Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

IntensePower w/ PowerLab Single Turbo Kit Stage 1.5 GT37R / ProEFI ECU Makes 706RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:14 AM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for all the positive feedback fella"Z"
Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TENGAI
'Berto - once I get the kit, I'll be doing the install with Dave and co. followed up by a tuning session on the DD. Although I'm pretty much set on using a Haltech for tuning, the ProEFI has my interest enough that if I get one with the kit I'd be game to see a few pulls with it at a minimum. We'll see.

Next year is going to be NICE

PM me and we'll chat.
Yeah I know about your plans. Get it all set-up, tuned and used to the power so we can test it against a Greddy kit Im curious how you'd do against me from a roll with a much different powerband than me, at power levels comparable to each other...
Old 11-12-2007, 04:00 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by Alberto
Yeah I know about your plans. Get it all set-up, tuned and used to the power so we can test it against a Greddy kit Im curious how you'd do against me from a roll with a much different powerband than me, at power levels comparable to each other...
Let's just hope TENGAI is a super quick berto style shifter
Old 11-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Time will tell! Like Tengai said this upcoming summer will be sick, we have a vast variety of FI kits in the Mid-A, cant wait to see this bada$$ kit in person!!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:11 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
Let's just hope TENGAI is a super quick berto style shifter

tengai is mastering the the "kungfu" shift style... but he is no "parts-murderer" yet

will hav eto wait and see
Old 11-13-2007, 06:06 AM
TENGAI

Lift shift FTW

I don't profess to be a skilled as 'Berto, but we've never had a chance to line up either... We'll see what the next season brings
Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 AM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by Alberto
You keep saying that but I'll believe it when I see the after CT tuning results. I remember reading SaM@GTM saying he had messed with CT on a FI set-up with no real gains to be had given the time to tune. Of course that is only one "opinion" but until we (Z community) see otherwise what else do we have to go by...look forward to updated results, I do think gains can be had but not enough to fill the gap due to lag.
The factories spend millions of dollars designing variable cam setups, if it wasn't worth while, I doubt they would waste their time. I'm guessing what he meant was that by moving it around, that he couldn't better the factory gains. Forced induction has nothing to do with it. If you are moving more air at a given rpm because of the variable cam, then you will move even more air at that point with boost. Look at the dyno he posted of the Utec run.... that graph is up like 150hp in the midrange, and you can see where the higher boost starts to take over. You can easily draw the conclusion that with the v-cam on....it's going to make a crap load of midrange power as well. Then look at the graph with stock compression and stock cams. There is no lag on this kit! Dropping over 2 points in compression, and putting big cams in is definately going to hurt the spool up in the bottom end. I would run this kit on stock compression and stock or maybe a bit milder cam, with good pistons and rods. That would be a NICE street setup!

Nice numbers guys! Especially for those turbochargers.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:42 AM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default ahhh

Originally Posted by 1ZweetZ
The factories spend millions of dollars designing variable cam setups, if it wasn't worth while, I doubt they would waste their time. I'm guessing what he meant was that by moving it around, that he couldn't better the factory gains. Forced induction has nothing to do with it. If you are moving more air at a given rpm because of the variable cam, then you will move even more air at that point with boost. Look at the dyno he posted of the Utec run.... that graph is up like 150hp in the midrange, and you can see where the higher boost starts to take over. You can easily draw the conclusion that with the v-cam on....it's going to make a crap load of midrange power as well. Then look at the graph with stock compression and stock cams. There is no lag on this kit! Dropping over 2 points in compression, and putting big cams in is definately going to hurt the spool up in the bottom end. I would run this kit on stock compression and stock or maybe a bit milder cam, with good pistons and rods. That would be a NICE street setup!

^^^ GREAT POST ^^^
Old 11-14-2007, 02:30 PM
turismo

Agreed, nicely put.

Also, take a look at the B series Hondas. Notice the difference in power and torque throughout the powerband with and without vtech enabled.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

So where are the charts with differences at higher boost levels?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:29 PM
zmedic16

^+1
Old 11-21-2007, 10:23 AM
1ZweetZ

Hey IntenseFab, did you guys get a chance to run the G with Variable cam on? I heard you guys ran a stock Z with a tnetics kit with the ProEFI as well. what were the gains there?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:08 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Hey IntenseFab, did you guys get a chance to run the G with Variable cam on? I heard you guys ran a stock Z with a tnetics kit with the ProEFI as well. what were the gains there?

that was my car...with my stock engine before the build one went on... ill let Intense Fab elaborate more
Old 12-04-2007, 12:20 PM
AZVeilsideZ

Hey IIQuickSilverII, if you guys ever take the car out or to the track let me know, I would love to go check it out in person!!!! I think I have one of Intense's old project cars. 03 Black Veilside Ver.3.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:21 PM
IIQuickSilverII

I remember.. Ill let you know
Old 04-05-2008, 09:42 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Ok now I'm gettin so confused. I can't see the graphs clear on my phone but it looks like there is a lot of lag. I would love to have nasty power like this with a ST but if I lined up against a TT and I'd get burnt then that would be a waste of money 2 me. Guess twins are better......
Old 04-05-2008, 09:46 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Ok now I'm gettin so confused. I can't see the graphs clear on my phone but it looks like there is a lot of lag. I would love to have nasty power like this with a ST but if I lined up against a TT and I'd get burnt then that would be a waste of money 2 me. Guess twins are better......
You have an increase of 250+ft/lbs of TQ between 4000 and 5000 RPM.... Twins will get you off the line, but you would smoke him in the top end. Just my opinion.

(I keep reminding myself that all monster drag cars run big singles)
Old 04-05-2008, 09:50 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SlideFox
You have an increase of 250+ft/lbs of TQ between 4000 and 5000 RPM.... Twins will get you off the line, but you would smoke him in the top end. Just my opinion.

(I keep reminding myself that all monster drag cars run big singles)
Hmm well that's what I wanted to hear. I'm not into drag racing. I just didn't want to half to kick it til like 7500 rpm take the chance of breaking **** just to hit full boost
Old 04-05-2008, 10:05 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Hmm well that's what I wanted to hear. I'm not into drag racing. I just didn't want to half to kick it til like 7500 rpm take the chance of breaking **** just to hit full boost
You just have to think about your driving habits, and were your cars RPM's are most of the time. If your on the highway in 5th or 6th gear; you're rpm's should be right around 3000-3200 rpm.... so if you it the gas you should have instant response. The advantage, in my own opinion, is with twins you have better response in the bottom end and from a stand still.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:10 PM
IIQuickSilverII

almost all the baller supras run big single turbos and the VQ with a big single outperforms the 2jz ......more displacement....better heads....
to each their own ... it all depends on the applicaion one looks...

Quick Reply: IntensePower w/ PowerLab Single Turbo Kit Stage 1.5 GT37R / ProEFI ECU Makes 706RWHP