Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Si TRIM VORTECH.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:23 AM
JET MECH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one thing i noticed inside of the diffuser body of the vortech unit is that the aluminum casting is very rough inside, such as like a none ported cylinder head or intake manifold. i wondered if there would be gains to be had if this area was smoothed out and polished?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Hexxum001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JET MECH
Definately interested!!!!!!! This is what i will do. once i get my supercharger back from vortech (which should be this week), i will have my old sc trim impeller in the box with my supercharger. i will loan it out to you Quamen to do some research with it and get the ball rolling on this project.
Great idea!! I would definitely be interested in this too. Wow, there is some good stuff starting to come out for SC's. I really wanna see hoe this Si trim performs first though. Keep us updated!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:45 PM
JET MECH

You will all be kept in the loop on my projects.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Quamen

Installing an impeller is super easy and can easily be done by someone with an impact wrench and some allen wrenches.

While the Si trim looks promising I think it would be neat to have a modification that the average joe can install himself instead of sending the head unit out and having their car down for an indefinite period of time. Only thing is that the car would need to be tuned of course for the new found air flow.

I will send my impeller/volute out as it should only be gone for about 45 days.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:05 PM
JET MECH

double post, sorry.............

Last edited by JET MECH; 12-24-2007 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:06 PM
JET MECH

Originally Posted by Quamen
Installing an impeller is super easy and can easily be done by someone with an impact wrench and some allen wrenches.

While the Si trim looks promising I think it would be neat to have a modification that the average joe can install himself instead of sending the head unit out and having their car down for an indefinite period of time. Only thing is that the car would need to be tuned of course for the new found air flow.

I will send my impeller/volute out as it should only be gone for about 45 days.
keep us posted please........Thank You.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:47 PM
JET MECH

Just got my supercharger back from vortech with the Si-trim upgrade! they did not ship me back my old Sc-trim compressor wheel so i will have to call Mariano from vortech after the holidays and make sure i get my old parts back. from visually looking at the s/c head unit i will tell you what the differences are that i can see between the new Si-trim and the old Sc-trim. first off the compressor wheel has deeper blades with a more aggressive curvature starting at the blade root extending to the tip across the leading edge of the blade. the blades protrude out farther into the intake track of the volute. secondly i pulled off the the volute to inspect the unit further and i found the compressor discharge area/slit in the volute has been opened up slightly, probably to increase the cfm the unit put's out.the gear box has not been modified what so ever so that is the same. the unit has been cleaned up and looks brand new again. i will be reinstalling the s/c tonight, stay tuned for first driving impressions. i will not be running the z hard untill i get it re-tuned at GTM. I will be paying close attension to my A/F ratios and boost during the first test drive . STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Quamen

Just got my supercharger back from vortech with the Si-trim upgrade! they did not ship me back my old Sc-trim compressor wheel so i will have to call Mariano from vortech after the holidays and make sure i get my old parts back. from visually looking at the s/c head unit i will tell you what the differences are that i can see between the new Si-trim and the old Sc-trim. first off the compressor wheel has deeper blades with a more aggressive curvature starting at the blade root extending to the tip across the leading edge of the blade. the blades protrude out farther into the intake track of the volute. secondly i pulled off the the volute to inspect the unit further and i found the compressor discharge area/slit in the volute has been opened up slightly, probably to increase the cfm the unit put's out.the gear box has not been modified what so ever so that is the same. the unit has been cleaned up and looks brand new again. i will be reinstalling the s/c tonight, stay tuned for first driving impressions. i will not be running the z hard untill i get it re-tuned at GTM. I will be paying close attension to my A/F ratios and boost during the first test drive . STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures of the impeller please!
Old 12-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Hexxum001

Great news!! I can't wait to hear and see the results!!
Old 12-24-2007, 05:34 PM
JET MECH

i will get pic's tommorow. i think my girlfreind got me a new camera for X-mas, we will see tommorow!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Quamen

i will get pic's tommorow. i think my girlfreind got me a new camera for X-mas, we will see tommorow!
Gotta love Xmas!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Quamen

Pics?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Hexxum001

Pics?
+1,000,000!!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:15 AM
JET MECH

Wink

Pics?
Sorry guys but i had to leave for cali at the last minute, i just got back in town! my good freind just bought natve4ply's vortech supercharged z and i had to give him a ride out there to pic it up, the car is SWEET! i am going to take some pic's tonight of my supercharger. just before i left for cali i re-installed my s/c so i am sorry i did not take any pic's of the compressor wheel with the volute removed. i did not feel like pulling it back off again to take pic's seeing i lock tighted the bolts and tourqed them.i will take pic's of the inlet side of the s/c so you can see the difference in the compressor wheel from that view.I need to call Mariano at vortech today to get my old SC-trim compressor wheel back and if you want i can snap some pic's of that sitting on my work bench.

Last edited by JET MECH; 12-28-2007 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:31 AM
JET MECH

OH YEAH! and that camera i was getting for x-mas, it turned out to be a cannon powershot a560 7.1 mega pixles with a 2 gb sd card. not a bad camera! still trying to figure out all of the little creature features on this baby.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:00 PM
JET MECH

here are some pic's. i am still trying to figure this camera out! sorry for the quality of the pic's.
Attached Thumbnails Si TRIM VORTECH.-new-z-pics-022.jpg   Si TRIM VORTECH.-new-z-pics-028.jpg   Si TRIM VORTECH.-new-z-pics-024.jpg   Si TRIM VORTECH.-new-z-pics-026.jpg  
Old 12-28-2007, 05:04 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rims look Good.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:08 PM
JET MECH

thanks man!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Hexxum001

I love it. When are you gonna get that bad boy up on the dyno?? Are you going to GTM?? If you are, hit me up. I'd like to check it out in person. I still gotta get back to GTM myself for a quick dyno session.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:37 PM
JET MECH

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11PSI AT 5000RPM. i did not push it any further because my A/F's were going super lean after 5000 rpm. this thing sounds like a old v1 vortech, very very loud blower whine. 3rd gear, 60 mph, 3500 rpm pushing to half throttle the rear end was breaking loose all over the place. i will include more details tommorow. this looks very promissing guys!!!!

Quick Reply: Si TRIM VORTECH.