Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Amazing Breakthrough following DIY Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 04:22 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would imagine the pure meth is more effective than the mix? But then I would also be committed to buying 100% pure meth all the time.---> $$$
Are you using the washer fluid special I see a lot of dealers promoting for their Meth kits?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:27 AM
rrmedicx

I have had the car for a few days now and my initial impressions are as follows:

Cold and hot start ups need a little help. - Can be corrected by tuner
On/Off Throttle transitions need to be smoothed out - Can be corrected by Tuner

Thats it.
Everything else is pretty spot on. Acceleration is tremendous, especially when the open dumps let loose. I have also learned that the Brooklyn streets need to be longer, they all seem to last only 1.2 seconds...or maybe I just need to keep it on the highway...LOL This is truly a lot of fun.

I still need more seat time, since the weather has been absolutely horrible.
I don't want to go screwing around on a wet day and wreck, so this weekend should be good. (Memorial Day weekend)

I'll give more feedback as it comes.

So far so good.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:28 AM
rrmedicx

New suspension is flawless...Very happy with the BC Coilovers. The coilovers are very compliant and not abrasive at all. I also installed new rear traction bars and new Top Speed A-Arms - just need a 4 wheel alignment.

Also impressive is the custom oil cooler and Big Koyo addition. On highway - cruising doesn't go much over 150 F. In stop and go traffic gets around 180-190 F. I am Very happy. Noteable decrease in temps.
Spirited driving can go as high as 195-200 F tops.

Last edited by rrmedicx; 05-20-2008 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:52 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
I have had the car for a few days now and my initial impressions are as follows:

Cold and hot start ups need a little help. - Can be corrected by tuner
On/Off Throttle transitions need to be smoothed out - Can be corrected by Tuner

Not to be a dik Randy, but i thought the Pro EFi had "adaptive learning"? I was under the impressions that these issues would learn themselves and correct the maps on their own..Wasnt that one of the selling points of the unit??

This was supposed to be the unit that didnt need a tuner, wasnt it?
Old 05-20-2008, 06:04 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
Not to be a dik Randy, but i thought the Pro EFi had "adaptive learning"? I was under the impressions that these issues would learn themselves and correct the maps on their own..Wasnt that one of the selling points of the unit??

This was supposed to be the unit that didnt need a tuner, wasnt it?
Cold and Hot start still needs to be set by the tuner. From what I have been observing with this EMS, the adaptive learning will adjust parameters will driving. The easy way to explain it, i think , is if you were driving around the city and it was 95 degrees out and stop and go traffic, and you drove up to the mountains were it was 60 degrees, the EMS will adjust to compensate for the temperature differences.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by SlideFox
Cold and Hot start still needs to be set by the tuner. From what I have been observing with this EMS, the adaptive learning will adjust parameters will driving. The easy way to explain it, i think , is if you were driving around the city and it was 95 degrees out and stop and go traffic, and you drove up to the mountains were it was 60 degrees, the EMS will adjust to compensate for the temperature differences.
I find it very interesting that you post and reply to "EVERY SINGLE PRO EFI THREAD OR POST" one would almost think you have some sort of "vested interest" in the product, if one did not know better.

As far as the scenario you just gave, that puts the pro EFI on the same exact playing field as the Haltech,and Fcon as far as being able to adjust fuel and timing maps based on varying intake air and ambient temperatures. I dont want to turn this thread into another PRO -EFI thread/debate, however I must say, I myself am quite surprised that Randy is having issues with cold and hot starts, and transitions of throttle points, despite the EFI being hyped and marketed as the end all EMS solutions, that emulates stock ECM's.

I have yet to find a stock ECM that has to have the cold start and throttle transitions adjusted by the tuner. Especially after delivering the car to the customer..
and oce again, im not starting a flame war or bashing anything..Im simply trying to understand what makes this unit so superior to others..If it is what Jason claims it will be, I admit I would be the first one to jump on the bandwagon..
Old 05-20-2008, 06:28 AM
SlideFox

I find it very interesting that you post and reply to "EVERY SINGLE PRO EFI THREAD OR POST" one would almost think you have some sort of "vested interest" in the product, if one did not know better.
The only reason I respond is because I get to see the product first hand, and have talked to Jason. Also the fact that I am on the forums ALL THE TIME, I try to help give answers. I know Jason is not on this forum, and I'm sure you as well as others have better things to do besides post about Pro-EFI all day. So I only try and help. I will be getting a Pro-EFI as soon as I go F/I, and I would have easily went Haltech or V-Pro, but Pro-EFI is local to me.

If it makes you feel any better I'll stop replying to your Pro-EFI questions.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

The only reason I respond is because I get to see the product first hand, and have talked to Jason. Also the fact that I am on the forums ALL THE TIME, I try to help give answers. I know Jason is not on this forum, and I'm sure you as well as others have better things to do besides post about Pro-EFI all day. So I only try and help. I will be getting a Pro-EFI as soon as I go F/I, and I would have easily went Haltech or V-Pro, but Pro-EFI is local to me.

