Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

10k too much?? wtf...livid!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 06:12 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10k too much?? wtf...livid!!!!

start by saying im in the army...in afghanistan right now. billing address and shipping address are both in the states.....

ok so yesterday all day long i was trying to get my APS TT Extreme kit able bought. i got sent an invoice from the seller on google for the kit and an exhaust for 10k. so i typed in my information and waited. 15 mins later google sends me another email saying that my account will not be authorized by them.

so it turns out the place i put for the shipping address has to match the address for billing with google or else they get skittish. i was trying to have the stuff sent to my gf's house in the next town over from my billing address.

so we tried again...new invoice and everything. i typed in everything the RIGHT way. however...this time, i got to where you enter your CC info which is the last step before they go through their verify process. wont even let them verify it just said cc is not valid....wtf??

so im pissed now...

so im like. F*** it lets try paypayl. so im wanting this kit like now so i decided since i dont have 10k in my paypal acct ill do a echeck and have it sent immediately. type everything in. seems it went through...hooray!!...go to bed. wake up in the morning...CANCELLED. now paypal is sensing something fishy it says...

could this be because my ip address and computer location are currently in afghanistan. how can i resolve this to make sure i can get my damn Twin Turbo kit already. if i were to call my bankand explain the situation, do you think we could get something resolved??

help...
Old 11-19-2007, 06:22 PM
TheProfessional

I have had to go so far as to get the bank on the phone and conference with a merchant to authorize a purchase.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by TheBlackPearlZ
start by saying im in the army...in afghanistan right now. billing address and shipping address are both in the states.....

ok so yesterday all day long i was trying to get my APS TT Extreme kit able bought. i got sent an invoice from the seller on google for the kit and an exhaust for 10k. so i typed in my information and waited. 15 mins later google sends me another email saying that my account will not be authorized by them.

so it turns out the place i put for the shipping address has to match the address for billing with google or else they get skittish. i was trying to have the stuff sent to my gf's house in the next town over from my billing address.

so we tried again...new invoice and everything. i typed in everything the RIGHT way. however...this time, i got to where you enter your CC info which is the last step before they go through their verify process. wont even let them verify it just said cc is not valid....wtf??

so im pissed now...

so im like. F*** it lets try paypayl. so im wanting this kit like now so i decided since i dont have 10k in my paypal acct ill do a echeck and have it sent immediately. type everything in. seems it went through...hooray!!...go to bed. wake up in the morning...CANCELLED. now paypal is sensing something fishy it says...

could this be because my ip address and computer location are currently in afghanistan. how can i resolve this to make sure i can get my damn Twin Turbo kit already. if i were to call my bankand explain the situation, do you think we could get something resolved??

help...
When companies do credit card processing you can have 3 options as far as address matching goes. You can have No match (means the billing zip and the shipping zip dont match) zip match (zip of the card and zip of the house are the same but the addresses are different or an Exact match (zips and addresses are the exact same).

It has nothing to do with the computer you are using, or where you are using it. It's a safety precaution taking by banks so that they can limit fraud to a minimum. They see it as someone could have stolen your credit card purchased a turbo kit and want it shipped to some random address.

And not only that but there could have been a limit on your account as well, (then again fraud protection) so that someone couldn't charge an absurd amount and get it shipped somewhere else and you're oblivious.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
IslandZavage

I'd wait till you get back.. You never know a vendor here might have a holiday sale,etc.. give yourself more time..
Old 11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a similar problem with VISA and Chase Bank. I wanted to charge an item, and ship in to a different address.

I solved the problem by contacting Chase Bank, and providing an alternative shipping address.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

this is ridulous....=[
Old 11-19-2007, 09:57 PM
myladyz33

on a side note please dont get the vs v3 kit its horrid everything else u plan is ok
Old 11-19-2007, 10:06 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

woah were cross referencing threads now hahaha. i was like...woah wrong topic. but yeah im not...keeping the stock look =]
Old 11-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
I had a similar problem with VISA and Chase Bank. I wanted to charge an item, and ship in to a different address.

