Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Installing Greddy TT kit myself...advice/tips

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drift_projekt_Z
yea i got it used. also i was reading greddy's instructions, whats the brake check valve?? mine doesnt have it, sso could i run the kit without it? also, my power steering cooler, should i just bend it back into the fenderwell like how turbonetics does??
Not sure what brake check valve you are speaking of...Myabe I'm forgetting something.
But if you did the power steering cooler mod relocator from the turbonetics install, then you can skip that step.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:01 PM
QuadCam

Originally Posted by drift_projekt_Z
yea i got it used. also i was reading greddy's instructions, whats the brake check valve?? mine doesnt have it, sso could i run the kit without it? also, my power steering cooler, should i just bend it back into the fenderwell like how turbonetics does??

the brake check valve is the same as the one that's already installed into your brake booster vacuum line. I didn't install mine.....what's the sense of having 2 check valves in the same vacuum line?
Old 02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
NETSHARK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCam
the brake check valve is the same as the one that's already installed into your brake booster vacuum line. I didn't install mine.....what's the sense of having 2 check valves in the same vacuum line?
Sorry for hijack OP, but can i take a Vacuum/Boost signal for the Vacuum Manifold from the Brake Booster Line ? i mean this one :

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/twinc...MANIFOLDsm.jpg

so i can put it inline between the Plenum and the Brake Line does it affect anything, any drawback please ?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:25 PM
QuadCam

If I were you and yu want a nice big, clean vacuum source............drill and tap the upper plenum cover for a dedicated vacuum source. right under the big nipple for the brake booster, there is a nice flat space where you can drill and tap the plenum. here's how I did it on mine. As you can see, I them ran a -6AN line to a vacuum manifold, where I made all the vacuum/boost connections for everything having to do with the turbos/EMS.