Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

IntensePower w/ PowerLab Single Turbo Kit Stage 1.5 GT37R / ProEFI ECU Makes 706RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:28 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrickU
Ok.................
Reading comprehension owns you. If you're going to make negative comments in a thread, do yourself and everyone the favor of reading it completely before making a douche out of yourself. In the first couple of pages there are several posts that state why there is as much lag as there is. I'm not going to go into it here because, as I stated, it's already been gone over. Also, if you're just going douche up my thread by posting consecutive comments like "ok......." or other mindless b.s., consider this a fair warning, because the next PM to you will be by a moderator. Good day.

Darren(ok?)
Old 04-08-2008, 01:34 PM
FrickU

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Reading comprehension owns you. If you're going to make negative comments in a thread, do yourself and everyone the favor of reading it completely before making a douche out of yourself. In the first couple of pages there are several posts that state why there is as much lag as there is. I'm not going to go into it here because, as I stated, it's already been gone over. Also, if you're just going douche up my thread by posting consecutive comments like "ok......." or other mindless b.s., consider this a fair warning, because the next PM to you will be by a moderator. Good day.

Darren(ok?)
I know why it has lag. I don't need to read 4 pages to see why a 37r has lag. I personally think it is cool that someone has put a 37r on a Z. And I did read why it is a bit laggier than usual.

I'm sincerely sorry that I douched up your thread by saying ok....... to someone tellling me to read one of his posts.

Thanks for the warning

You're going to see a lot more Street Z's dragging with this kit.

Last edited by FrickU; 04-08-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:51 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

It was actually in the first two pages.

I understand that you have association with Scott and as such, you may like power bands that are more practical for road racing, SCCA, etc, and this turbo set up will probably not fit those requirements like a 30r or even a 35r would (staying on the subject of single turbos). This turbo is better suited for drag racing, obviously, and launching the car at 5k the turbo will very much be online. Shifting from 1-2, 3-4, etc the turbo will still be online, so it's function built for drag racing, much like smaller single or twins would be for road racing, etc. Don't forget, drag racing is still the most practical & accessible style form of racing for the masses. The great advantage that this kit has over any other kit is that it allows you to change out the turbo whenever you want. Therefore, if you want to go road racing, change it to a 30r. For street, 35r. For drag racing 37r. Twins are a difficult to get to, and the TN kit won't allow you to have as much versatility to switch to another turbo. PowerLab offers everything.

Darren (welcomes you for my warning, and appreciates you not posting nonsensical "comments" in my thread that contribute nothing to the discussion)
Old 04-08-2008, 02:12 PM
FrickU

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
It was actually in the first two pages.

I understand that you have association with Scott and as such, you may like power bands that are more practical for road racing, SCCA, etc, and this turbo set up will probably not fit those requirements like a 30r or even a 35r would (staying on the subject of single turbos). This turbo is better suited for drag racing, obviously, and launching the car at 5k the turbo will very much be online. Shifting from 1-2, 3-4, etc the turbo will still be online, so it's function built for drag racing, much like smaller single or twins would be for road racing, etc. Don't forget, drag racing is still the most practical & accessible style form of racing for the masses. The great advantage that this kit has over any other kit is that it allows you to change out the turbo whenever you want. Therefore, if you want to go road racing, change it to a 30r. For street, 35r. For drag racing 37r. Twins are a difficult to get to, and the TN kit won't allow you to have as much versatility to switch to another turbo. PowerLab offers everything.

Darren (welcomes you for my warning, and appreciates you not posting nonsensical "comments" in my thread that contribute nothing to the discussion)
Wow. Look man. I am not bashing on your turbo kit. Like I said before I think it is cool and that a lot of Z's are going to be dragging with it. I appreciate the explanation on the differences of a single turbo and a twin turbo kit and the way they work. And yes it is very cool that your kit enables you to change out turbos. You don't have to try and sell me on your kit.

And being that I do attend road racing events doesn't mean that that is the only reason why I prefer a less laggier kit. And I really don't want to get into the whole racing thing. And you don't have to be the middle man with Darren. He can speak to me personally.

Once again, nice kit, cool options, Drag racing yah!!!
Just thinking out loud. I don't want to "douche" up your thread anymore.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:35 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Werd.. Moving along, thanks.

Darren
Old 04-24-2008, 04:27 PM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Recent track times.... wait for it wait for it.... it will be worth the wait!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:18 PM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here ya go fella"Z"

Intense thanks ProEFI & PowerLab for New World Records
Old 07-18-2008, 01:02 PM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone have a picture of the actual turbo in the car?
Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I should be going by Intense today or tomorrow. I'll snap some shots for you when I'm there.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:27 PM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
on GT37R

2 + 1 overlayed

enjoy

edit.
This is still with same uppipe and 3" dp as the stage 1 kit...nothing changed other than turbo kit
and still on the widebody G35

those graphs remind me of single 2jz Supra's almost the same curves
Old 07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabuy350z

u missed post #7
Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
That is because the variable valve timing is disabled. There will be a huge gain down low once that is enabled.
and....
3.5L ..thats more displacements thant the 2jz has so curves are NOT the same
Old 07-18-2008, 03:27 PM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just went back and saw that, why was it disabled in the first place. i didnt know that vvt will make that much of a difference. cant wait to see the new graph
Old 07-18-2008, 07:13 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya, they look horrible for street driving and would be pretty damn tough to feather coming out of corners on a road course. But 2 step that joker at 5k on the track and you better used fixadent to hold your teeth in.

Originally Posted by wannabuy350z
Old 07-18-2008, 10:53 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

^^^
read his last post(just above yours)

gt37r still pretty responsive...but 2 step wouldnt hurt

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 07-18-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:25 PM
tribal_visionz

i hope the vq35hr, has future plans like this. naaaaaaasty
Old 07-19-2008, 03:28 AM
chopperman

Thats pretty cool being able to switch out a turbo depending on what type of racing you would be doing. How long does it take to swap out a turbo?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:38 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HAHA, reading owns me as well

Either way, a huge waste on a stock block! Wonder what that curve would look like on a standard non-revup since only 1 side of the cam can be controlled.

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
^^^
read his last post(just above yours)

gt37r still pretty responsive...but 2 step wouldnt hurt
Old 07-19-2008, 04:38 AM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by str8dum1
HAHA, reading owns me as well

Either way, a huge waste on a stock block! Wonder what that curve would look like on a standard non-revup since only 1 side of the cam can be controlled.

Ill let you know ..however I went with the smaller A/R on the turbine side so my numbers should reflect that with more midrange.