Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Replacement Oil feed line for Greddy Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
etx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Oil feed line for Greddy Turbo kit

Hey Guys, Just tried the search. Thought I would find more than I did. I can't find any info on replacement oil lines for the greddy kit. I see they are 1/8 BSPT, and I'd rather not order another crappy line from greddy. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by etx
Hey Guys, Just tried the search. Thought I would find more than I did. I can't find any info on replacement oil lines for the greddy kit. I see they are 1/8 BSPT, and I'd rather not order another crappy line from greddy. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Good luck finding that thread..Just get the greddy and be done..
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if your want to change the lines, I would suggest changing all of the other fitting while you are at it. Change everyting to NPT an -AN fittings. You can get those kinds of fittings and lines anywhere in the US. SummitRacing.com will be your friend.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
etx

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Good luck finding that thread..Just get the greddy and be done..
Old 10-09-2007, 05:39 PM
etx

Originally Posted by QuadCam
if your want to change the lines, I would suggest changing all of the other fitting while you are at it. Change everyting to NPT an -AN fittings. You can get those kinds of fittings and lines anywhere in the US. SummitRacing.com will be your friend.

Well, Everything is BSPT already I believe. I could install a BSPT to -4AN adapter and then t-off and run premade -4an line to the turbos. But then I would need -4AN banjos. I'm gonna hit DSS in the morning and see what they have in stock. I'm pretty poor right now.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:25 PM
rrmedicx

What oil return pan are you using. I opted for the AAM oil pan spacer to replace the lame oil pan supplied with the Greddy kit. Then i purchased the AAM Stainless Steel Oil Return Lines to replace the rubber hoses provided with the Greddy kit. I just didn't want to chance anything melting or coming loose. I have had it with oil leaks. At least these lines are secure. They also look pretty cool too. Overall it was a good decision. Your call though. Good Luck.

Edit.
OOOOOpps. I thought you meant oil return lines...Disregard.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ETX...man I havent seen you post in ages. Yeah, we got sick of the brittle Greddy stock oil lines, that tend to leak/crack after a lot of usage, so we just made our own high pressure line upgrade kits. Call the shop tomorrow, and I can send you a set with the proper fittings and adaptors to make it all work.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:47 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

custom your order with this guy. $39 shipped with quality parts. Just know your sizes and the length of the line and they'll put it together for you.

http://fast-turbo.com/

Last edited by accordfreak; 10-09-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:22 AM
rrmedicx

Originally Posted by accordfreak
custom your order with this guy. $39 shipped with quality parts. Just know your sizes and the length of the line and they'll put it together for you.

http://fast-turbo.com/
Wow, That's a pretty neat site.^^^ Lots of custom set-ups possible for a variety of lines. Good Find.

Sometimes, though, for the "lazy'er" individuals its often easier to just order a pre-fab kit that you know will fit, rather than taking chances on wrong size AN fittings, or too short of a hose, etc.... Like the ones sold at AAM for the Greddy oil return lines, or the high flow feed lines Sharif is coming out with...They work very well and you have no worries about fitment.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:57 AM
QuadCam

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Wow, That's a pretty neat site.^^^ Lots of custom set-ups possible for a variety of lines. Good Find.

Sometimes, though, for the "lazy'er" individuals its often easier to just order a pre-fab kit that you know will fit, rather than taking chances on wrong size AN fittings, or too short of a hose, etc.... Like the ones sold at AAM for the Greddy oil return lines, or the high flow feed lines Sharif is coming out with...They work very well and you have no worries about fitment.
My AAM oil return lines were about 8" too long. mkae sure you have the tools to cut the SS lines cleanly.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:09 AM
rrmedicx

Originally Posted by QuadCam
My AAM oil return lines were about 8" too long. mkae sure you have the tools to cut the SS lines cleanly.
Mine were also a bit long, maybe 2 inches. I guess they realized their mistake and they are improving??? Yeah, I used a rotary cutter to shorten them just a bit.