Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Robert_K's JWT TT Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Why I ignore him. He's an APS nut hugger.
now you are just hurting my feelings I definitely think "nuthugger" is a bit demeaning and homophobic... I would have been fine with being called a fanboy
Old 01-23-2008, 08:07 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
I laughed out loud at that... maybe he can put his car on JWT's magic dyno and he can come back with a dyno chart of 700+ hp....

Greddy>JWT
Not to go OT, but Zivman...did you not see the dyno comparison that was done comparing the JWT Dyno Pack (that you refer to as magical) and the same exact car (untouched) on a different shops DynoJet??? If you didn't the results were within a few whp. with the DynoJet being the higher number. Here is the thread, READ POST #33. ....... https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ack+comparison
Nice try...I am sick of hearing about a magical or moon JWT dyno, just because we have made some great numbers.

Robert, I am truly sory for this OT post in your thread, but I get irritated about that.

Back on topic.........

When are you going to start your project ?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Not to go OT, but Zivman...did you not see the dyno comparison that was done comparing the JWT Dyno Pack (that you refer to as magical) and the same exact car (untouched) on a different shops DynoJet??? If you didn't the results were within a few whp. with the DynoJet being the higher number. Here is the thread, READ POST #33. ....... https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ack+comparison
Nice try...I am sick of hearing about a magical or moon JWT dyno, just because we have made some great numbers.
I am just playin' around in response to your APS comments...
Old 01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD

Robert, I am truly sory for this OT post in your thread, but I get irritated about that.

Back on topic.........

When are you going to start your project ?
LOL This thread has gone Off Topic so many times... Has far as "magical' dyno's. The X Dyno vs Y Dyno had been discussed so many times. I use the dyno as a tuning tool. I go back to the same dyno everytime. So these magical numbers won't be my case.

If you go the the first post you can find a count down. March 15th I drop off the car.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Zivman

If you go the the first post you can find a count down. March 15th I drop off the car.
How could you miss his countdown?

Dynos are tuning tools and after the limited amount of research I have done in regards to dynos, I believe dynapaks are definitely a good tuning tool. Consistency is key and they are arguably the best at that. They keep the variables to a minimum
Old 01-25-2008, 02:31 AM
NETSHARK

Robert what your gonna do with the A/F Ratio ? i know that you have the TXS Tuner, but i have a suggestion for you, you can do it 2 ways:

1: Replacing the stock Volt Gauge with it.
2: Canceling the Dual Pod A-Pillar and get a Triple 52mm A-Pillar and modifying it to fit the 2 Defi 60mm gauges.

its the Innovate DB Gauge, it perfectly matches the Defi Gauges, it can be hooked up to the Analog out of the Tuner which is 5V Signal.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=250&page=1
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s.../DB_manual.pdf
Old 01-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by NETSHARK
Robert what your gonna do with the A/F Ratio ? i know that you have the TXS Tuner, but i have a suggestion for you, you can do it 2 ways:

1: Replacing the stock Volt Gauge with it.
2: Canceling the Dual Pod A-Pillar and get a Triple 52mm A-Pillar and modifying it to fit the 2 Defi 60mm gauges.

its the Innovate DB Gauge, it perfectly matches the Defi Gauges, it can be hooked up to the Analog out of the Tuner which is 5V Signal.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=250&page=1
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s.../DB_manual.pdf
I'm going to mount the TXS Tuner in the stock cubby hole above the radio. Also going to place the DEFI-Link Display in there. (Hopefully both fit ) I'm thinking of placing the DEFI-Link control unit below the HVAC controls.
I'm not a fan of a the triple pillar. I drove my boddy's Evo with the triple pillar and felt like the top gauge was right in my left eye. Plus with the WB & Link Display in the cubby hole I can hide it.

Off Subject: Where are you located in Kuwait? I'm in Kuwait currently.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:28 AM
NETSHARK

I'm going to mount the TXS Tuner in the stock cubby hole above the radio. Also going to place the DEFI-Link Display in there. (Hopefully both fit ) I'm thinking of placing the DEFI-Link control unit below the HVAC controls.
I'm not a fan of a the triple pillar. I drove my boddy's Evo with the triple pillar and felt like the top gauge was right in my left eye. Plus with the WB & Link Display in the cubby hole I can hide it.

