 09-06-2007, 08:59 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Well if that is the case. Then if Julian does lose......Well.....
Old 09-06-2007, 08:59 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Yep!
I think Julian better win. Its a shop vs a little Latino kid
Its all on Julain!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

LOL Luie...
Old 09-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Alberto, weren't you the one telling me not to ask Julian to run street tires when we raced just because I was on street tires?

Originally Posted by Alberto
Dont be foolish and ask him to run a tire not set-up for drag racing just because you choose to do so.
Now your telling him what trans to run...? LMAO Run what you brung...
Old 09-06-2007, 09:06 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Either way..... I will have a big on my face

Maybe we will have to place some friendly bets at the track .......

Todd
Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Philthy
Alberto, weren't you the one telling me not to ask Julian to run street tires when we raced just because I was on street tires?

Now your telling him what trans to run...? LMAO Run what you brung...
No...(edit)Philthy, your race vs Julian was played up as a run what you brung, you knew he was bringing his orange Z, thats fair IMO. I even exchanged PM's with Julian telling him this was only gonna be close if he ran that car against me. Otherwise this whole thread and us racing is pointless.

I am simply stating AGAIN what I said in my first post. My skill level means nothing, if Im racing a DRAG CAR that a shop built. We want to play up a race that is all good, but lets compare apples to apples. Street car for street car, is it that hard to understand?

Who in their right mind would think I have a shot at on PUMP gas no less against a car with a TH400 (pulling this out of my **** btw), gutted, etc, etc...to me that is no fun. That proves nothing. Whereas if we both race on pump gas and he beats me that says a lot dont you think?

Last edited by Alberto; 09-06-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Gooey

I have $10 on alberto...
Old 09-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

OT-thanks Gooey for those axles man, they came in today and look good Anybody needs axles, tranny's, anything PM Gooey....
Old 09-06-2007, 09:24 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Thumbs up

OT-thanks Gooey for those axles man, they came in today and look good Anybody needs axles, tranny's, anything PM Gooey....
+1

Gooey ( Jon ) is a real good guy. If anyone needs anything OEM he is the guy to goto.

Thanks again for the gears Jon . I hope to have the car back tonight.

Todd

Edit--- Oh, and thanks for letting me take your 07 for a quick spin. Much appreciated!

Last edited by ACEMAN; 09-06-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:28 AM
coachk
Banned

Why does everyone have me trapping only 124-126?Do you guys think my car make weak sauce power?? When i raced Philthy I was making 580DD on a compromised copper head gasket, and not even shifting into 5th gear, but coasting through the traps I went 11.7 @125 getting out of it..I think alot of people are in for a surprise if it comes to underestimating me..Remember, you have only seen the timeslips I have "wanted" you to see
Julian..is this the car your going to run(same one you raced Phil with) and if so is this a shop car or your own Z.....
Old 09-06-2007, 09:31 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

OK This thread read " The drag race the entire community has been waiting for!! " Well I am going to put all those rumors that Julain is bringing a drag car to this meet to an end. I dont think Julian will go out like that. I am sure he will bring a well balenced full weight car to race Alberto. Example.... Like my car when I race Bert. plus or minus a couple Hp from each other. To call out someone and have a much diffrent platform is not cool and pointless. I am sure MRC will do it right and bring a street car to race Bert (not gutted drag car). If they do bring a full up drag car then, the calling out wasnt really called for. In the end I think they will bring a real street car..i.e no skinnys, no gutted, on pump gas. Just my 2cents.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Why does everyone have me trapping only 124-126?Do you guys think my car make weak sauce power?? When i raced Philthy I was making 580DD on a compromised copper head gasket, and not even shifting into 5th gear, but coasting through the traps I went 11.7 @125 getting out of it..I think alot of people are in for a surprise if it comes to underestimating me..Remember, you have only seen the timeslips I have "wanted" you to see

Julian BTW-you claim to not have shifted into 5th and trapped 125mph, but 4th gear ends at approx 112mph with stock redline. Even revving to 7100rpm's with the tire you were running you couldnt come close to 125mph in 4th. So you had to hit 5th on those runs your claiming you werent. Unless your car accelerates once you let off....
Old 09-06-2007, 09:50 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Julian BTW-you claim to not have shifted into 5th and trapped 125mph, but 4th gear ends at approx 112mph with stock redline. Even revving to 7100rpm's with the tire you were running you couldnt come close to 125mph in 4th. So you had to hit 5th on those runs your claiming you werent. Unless your car accelerates once you let off....

Oh no you didnt!
Julio is there somthing your not telling us?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

I got a really good look and listen of the back of Julians car on the two runs before the track wouldn't let him run anymore and I can tell you he DID go into fifth, I think he was just playing with you Alberto...
Old 09-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Thats another thing Philthy-my main reason for attending the track day is because Im hoping the officials wont hold us to the rules that we may encounter in regards to cages, fire jackets, etc, etc. The track 10 min from my work is VERY strict about that if you run close to 11.5 your done for the day if you dont have a cage. Out of the 4 tracks in MD this is our best shot at them not caring lol. For all we know we could show up hit 1 shakedown pass and be kicked off the rest of the day...btw I dont assume anything, he didnt put a smiley after he wrote it I'll assume its "true"

Quick Reply: The drag race the entire community has been waiting for!!