Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Amazing Breakthrough following DIY Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 10:18 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, the JWT's were good while they lasted but the 272's should create a sick lope at idle and some better performance. I'll post up results as soon as I can.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:45 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Don't know u in AZ or how u think you could possibly know something in NY, but I am having my cams upgraded to GTM 272's since the BC stage 3's aren't going to be available for another few months. My last set of JWT cams were a bit chewed up so before they got any worse and broke down I brought it back to my tuner to resolve before any catastrophic failure occurred.
Yes, I've had my share of bad luck, but it was all part of the learning process.
What happened to the JWT cams? Do you mean the lobes wore off for some reason? What kind of valve springs were you using?

How did you notice they were chewed up?

I'm getting set to put a set of JWT cams in my new motor. Just wanting to make sure there's not any kind of manufacturing problem.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:05 AM
zmedic16

well i followed him to jersey to turbotrix to get his cams put in so i can drive him back home.... it didnt blow up on the way there??
Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 AM
rrmedicx

Originally Posted by __jb
What happened to the JWT cams? Do you mean the lobes wore off for some reason? What kind of valve springs were you using?

How did you notice they were chewed up?

I'm getting set to put a set of JWT cams in my new motor. Just wanting to make sure there's not any kind of manufacturing problem.

Idle not as smooth as I'd like it to be. I recycled the cams from the stock motor and then from the last build (that both blew) so my plans were always to replace them anyway (just didn't have the cash at that time). They had some very minor scars on them which I was told could be polished out. Besides the 272 GTM cams are supposed to be the bomb, so I had the interest in upgrading anyway.

Using JWT Springs and retainers.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:36 PM
rrmedicx

Originally Posted by LILjiMMYj0NES
Oh, so your the hack then.Problem solved.
Well Mr. Liljimmy know it all...I don't know your motive for coming on to this thread and starting a bunch of Sh*t. (Apparently you have a habit of doing this on other threads & forums as well.)
I don't know you and I know you don't know me. If you have something to say that doesn't involve this build that I suggest you take it offline! If you have a direct question you can PM me, but don't come on to just start BS about what you don't know.
My car is being worked on just as I described. I am upgrading cams because I feel that the ones I am currently running (JWT) have been damaged to the point where it could POTENTIALLY have a negative long term affect on my car. The current set-up is doing just fine making 530 rwhp with the help of TurboTrix tuning the ProEFI.

YES MY BUILD WAS NOT PERFECT from the start, but it was a learning process that I was not ashamed to share with all of you so hopefully you and the countless others could benefit from the results. I am a DIY type of person and Thousands of folks on this forum and other forums have thanked me for the hours and money I saved them in sharing my results.
I don't know if you are a mechanic or just another wanna be, and frankly I don't care, but I can tell you that I have earned the respect of a lot of the folks on this forum for coming out with the truth about my build despite my many issues. It takes guts to risk a $35,000 car and breaking it down to nuts and bolts. (Don't know how many times u did this?) I put out a lot of my own $$$ into this car and can say that the car now owns me. I am very fortunate to have had this experience and wouldn't trade it for the world. I don't need anyone telling me what to do or how to do it. Especially not you! So unless you have something constructive to offer I would appreciate you to BUTT OUT!
Old 07-27-2008, 05:07 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well Mr. Liljimmy know it all...I don't know your motive for coming on to this thread and starting a bunch of Sh*t. (Apparently you have a habit of doing this on other threads & forums as well.)
I don't know you and I know you don't know me. If you have something to say that doesn't involve this build that I suggest you take it offline! If you have a direct question you can PM me, but don't come on to just start BS about what you don't know.
My car is being worked on just as I described. I am upgrading cams because I feel that the ones I am currently running (JWT) have been damaged to the point where it could POTENTIALLY have a negative long term affect on my car. The current set-up is doing just fine making 530 rwhp with the help of TurboTrix tuning the ProEFI.

YES MY BUILD WAS NOT PERFECT from the start, but it was a learning process that I was not ashamed to share with all of you so hopefully you and the countless others could benefit from the results. I am a DIY type of person and Thousands of folks on this forum and other forums have thanked me for the hours and money I saved them in sharing my results.
I don't know if you are a mechanic or just another wanna be, and frankly I don't care, but I can tell you that I have earned the respect of a lot of the folks on this forum for coming out with the truth about my build despite my many issues. It takes guts to risk a $35,000 car and breaking it down to nuts and bolts. (Don't know how many times u did this?) I put out a lot of my own $$$ into this car and can say that the car now owns me. I am very fortunate to have had this experience and wouldn't trade it for the world. I don't need anyone telling me what to do or how to do it. Especially not you! So unless you have something constructive to offer I would appreciate you to BUTT OUT!
Well said Randy!
Old 07-27-2008, 06:37 PM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep up the good work man. I plan on going over your whole thread before I put my engine/car back together..don't worry about what other people say you know 99% just ******** anyways.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:12 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Idle not as smooth as I'd like it to be. I recycled the cams from the stock motor and then from the last build (that both blew) so my plans were always to replace them anyway (just didn't have the cash at that time). They had some very minor scars on them which I was told could be polished out. Besides the 272 GTM cams are supposed to be the bomb, so I had the interest in upgrading anyway.

Using JWT Springs and retainers.
Thanks for the information. It seems to me that the camshafts themselves weren't the issue, so I feel better.

I for one am very happy that you shared your build information with the community... especially all the pictures you took. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
go-fast
Banned

liljimmyjones
Attached Thumbnails Amazing Breakthrough following DIY Build-post-18-1097287402.jpg  
Old 07-28-2008, 11:17 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
liljimmyjones
hahahaha
Old 07-28-2008, 11:52 PM
LILjiMMYj0NES
Banned

liljimmyjones
LOL funny chit man..
Old 07-29-2008, 04:51 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by LILjiMMYj0NES
LOL funny chit man..
i have been saving that one for a while
Old 07-29-2008, 06:24 AM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been saving that one for a while

It was worth the wait, good timing. Lamo
Old 07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Back on topic...

Darren (hates to see a legit thread get douched up..)
Old 07-29-2008, 02:14 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Back on topic...

Darren (hates to see a legit thread get douched up..)

lol i dont think there isnt any drama randy hasnt seen since the thread was started... it was funny to see such an amateur job at trying to douched it up though, randy pwnd the guy well.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:08 PM
rrmedicx

Why Thank you Jorge. I hope to have some updates soon. I can't wait myself. Should hopefully be able to push more air through and do better than before.
We'll see.
Thanks for the support fella's.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
LILjiMMYj0NES
Banned

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
lol i dont think there isnt any drama randy hasnt seen since the thread was started... it was funny to see such an amateur job at trying to douched it up though, randy pwnd the guy well.
Got that right, Randy really PWNED me pal.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:14 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

don't take it personal, this are normal things in a message board either way you look at. I just hope you just see some of thing you brought up from a different perspective.

Have a good day
Old 08-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Jonathan Allyn

Randy your doing a stellar DIY job on this and it takes a lot of guts to do what you do. Dont pay any mind to lil-jimmy...

BTW - thanks for that radiator. Its as good today as it was when you sent it to me!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:27 PM
xcessiveskllzz

Hey Randy! I'll be getting tuned on the proefi soon. My G35 is at turbo trix, picking it up next week.

Quick Reply: Amazing Breakthrough following DIY Build