If it makes you feel any better I'll stop replying to your Pro-EFI questions.
K,

Gotcha..So in a way, your the Miaplaya of Pro Efi then?
Not actually employed or compensated by them, but out of the goodness of your hear, your on the forums all day long, every day, all of the forums, answering questions about their products and posting in all their threads, simply as a good samaritan for them...

Gotcha,thanks for clearing that one up for me..
Old 05-20-2008, 06:41 AM
SlideFox

K,

Gotcha..So in a way, your the Miaplaya of Pro Efi then?
Not actually employed or compensated by them, but out of the goodness of your hear, your on the forums all day long, every day, all of the forums, answering questions about their products and posting in all their threads, simply as a good samaritan for them...

Gotcha,thanks for clearing that one up for me..
I sense a little sarcasm, and I'll leave it at that.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

I sense a little sarcasm, and I'll leave it at that.
Me...Never...
Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

As far as the scenario you just gave, that puts the pro EFI on the same exact playing field as the Haltech,and Fcon as far as being able to adjust fuel and timing maps based on varying intake air and ambient temperatures. I dont want to turn this thread into another PRO -EFI thread/debate, however I must say, I myself am quite surprised that Randy is having issues with cold and hot starts, and transitions of throttle points, despite the EFI being hyped and marketed as the end all EMS solutions, that emulates stock ECM's.

I have yet to find a stock ECM that has to have the cold start and throttle transitions adjusted by the tuner. Especially after delivering the car to the customer..
and oce again, im not starting a flame war or bashing anything..Im simply trying to understand what makes this unit so superior to others..If it is what Jason claims it will be, I admit I would be the first one to jump on the bandwagon..

Julian perhaps you missed a few post related to this issue that you have questiones on.

-First randy isnt done tunning the car yet, he said he still is in for more tunning and also is going to do race gas pulls.
-This is the tuner 1 time tunning the unit, and as mentioned above they are not done with it. You are judging to fast based on preliminary results.
-The cold start issues are a part of the initial setup and most likely havent been fine tuned yet. If you remember in the proefi thread, it was specified that this wast part of the original setup(which isnt fully done in this case). It's a non issue once they are fixed. Foreingsoda's car is tuned to 498whp right now and has no cold start issues.
- you maybe have missed this:
it shows that the preliminary results of the tuning are already pretty darn good so far, You can tell that by the smoothness of the dyno curves. Notice that smoothing is set at ZERO
-you might have missed larrys explanation to your question of adaptive learning too:
Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
Think of it this way. With the technology of the F-con you can setup startup fuel maps, accel maps, general fuel maps etc and then correct off of them with various sensor inputs. So lets say on a 60 degree day you car runs pretty well and the O2 correction is 2%. Then on a 80 degree day the O2 correction is 4%. The computer always throws fuel out based on the fuel map and then corrects off of it based on the O2 sensor. It does this every time. With adaptive learning, if the ECU sees that the correction in a certain area is 2 or 4% and it actually adjusts the original map so that on the next time you see those conditions, your fuel is perfect and O2 correction will be ZERO!! Same with knock, idle air motor percentage, etc. The computer is constantly updating its own maps so it never makes a mistake (no matter how slight) again. It is the difference between a car running very well, and perfect!!

The way that most standalones do things now is EXACTLY how the factory computers did things in the 1980s. The way ProEFI adapts is exactly the same way current computers in all production cars do things. Cars in the 80s ran pretty well but there is no denying that current cars run much better!!

Hope this helps Julian!

Lar

Hope this helps J

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-20-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 AM
rrmedicx

Just FYI, I took the car from Turbo Trix a bit prematurely because I wanted to road test it myself and see how things were going. Afterall it was there first Z using the new EMS. I found a couple of things that I want to adjust and I will be returning the car to them for those couple of adjustments as well as the high boost tune with meth.

I think overall for a first time with a new car they did an excellent job. I can now see that there are definite similarities with other EMS systems, I can only compare to UTEC as with firsthand experience. A road tune is always necessary to get things 100% correct. Dyno tuning alone always has bugs that need to be cleaned up, generally in other gears.

Now that that is out of the way, I look forward to returning the car and getting the final tune complete. I will probably hold the car for a few more days before returning so I can make sure nothing else is wrong. Just this damn weather is deterring me from driving the car.

I can also say that the car is running very clean, with no cel light - very glad about that. Holds idle very well, even with cams, and when cruising is pretty smooth...like stock. I just need to get re-acclimated to the clutch a bit and the new-found power.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Julian perhaps you missed a few post related to this issue that you have questiones on.

