Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Procharger release date

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Del350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger release date

I spoke with a rep from procharder on the phone yesterday and they informed me that the procharger was set tp released in two to three week and that they would be sending me information on the specs and the pricing.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Jspec350z

Sounds great Keep us informed!
Old 05-19-2003, 11:54 AM
Monkey Man

350tuner.com, better known as StreetSports, will be an official distributor of the kit. We are planning on putting the first kit on my car very soon. If you are interested in more information, you can call the shop at 1-866-350tuner.

-Jeremy
Old 05-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Monkey Man

Of course. Estimates of 50-70% increase in power output are what I am hearing.

-Jeremy
Old 05-19-2003, 06:07 PM
JZC

Very, very interested.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:24 PM
2003z

Originally posted by Monkey Man
350tuner.com, better known as StreetSports, will be an official distributor of the kit. We are planning on putting the first kit on my car very soon. If you are interested in more information, you can call the shop at 1-866-350tuner.

-Jeremy
Jeremy,
Didn't you just want to sell an injen intake because it bumped you out of stock class at the auto-x? This will definitely bump you up a class or 3!
Old 05-19-2003, 06:33 PM
jfive

go jermey go i hope u can come to the shop so i can compare the gt7 with the gtc on a silverstone
Old 05-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you hearing about price? Is there a warranty?
Old 05-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Monkey Man

Originally posted by 2003z
Jeremy,
Didn't you just want to sell an injen intake because it bumped you out of stock class at the auto-x? This will definitely bump you up a class or 3!
I started too, then realized it would be dumb to mod the car based on one day a month. I should just set it up however I want, cause it's not like I'm competing nationally.... yet.

I have been hearing the system will most likely come with a optional 24 month warranty. This of course is just for the actual system, not your engine. Look for the price to be sub-$5k.

That's about all I can say for now. Stay tuned for further details. Give Shawn or Audra a call at StreetSports if you want to get on the list.

-Jeremy
Old 05-19-2003, 08:02 PM
msink

50%-70% increase ??

What kind of fuel and ignition management are they using? That's way more than a GReddy Twin Turbo setup. Sounds too optimistic to me. Hope its reliable at that level.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:11 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Jeremy:

I have been VERY interested in the procharger from the start. Pls keep me posted on release and specs. I am out in southern California, any idea on a tuner that is recommended for this install? As with everyone else, I would love to know:

1. HP, dyno results
2. Cost
3. Warranty info
4. Will it pass smog in California

Jeff
Old 05-19-2003, 10:40 PM
joeshow750

We are anxiously waiting.
Something you guys should read before you buy a kit like this.
ATI Procharger reviews
Some good, some bad. The comments about customer service, oil leaks, and crappy belts have me a little worried...but I guess that's what Jeremy is for .
Old 05-19-2003, 11:01 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Yikes! Reading those reviews just about made me forget about this product! I was so up for it, now I am scared of it. Seems like the best that can be said is if you are lucky, it will be VERY loud and hold together but a majority of reviews spoke of bearings going out within weeks of install with no customer service.

Jeremy, are you sure you want to carry this product? If so, i think i will wait until others have it and confirm it is quiet and not blowing apart.

I am so sorry to read these bad reviews. Maybe the Greddy is going to be the best bet? I was hoping for a good alternative.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:41 AM
Zrated

Those don't sound too positive, sounds like they have some quality issues. I'd have to research it some more. Other boards have more positive to say. It seems like the mustang guys are pretty happy. I'm sure Vortech will come out with a unit too. I'm sure some brave soals will get it when it comes out, hopefully they will post some detailed reviews on this site.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:48 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Zrated
Those don't sound too positive, sounds like they have some quality issues. I'd have to research it some more. Other boards have more positive to say. It seems like the mustang guys are pretty happy. I'm sure Vortech will come out with a unit too. I'm sure some brave soals will get it when it comes out, hopefully they will post some detailed reviews on this site.
Where else is their reviews of their SC? I would love to read other/more opinions...Jeff
Old 05-20-2003, 05:05 AM
Monkey Man

Head to any domestic car forum, and ask about the product. I have been noticing that it seems all the people who complain about kits not working correctly are people installing them on their own, not having a shop do the work. This could have something to do with it. StreetSports is VERY concerned about the reliability of products they sell. It is for this exact reason that the Power Enterprise kit was dropped from their lineup. Procharger is a well respected company in the domestic world, that has made the crossover into the import market. Vortech is another company that has done the same in the past. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

-Jeremy
Old 05-20-2003, 05:13 AM
Monkey Man

Originally posted by joeshow750
We are anxiously waiting.
Something you guys should read before you buy a kit like this.
ATI Procharger reviews
Some good, some bad. The comments about customer service, oil leaks, and crappy belts have me a little worried...but I guess that's what Jeremy is for .
I just glanced at this site, and the first thing that jumps out at me is only the people with older model cars are complaining about problems. Number one, they are using a different setup than the new kits use, and number two, older cars always have problems when you try to give them a sudden increase in power.

Look at the reviews for 2000 model year and newer, as those should all be using the new C1 Procharger system. Better yet, head over to their website and do some reading. They explain all the in's and out's of how their systems work.

Here is a link: http://www.procharger.com/SPORT_COMP..._compact.shtml

-Jeremy
Old 05-20-2003, 05:33 AM
Zaphod 350z

Consider this when reading those reviews. When are you more likely to take the time to voice your opinion? When you are pissed! In my life I've written plenty of letters of complaint but I can count on one hand how many letters of praise I've written.

I know three people personally who have had a Procharger intercooled sc on their cars and all were strong performers, problem free in regard to the sc.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:03 AM
cbsuper

Hmm, there were only 3 bad reviews there and the other ones were all positive. I'm assuming the people who had written the bad reviews probably installed it themselves. Since I am mechanically inclined I would have my tuner shop install it for me.

But I'll wait till Jeremy passes verdict on the system. Then we'll be able to gauge if this system is for our cars.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:09 AM
Zrated

Originally posted by zland
Where else is their reviews of their SC? I would love to read other/more opinions...Jeff
Pretty much what Monkey Man said about looking at domestic sites. Stangnet is one of them that I have looked at. The company does have a good rep among domestics, it just makes you start to think when you read those bad reviews. I'm still very interested, and excited to hear more about the kit.

Quick Reply: Procharger release date