I solved the problem by contacting Chase Bank, and providing an alternative shipping address.

Call the 1-800 number on the back of your credit card, get everything sorted out.

Get your mailing address added as a "verified shipping address" under your credit card comments field
Old 11-19-2007, 10:15 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7

Call the 1-800 number on the back of your credit card, get everything sorted out.

Get your mailing address added as a "verified shipping address" under your credit card comments field
yup im going to call them tomorrow when they open. i am so bummed now haha. this has been such a hastle
Old 11-20-2007, 12:21 AM
InZomniac

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7

I sell parts over the phone and internet and this is what you need to do. Just call the bank and tell them you need to add another authorized address.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

who are you buying from? I am sure a vendor on this forum that is an authorized dealer or a shop like GRD would be more than happy to take care of your order
Old 11-20-2007, 06:55 AM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Zivman
who are you buying from? I am sure a vendor on this forum that is an authorized dealer or a shop like GRD would be more than happy to take care of your order
well if someone wants to that would be great...i was buying from a warehouse vendor...any takers on someone with a way for me to pay.

i was offered APS Extreme for 8800
Old 11-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Zivman

well if someone wants to that would be great...i was buying from a warehouse vendor...any takers on someone with a way for me to pay.

i was offered APS Extreme for 8800
who do you plan on doing the install? I really encourage you to buy from an authorized APS dealer and have them do the install. I think you are from Indiana? I would definitely contact GRD and see what they can do for you on a complete install
Old 11-20-2007, 07:06 AM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Zivman
who do you plan on doing the install? I really encourage you to buy from an authorized APS dealer and have them do the install. I think you are from Indiana? I would definitely contact GRD and see what they can do for you on a complete install
i will contact GRD about purchasing with them...me, my dad, and my friend are doing the install however. will GRD price match/beat?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:18 AM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

actually how do i get in touch with them...their acct name on my350 only has like 20 posts and they havent been active since february...?? cant find them in google either??
Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 AM
synth19

Check your PM.

Genensis Racing & Development
875 N. Ellsworth Ave.
Villa Park, IL 60181
U.S.A

Tel: (630)834-5600
Fax: (630)834-5601
Old 11-20-2007, 07:53 AM
synth19

Sounds like a fun project. But I would suggest consulting with them and also bringing it back to GRD for the final tune. You want to do a cost/benefit analysis. I've seen plenty of ppl do an install themselves, but end up spending more $$$ due to messing up something during the install. Just take your time or have GRD do it. They back all their work so at least you'll have peace of mind.

i will contact GRD about purchasing with them...me, my dad, and my friend are doing the install however. will GRD price match/beat?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Zivman

actually how do i get in touch with them...their acct name on my350 only has like 20 posts and they havent been active since february...?? cant find them in google either??
GRD isn't much on the forums. They tend to feel they don't need the added drama in their lives... and I don't blame them
Seriously though, you are going to need a tune the way it is. You may have posted all this, but are you installing this on a built motor? Is the motor done yet? I would highly recommend having them do the install. I would hate for you to spend the big money and have an issue with something. Having GRD do the install will save a TON of potential headache down the road. Not only that, you can have confidence the install is correct. Nothing is worse than you installing it, getting it to your tuners shop and having an install related issue keeping you from getting tuned.

I have done the install on these kits, I have had a shop do a complete build and install, I have built a motor for these kits personally with the help of a close friend, had my car tuned numerous times, gone through a couple EMS... basically been down the road before. You are at a point where all the components you will need are available and the path is pretty clear on what needs to be done. Just a matter of correctly assembling those pieces. You can read about all the issues people are having with self installs, just in the last week or two... I don't need to mention specific names. I hate to see these types of issues. I feel lucky on my recent build that everything worked out, but it could have just as easily not. If the shop installs it, it is on their shoulder's to make it right.

Whatever you choose, I wish you the best of luck