-First randy isnt done tunning the car yet, he said he still is in for more tunning and also is going to do race gas pulls.
-This is the tuner 1 time tunning the unit, and as mentioned above they are not done with it. You are judging to fast based on preliminary results.
-The cold start issues are a part of the initial setup and most likely havent been fine tuned yet. If you remember in the proefi thread, it was specified that this wast part of the original setup(which isnt fully done in this case).
- you maybe have missed this:
it shows that the preliminary results of the tuning are good so far, You can tell that by the smoothness of the dyno curves. Notice that smoothing is set at ZERO

Hope this helps J
LOL, sack swinger #2 arrives...
I saw all that...I can make that same power, by accident, with a unichip or UTEC...lol

The major question I have, is the cold starts and transitions.... Im still al little fuzzy if those are adaptively learned or not...Once set up, will they adapt and tranformulate their ambionic fluids, to perpetuate the curriculum of the circumstances??

-you might have missed larrys explanation to your question of adaptive learning too:
Actually from what I interpret it as, is that adaptive learning corrects the entire map permananently,including fuel trims and transitions..Therfore, there should be no further tuning required on Randy's start up and transition, or at least thats how I understood it being marketed as...

With adaptive learning, if the ECU sees that the correction in a certain area is 2 or 4% and it actually adjusts the original map so that on the next time you see those conditions, your fuel is perfect and O2 correction will be ZERO!! Same with knock, idle air motor percentage, etc. The computer is constantly updating its own maps so it never makes a mistake (no matter how slight) again. It is the difference between a car running very well, and perfect!!
The way that most standalones do things now is EXACTLY how the factory computers did things in the 1980s. The way ProEFI adapts is exactly the same way current computers in all production cars do things. Cars in the 80s ran pretty well but there is no denying that current cars run much better!!

Hope this helps Julian!

Lar

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 05-20-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:05 AM
IIQuickSilverII

I saw all that...I can make that same power, by accident, with a unichip or UTEC...lol

The major question I have, is the cold starts and transitions.... Im still al little fuzzy if those are adaptively learned or not...Once set up, will they adapt and tranformulate their ambionic fluids, to perpetuate the curriculum of the circumstances??

Also, why would a tuner give a car back tghat was not properly set up??
Fool, You probably woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something today, or just havent had enough doughnuts yet.
The dynosheet was not to show the power, it was to show the smoothness of the curves...... you know those are not easy to achive.
Randy already answered the question regarding why he has the car already....see you judge to fast prematurly, you dont need to start posting like that with out knowing all the facts
Old 05-20-2008, 07:09 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Fool, You probably woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something today, or just havent had enough doughnuts yet.
The dynosheet was not to show the power, it was to show the smoothness of the curves...... you know those are not easy to achive.
Perhaps they Balanced his tires properly??
Im just sick of the nutswingers hyping up products, with little to no factual basis or data or repsonse form the manufacturerer themselves..(IE Gerald and the Hydra bomb.)
Old 05-20-2008, 07:16 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Im just sick of the nutswingers hyping up products, with little to no factual basis or data or repsonse form the manufacturerer themselves..(IE Gerald and the Hydra bomb.)
yeah i know what you mean, just be patient, results are coming in and more feedback will take place. There is enough factual data on the proefi to start discussions in a "sane" matter. The manufacturer in this case has responded to question well enough but in his own forum so far.
You can call it what ever you want "Perhaps they Balanced his tires properly??" or what ever, but you know some tuners even with the fcon they cant product curves that smooth. I am sure you can probably even make 530whp with the emanage but i doubt it woudl be any safe at all.
I completely agree about hyping products with NOthing to show fro but its not the case here. just as there is no need to start with the "why the tuner gave the owner the car like that" when randy says he jsut wanted to test it out. THe car has no cels, with out any need to reflash the stock ecu so....so far its good. Just be patient to see final results and more feed back from other customers.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:05 AM
1ZweetZ

Julian, just because your responses were deleted, doesn't mean hundreds of people didn't read them first... we all know why your acting this way. So why don't you leave your uneducated comments to yourself, and let Randy post his first hand experience himself. There are SEVERAL people posting on my350z about their first hand experience with the ProEFI, so far...all I have seen is good responses.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:08 AM
1ZweetZ

If this is true, then why is it that Intense did in 3 tries, what you couldn't do in the 5 years you have been working on the Z? Seriously....
Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 AM
1ZweetZ

We are all sick of people who have no experience trying to knock them down, when the people with the experience are actually having good real world results... Why don't you let Randy post his experiences and leave this thread on topic.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by 1ZweetZ
Julian, just because your responses were deleted, doesn't mean hundreds of people didn't read them first... we all know why your acting this way. So why don't you leave your uneducated comments to yourself, and let Randy post his first hand experience himself. There are SEVERAL people posting on my350z about their first hand experience with the ProEFI, so far...all I have seen is good responses.
I didnt delete my repsonse? Nutswinger #3.

Quick Reply: Amazing Breakthrough following DIY Build