Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Si-Trim blown up already

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Floridaboy1605

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Si-Trim blown up already

Hey guys just wanted to let you all know my si trim has blown up already..
Old 02-02-2008, 03:11 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

say what?

the blower has failed already?

what's it doing exactly?
Old 02-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Sean

subbing. Sorry for your loss.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Floridaboy1605

it was making an ear piercing sound so I took off the filter and the charger itself was leaking oil!!!!!!! ALOT!!! It was also making the same noise my last three chargers made when they failed!!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Quamen

How and why are you going through blowers so quick?
Old 02-02-2008, 03:50 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hmm leaking oil, is definately a different problem than the spun bearings that vortech as been warrantying.

that really sucks!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:52 PM
sentry65
the burninator

yeah, that really sucks, especially being the 4th bad blower you've dealt with.

If it was a bearing issue again, I don't know what I'd be thinking of vortech right now
Old 02-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Quamen

It sounds like a bad case or shaft possibly. If neither of those have been replaced there is the chance that they are not straight or something else which may lead to the repeated blower failure.

Note: Before anyone flames understand that I rebuild superchargers part time and I know first hand that the assembly goes well beyond just good bearings and seals for a rebuild to be any good. OP, please understand I am not saying you did something to it, I am just saying that depending on who rebuilt it there is a good chance they may not have noticed something that could be quite crucial such as a rough spot on the shaft near the seal or something.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Floridaboy1605

yea I'm def done with vortech now and going to powerlab!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 04:09 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

vortech isnt sending out rebuilt blowers, at least in my case it was a brand new unit.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Driven1
Professional

OMG! Im sorry to hear that bro. I can't believe the horrible luck you've had with them.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:17 PM
JET MECH

that sucks, sorry to hear of your problems.i agree with Quamen, sounds like a particular discreapencey with that one blower, the tolerences on that unit might not be to spec. that supercharger head unit needs to be gone over with a mic and magnifing glass. probably just a lemon.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:40 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Originally Posted by str8dum1
vortech isnt sending out rebuilt blowers, at least in my case it was a brand new unit.
yeah but I thought vortech did rebuild his. At least from his earlier thread that's how I understood it
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/329533-vortech-difference-in-si-trim-and-t-trim.html
Old 02-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Floridaboy1605

They did rebuild it twice then they offered me a ttrim but then sent me the si trim and yeah its f*ked so now im going to call them and say i want my money back cause this is just stupid and move on to the powerlab!!!!!! FTMFW
Old 02-02-2008, 05:16 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Great choice on going Powerlab! I got to hear a Z on the dyno with a Powerlab kit, and I love it. I'm sure you'll be extremely impressed. Hope all goes well for you!!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:17 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Floridaboy1605
They did rebuild it twice then they offered me a ttrim but then sent me the si trim and yeah its f*ked so now im going to call them and say i want my money back cause this is just stupid and move on to the powerlab!!!!!! FTMFW

+1 do it once do it right
Old 02-02-2008, 08:12 PM
jksstar

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have tried to get my money back, it has not happened yet. I'm on my 4th s/c with them and still under 2,000 miles on my kit. If you are able to get your money back please let me know.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Floridaboy1605

Sh*t ill get it back one way or another you just gotta know who and how to talk to them!!
Old 02-03-2008, 06:05 AM
XKR

yea I'm def done with vortech now and going to powerlab!!!
I am not a Vortech fan...but they have been around for a long time, and with that they have sold many units , and when you sell that many you will have problems with some of them.

But you say you are going to Powerlab, but their Kit have NOT been sold to the public as yet. I have been around this game for a while and have seen hype after hype about new products from companies.....and have seen most of them go up like New Years fireworks.

I am not saying Powerlab does not have a good product....and I am not saying they do either......their kit has not been proven in daily use as yet.

Yes, I have seen the Dyno sheets and yes they make power....but can they stand up to the beating that most of you put Kits through?.....that has not been proven as yet.

All I am saying is, you have had bad luck with the turbo system you have now....so why jump into something thats this new...not even out yet? You should be considering at this point something that will make you a believer in FI again

Like I said before...I am not a fan of Vortech....and I will never buy one...but thats my opinion.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Quamen

Originally Posted by XKR
I am not a Vortech fan...but they have been around for a long time, and with that they have sold many units , and when you sell that many you will have problems with some of them.

But you say you are going to Powerlab, but their Kit have NOT been sold to the public as yet. I have been around this game for a while and have seen hype after hype about new products from companies.....and have seen most of them go up like New Years fireworks.

I am not saying Powerlab does not have a good product....and I am not saying they do either......their kit has not been proven in daily use as yet.

Yes, I have seen the Dyno sheets and yes they make power....but can they stand up to the beating that most of you put Kits through?.....that has not been proven as yet.

All I am saying is, you have had bad luck with the turbo system you have now....so why jump into something thats this new...not even out yet? You should be considering at this point something that will make you a believer in FI again

Like I said before...I am not a fan of Vortech....and I will never buy one...but thats my opinion.
That does make sense. Basically like the Turbonetics ST and the hype about it when it first came out. Then some people started having overboost problems. Regardless if the problems were from a mod they put on the kit that it wasn't designed for or if it was a design issue it was something that very few were ready for and it cost them alot of money.

Quick Reply: Si-Trim blown up already