Off Subject: Where are you located in Kuwait? I'm in Kuwait currently.
Kewl am thinking of custom mouting the TXS Tuner and show its display only, i have an idea

When You Open the TXS Tuner you will see this:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...5012008129.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...5012008131.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...5012008133.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...5012008134.jpg

The LED Digits board is separated from the main board by pins, you can use a Ribbon Cable the one used in Computers the IDE Cable, or you can use the modern one the Round IDE Cable and mount the LED board on anywhere but the maximum distance is decided by the length of the IDE cable the maximum size i saw is 36 Inches long, so You only need to open a Hole for the illumination sensor and fabricate a Dark Glass or any Plastic Cover but u must open a hole for the sensor otherwise it will be too damn bright in the Dark.

I don`t know how you want to mount it but hope what i posted help u and help others also

Off Subject: am in Qurain near Sabah Al-Salem its located between the 6th and 7th Ring Road and between 30 and 40 roads, Dude We should meet sometime, a Z Event is coming soon they wanna shoot it by a TV Program but i still didn`t call the Orginizer because of my work schedule :/, i have to collect as much Z Owners as Possible :P PM me your number man am gonna call you if ur intersted to come i know the Z is in the US but your more than welcome anytime dude
Old 01-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Default HKS FCon V-Pro

So I'm considering when I return to the stated for good dumping the UTEC and going FCON. What do you all recommend with it? Complete package!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Rob

I'm very seriously thinking about getting the Haltech. The advantage I see of the Haltech over the FCON is that the Haltech is unlocked. Check some of the Haltech threads for more info, and also ask kevinapex, he has one in Colorado and has had a good experience with it.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Zivman

So I'm considering when I return to the stated for good dumping the UTEC and going FCON. What do you all recommend with it? Complete package!
there are at least 3 decent EMS options now - Haltech, ProEFI, and Fcon...

Get everything if you get the Fcon. An EMS decision is something you want to discuss with your tuner so figure out who is tuning it and then make your decision. In my case, my tuner is HKS pro certed, so the fact that the Fcon is locked down doesn't matter
Old 01-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Rob

I'm very seriously thinking about getting the Haltech. The advantage I see of the Haltech over the FCON is that the Haltech is unlocked. Check some of the Haltech threads for more info, and also ask kevinapex, he has one in Colorado and has had a good experience with it.
I'm leaning towards the FCON of its success. Plus it makes its own adjustments when need. Just figured if I'm going to buy another EMS, might as well get the best. Still need to do more research.

On another note, my Cosworth should be here the end of this week.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:11 PM
InjectedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I'm leaning towards the FCON of its success. Plus it makes its own adjustments when need. Just figured if I'm going to buy another EMS, might as well get the best. Still need to do more research.

On another note, my Cosworth should be here the end of this week.

Nice to hear about the Cosworth Intake Manny.

If you have any questions about Haltech feel free to give Hal or myself a buzz. You wil not be dissapointed.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by Primo8998
Nice to hear about the Cosworth Intake Manny.

If you have any questions about Haltech feel free to give Hal or myself a buzz. You wil not be dissapointed.
Thanks again!!!

As far as the Haltech I'm unsure. I keep saying I need to do more research but haven't. I'm leaning more towards the FCON cause of its great rep. But... I need to research both.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:43 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

why would you post in the thread for FI owners when you don't have FI running in your car?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:56 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by doug
why would you post in the thread for FI owners when you don't have FI running in your car?
What? Maybe you need to start on page one of this thread.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:40 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

What? Maybe you need to start on page one of this thread.
I did, but we are in Feb.. not March.. unless i missed something else
Old 02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Cosworth came in! Wife took pics for me.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:27 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW!!! Looks clean. Are you going to need that spacer for after market fuel rails??? Just planning ahead?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
WOW!!! Looks clean. Are you going to need that spacer for after market fuel rails??? Just planning ahead?
Thanks! Once I build my engine and upgrade to a fuel return system I'll need the Cosworth spacer.

Quick Reply: Robert_K's JWT TT Build Thread