Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

JWT 850BB Twin Turbo Wins Redline Time Attack

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:36 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up JWT 850BB Twin Turbo Wins Redline Time Attack

Well I really don’t know were to start.... I was not planning to enter the car in the Time attack as I was broke and did not have any money. This whole event cost me $200 bucks, and some gas money. Thank You very much for all the shops that made this happened.

First off Dave Shiroma!

Dave from Function Tuned came in and saved our day by hooking us up with his fresh pair of Nittos NTO1’s to use for the modified class.
Dave, thank you sooo much for that, we would have never have done as well without them. Juan the wheels worked out great,

Jeremy from Performance Factory for flipping the car bill, and helping us out with the abs problem, and thanks so much for the oil, Yo! Mad props.

Joe Kenefic for standing by the phone “phone side mechanic” and answering all our motor questions! She’s ready for You come get her.

Mark from Relentless Autosports for answering our phone and answering any mechanical questions.

GT Spec for all the braces and track side support, and Noah you came thru man (stand up guy)

Scott from Relentless AutoSport for spending over 8 hours dialing in my suspension and sharing what they have learned over the past three years tracking the Z, also thank you so much for the upper control arms. I thought I was a fast driver at this track. Scott can drive!… At the end of the day he managed to clock in at a 2.08.6 lap time and hit 180 on the back strait in a “street car”. That’s great for not driving this track in over 4 years, or ever at all in a street car. He managed to clean up shop.

Jim Wolf for giving my car the opportunity to be one of the first with the 850 kit, and for giving Scott a foot in the @ss to make the trip and make this happen.

MC from my350z.com for organizing a great event and for the clean shirts we had to wear that night. Thanks bro you car looks sick!

BamBam for let us use your wheels thanks so much for going out of your way.

The guys a Hoosier for mounting a total of 6 tires, and then going back three hours later and tell them to change them back...Thanks

The motor and tune was done by ForgedPerformance

Suspension set up By Relentless Autosport

Turbos are the JWT 850BB with Greddy intercooler and custom piping done by ForgedPerformance

The car took 1st place in the RWD modified and 1st place overall modified (RWD, FWD, AWD ) This was the first time in Redline Time Attack history that a 350z has taken the overall in any class. The car also took 2nd place in RWD Unlimited still on the modified class tires (no Hoosiers).

As with any track car there are little issues that need addressing but nothing major IMO. The motor held up well and was purged after every session to prevent any over heating but I am finding that tracking a Z hard = running the car 250 plus temps. Even at Barber I was seeing 245 on a small track with 120 plus top speeds. Here at VIR we saw high 170 and some lucky 180’s so yes the car is being run hard. I put only the sponsors of this event on the car and I apologize if your not on here. So please don’t take it the wrong way.
Thank you everyone who stopped by and said hello. If you have any issues please don’t make any drama, PM me or call me. I am leaving on Tuesday back to Iraq, so you don’t have too. Drive safe and see you in 3 months.

Luie

Ok as far as the car and how it held up. Well it held up. It was going thru half a quart of oil for every session (from the start day one) about 5 laps and taking up about 2 cups of the Evan coolent. Motor sounded fine. The car now overheats when driven on the streets gets up to 230's. We ran the car hard, but was not expecting the loss of oil and coolent and now overheating. The motor has 3K miles about half of it hard miles. She will be going under the knife while I am gone at Joe's so we'll see how it goes.

I have alot more to add just very tierd will finish this on Monday.

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 10-08-2007 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:40 PM
abyss

NICE! Congrats!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Frankie_Z

"The car took 1st place in the RWD modified and 1st place overall modified (RWD, FWD, AWD ) This was the first time in Redline Time Attack history that a 350z has taken the overall in any class. The car also took 2nd place in RWD Unlimited still on the modified class tires (no Hoosiers)."

Great job!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:52 PM
turismo

Way to represent
Old 10-07-2007, 05:53 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice!
are those tires 315's in the rear?
if so, what wheels are you running? I can't tell since all the shots are in motion
Old 10-07-2007, 05:57 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Impressive!!!! What happened to your front lip? Did you lose it on the track?

BTW, nice decals on the front bumper!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:07 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Amazing array of contributors with an outstanding result. Congrats to all. You gotta be d@mn proud of that car Luie!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Zilvia

hell ya bro.... major props and congrats
Old 10-07-2007, 06:13 PM
rhythmnsmoke

Nice shots! Congrats on the win.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:14 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Thanks guys, but Scott is the man he spent 8 hours and three diffrent tire set ups before we got it right. He knows his $hit.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good stuff-nice to see the car is performing, I regret not going down to VA to see that thing run man. Awesome that the "sponsors" are willing to hook you up, thats a great thing, and certainly helps those of us that track our cars. Any vids by any chance? What was the final tire set-up? EDFC settings? I know every car is different Im just curious what your end set-up looked like...

edit-whats up with the front lip btw?
Old 10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by sentry65
nice!
are those tires 315's in the rear?
if so, what wheels are you running? I can't tell since all the shots are in motion
Yep, they were 315/30/18's in the rear.

Originally Posted by QuadCam
Impressive!!!! What happened to your front lip? Did you lose it on the track?
Hahaha, yes, I did have a slight off road experience, and unfortunately the front lip did not make it.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:20 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by Alberto
Good stuff-nice to see the car is performing, I regret not going down to VA to see that thing run man. Awesome that the "sponsors" are willing to hook you up, thats a great thing, and certainly helps those of us that track our cars. Any vids by any chance? What was the final tire set-up? EDFC settings? I know every car is different Im just curious what your end set-up looked like...

I have a liite bit If I have time on monday i will post, I have to spend all the time I have with my wife before I leave on Tuesday.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD

Hahaha, yes, I did have a slight off road experience, and unfortunately the front lip did not make it.
Thats ok, it was fugly anyway j/k Luie!!! Not really though
Old 10-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
I have a liite bit If I have time on monday i will post, I have to spend all the time I have with my wife before I leave on Tuesday.
Sounds good bro, and understandable. I'd also understand if you didnt want to share the info as well
Old 10-07-2007, 06:22 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Yep, they were 315/30/18's in the rear.

Thanks so much for flying out on your dime and doing this for me, it means soo much.

Thank You
Old 10-07-2007, 06:24 PM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, very impressive.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:25 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
What was the final tire set-up? EDFC settings? I know every car is different Im just curious what your end set-up looked like...

edit-whats up with the front lip btw?
The set up that we ended up with was just a base line of something that I came up with that I thought might work with the parts that I had to work with on the car Tires we ended up using were loaned to us by Dave at FT and they were Nitto NT01's 315/30/18 and 275/35/18
Old 10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Good to know-Dave is the man...
Old 10-07-2007, 06:29 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Thanks so much for flying out on your dime and doing this for me, it means soo much.

Thank You
It all worked out realy good for all of us. We weren't able to get our Time Attack car out to this event, so this was a good deal for all of us.

Thanks for the car use and the hospitality, Louie. I just wish I felt better.

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 10-07-2007 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: JWT 850BB Twin Turbo Wins Redline Time Attack