Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Haltech Launch Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:55 PM
kevinapex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haltech Launch Control

I spoke with Hal today about the launch control, this is called aux. rev limit in the Haltech software. It is so easy to set up. Set where you want to cut fuel based upon rpm, I put in 3000. send the changes to the haltech, good to go. I have not had a chance to try this on the street yet, SNOW IN DRIVE but I will soon. Hold in the button stuff the accelerator pedal to the floor and the motor will only rev to the pre-set point you have asigned. Let off the button the motor revs to redline. This option will help lots at the track off the line to help find a balance between spin and traction. Still working button location. Thanks Hal, Injected Performance
Kevin
Heres a pict. of the main set up page for the parameters. Short vid. below.

http://media.putfile.com/2Step-71
Old 01-15-2008, 06:11 PM
hr2burn

That sound will be in my dreams tonight, just killer!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Triji

Interesting... Nice sound, love the avatar!!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by kevinapex
I spoke with Hal today about the launch control, this is called aux. rev limit in the Haltech software. It is so easy to set up. Set where you want to cut fuel based upon rpm, I put in 3000. send the changes to the haltech, good to go. I have not had a chance to try this on the street yet, SNOW IN DRIVE but I will soon. Hold in the button stuff the accelerator pedal to the floor and the motor will only rev to the pre-set point you have asigned. Let off the button the motor revs to redline. This option will help lots at the track off the line to help find a balance between spin and traction. Still working button location. Thanks Hal, Injected Performance
Kevin
Heres a pict. of the main set up page for the parameters. Short vid. below.

http://media.putfile.com/2Step-71

Thats really cool! too bad it's just a rev limit and not an anti-lag feature. (not to steal from your thread) but we were messing around with the Pro-EFI anti-lag and at your given RPM it builds 10 psi instantaneously on a turbonetics equipped Z.

Your car is a beast btw! good job.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
Thats really cool! too bad it's just a rev limit and not an anti-lag feature. (not to steal from your thread) but we were messing around with the Pro-EFI anti-lag and at your given RPM it builds 10 psi instantaneously on a turbonetics equipped Z.

you can try it with the Fcon as well both launch control and boost buildup
Old 01-15-2008, 07:04 PM
hr2burn

10 PSI? Wouldn't that just cause some serious tire spin at the 60 ft mark instead of launch? I guess we will see how the Haltech works in 3 months! Either way power to the Z's (especially the T.N. Z's!!!)
Old 01-15-2008, 07:09 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

crazy you need such an $$$ unit for that simple option. The cobb AP for STI's etc have that standard for <700$. wonder why its not a common feature???
Old 01-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds good Kevin, now put some slicks on it and hit the track so you can start breaking parts

str8dum1, in most cases people aren't spending the money just for two-step. They are spending it for a top-notch standalone fuel, ignition and cam timing controller. Speed based boost control, knock detection, datalogging, AF feedback, two-step etc are just some of the bonuses that come with it

Intense, Haltech has antilag as well, but at this time I don't see any 6speed guys running turbos big enough to need antilag - especially the turbonetics kit which spools right now. Why stress the turbo(s) and manifolds if it is not necessary? These aren't GT55 91mm powered 3liter supras we are trying to launch, for the most part they are street cars with fast-spooling twins.

Originally Posted by IntenseFab

Old 01-15-2008, 10:13 PM
tyrone coupe

what button are you refering to, I did not get a button with my Haltec is it an add on?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:15 PM
sa@lol

Originally Posted by tyrone coupe
what button are you refering to, I did not get a button with my Haltec is it an add on?
1+ ???
Old 01-15-2008, 11:45 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by hr2burn
10 PSI? Wouldn't that just cause some serious tire spin at the 60 ft mark instead of launch? I guess we will see how the Haltech works in 3 months! Either way power to the Z's (especially the T.N. Z's!!!)
Not if you had tires that could handle the power It might snap an axle though
Old 01-16-2008, 12:32 AM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a FYI, if you use the anti-lag feature on any EMS, you must make sure you have inconel turbos, if not you will severely damage your turbos and reduce the life of them significantly.

I use this feature on my EVO occasionally, and with the AWD it just sling shots off the line! Its truly awesome

Nice car Kevin!

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 01-16-2008, 05:26 AM
MR RIZK

I assume it pulls the signal from the ASCD switch on the clutch pedal.
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2008, 06:38 AM
kevinapex

When the secondary rev limiter is enabled, pin B12 needs to rest in the grounded position. To activate the auxilary rev limiter, lift the ground from B12
The button I put in is a normally closed switch, so when the switch is depressed the circut between ground and B12 is opened, allowing the aux. rev to engage. When the switch is relesed ground is applied to the circut.
Make sure you don't use a normaly open switch for this or the aux. rev will engage without the switch being pushed!
Kevin
Old 01-17-2008, 10:07 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Just a FYI, if you use the anti-lag feature on any EMS, you must make sure you have inconel turbos, if not you will severely damage your turbos and reduce the life of them significantly.

I use this feature on my EVO occasionally, and with the AWD it just sling shots off the line! Its truly awesome

Nice car Kevin!

-George
GT Motorsports
Not that I have to "worry" about this feature since I have a 5AT, but do you know off the top of your head which turbos are inconel and which are not? I suppose connecting this signal to a line lock would work on a 5AT for launch control? So if a TC stall is set to 3200, set the launch control to 3200, engage line lock, hit full throttle, and upon release both the aux rev limit and the brakes let go?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by str8dum1
crazy you need such an $$$ unit for that simple option. The cobb AP for STI's etc have that standard for <700$. wonder why its not a common feature???
Well, the Cobb AP does offer the feature, but the factory ECU has a safety algorithm built in that cuts timing to holy hell when it sees the throttle fully depressed and clutch engaged at the same time - hence, it doesn't work effectively = use it and your car will be slower...

I know Cobb is working on a fix, but as of now it sucks!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:08 PM
kevinapex

It's all done, I added a normaly closed micro switch at the bottom travel of the clutch, so when the clutch is all the way to the floor the Haltech will only let it rev. to pre-set, 2k, 3k, 8k, whatever you choose. Once you let off the clutch motor revs to redline.
I also added a over-ride toggel switch so when the switch is off, system works like above discribed, when toggel is set to the on position, reguardless of clutch position motor will rev to redline.
Thanks Hal for the help, Haltech master!

Switch for the clutch- switch normaly closed.

Solder leads to switch/ ground one side to frame

Shrink wrap leads on switch

Clutch assembly

Drill hole in stop to locate switch

Switch location, clutch assembly back in car

Over-ride togg. switch location

Done

Last edited by kevinapex; 01-18-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:18 PM
hr2burn

Wow! you got yourself in that tiny spot on floor board! Why the hell were you making me adjust your clutch then?!

P.S. Clean install as always and CLEVER!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:34 PM
nfo184

where can i get it? and how much does the whole kit cost?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:35 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Pm HAL@IP

Quick Reply: Haltech Launch Control