Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

MRC Officially Power Lab dealers!! Who wants?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 06:52 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
Would it be possible to use a smaller FMIC so the crash bar doesn't have to be cut? Possibly using the Greddy FMIC instead? This kit is really looking like a very nice single turbo setup the more i research and hear about these turbo's on other cars..

actually what has to be cut is very minor, you will basically retain the full crash bar.

The greddy fmic doesnt fit witht he crash bar at all actually...you would have to cut it completly and only have "the sides" of it left....not to mention its not compatible with the PL kit anyways

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-20-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
actually what has to be cut is very minor, you will basically retain the full crash bar.

The greddy fmic doesnt fit witht he crash bar at all actually...you would have to cut it completly and only have "the sides" of it left....not to mention its not compatible with the PL kit anyways
Sounds good. Thnks. The GT35R turbo i'm thinkn might be a better choice for me as far as where i drive the most. The price from MRC also looks solid. Good stuff!

Last edited by Highway Riding; 05-20-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:09 PM
UMW350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm guessing this is my kit?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:14 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
I'm guessing this is my kit?
ys julian is talking to you
Old 05-22-2008, 07:54 AM
UMW350Z

Hmm no call yet, must be waiting on the GReddy stuff. No worries, Still need to get my car inspected this saturday. GEICO is hold me up since they can't seem to send the right insurance card....what a bunch of jamoaks.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm no call yet, must be waiting on the GReddy stuff. No worries, Still need to get my car inspected this saturday. GEICO is hold me up since they can't seem to send the right insurance card....what a bunch of jamoaks.
I got GEICO too.... It took them 6 tries to send me the correct decleration to provide to my bank!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:05 AM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by SlideFox
I got GEICO too.... It took them 6 tries to send me the correct decleration to provide to my bank!

They try and be so nice on the phone so it distracts you from their incompetence
Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 AM
IIQuickSilverII

They try and be so nice on the phone so it distracts you from their incompetence
that sums it up.....

the wait will be all worth it though... your car should turn out pretty nice
Old 05-22-2008, 09:28 AM
UMW350Z

Yea i am really excited. The Z was loosing flavor, this will kick it up a notch...BAM.

I was really about to sell it and get out of the game with gas going skyhigh, i'm not ballin out of control like some of the guys on this forum. This is really a car I want to keep forever.

The only thing is the the NJ roads arn't getting any better, I can't even boost safely (read: without potholes) on the highway outside my house. Hitting a pothole in boost is begging to wreck. There are some decent reoads, but you gotta go through a slew of holes to get to them....you can't win
Old 05-22-2008, 09:41 AM
UMW350Z

Back on topic...

Slide...i just saw that I am going to loose my windshield wiper fluid resirvoiur???? really??
Old 05-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Highway Riding

Yea i am really excited. The Z was loosing flavor, this will kick it up a notch...BAM.

I was really about to sell it and get out of the game with gas going skyhigh, i'm not ballin out of control like some of the guys on this forum. This is really a car I want to keep forever.

The only thing is the the NJ roads arn't getting any better, I can't even boost safely (read: without potholes) on the highway outside my house. Hitting a pothole in boost is begging to wreck. There are some decent reoads, but you gotta go through a slew of holes to get to them....you can't win
I'm in the same boat bro... this is why my first choice was to get a Vortech SC but the noise is just un-bareable for me. The roads by me are brutal too.. So with that said i'm still trying to decide between greddy twins or this kit.. either way boost is the way to go. All my buddies cars are boosted and no one really has had any horror stories of over boosting from peeling out when hitting a pothole (or however one would pop from those circumstances).. But none are boosted z's..
Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
I'm in the same boat bro... this is why my first choice was to get a Vortech SC but the noise is just un-bareable for me. The roads by me are brutal too.. So with that said i'm still trying to decide between greddy twins or this kit.. either way boost is the way to go. All my buddies cars are boosted and no one really has had any horror stories of over boosting from peeling out when hitting a pothole (or however one would pop from those circumstances).. But none are boosted z's..

I'm concerned about wrecking, not overboosting. The rev limiter will be there and the boost is set by spring pressure. I except very very little to no boost creep or spike
Old 05-22-2008, 10:02 AM
IIQuickSilverII

well you get to basically keep the crash bar with teh PL if you are concern about safety(wrecks)
With greddy you have to cut the crash bar completly and only have the "sides" left"
Old 05-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Highway Riding

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
well you get to basically keep the crash bar with teh PL if you are concern about safety(wrecks)
With greddy you have to cut the crash bar completly and only have the "sides" left"
Funny i asked the same Q.. My buddy has an RX with a FMIC (had to remove the crash bar completey to install) and barely tapped someone from behind and had to get a new FMIC cause he busted the fins up pretty good. So i guess it is re-assuring to know that ur just modifying it as oppsoed to completley cutting it out or removing it..
Old 05-22-2008, 10:22 AM
UMW350Z

The FMIC+Crashbar was an issue for me too. I wasn't going to get rid of it because of the simtuation described above. PL seems to have a winner here, I'm getting all antsy in the pantsy for it!!

I wanted to remove my front plate, fill in the bracket mounting holes and reshoot my front end to help with airflow...but I don't need a simple reason for cops to pull me over.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:25 AM
SlideFox

Back on topic...

Slide...i just saw that I am going to loose my windshield wiper fluid resirvoiur???? really??
Unfortunately, Yes.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:28 AM
UMW350Z

Can i just source a smaller one? I could cut mine, use a soldering gun to melt it back together and make a smaller one
Old 05-22-2008, 10:30 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Can i just source a smaller one? I could cut mine, use a soldering gun to melt it back together and make a smaller one
yeah talk to J, he can probably relocated it for you or try somethign else like a container similar to the tanks you use for meth kits that can stay hiden on below the passenger side headlight.. Its not a big deal, hell figure something out

THe FMIC is pretty big as you can see on this picture from jeffie:

sorry for the crappy pic but here you get an idea how it fits with crash bar:

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-22-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:32 AM
SlideFox

I was thinking the same thing. I saw a Z at Intense getting a Powerlab kit getting installed, and nver realized how HUGE the resevoir was. The pumps are all on the bottom, and I was thinking if you cut it in half and cut the top off for the filler neck and melt the two plastic sides together.... it might work!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:53 AM
UMW350Z

I will have Julian look into it while he is in there...I rarely use it. Hell, I might as well take off thw wiper blades too...havn't driven it in the rain since last year coming back from the beach! I kid...don't worry...

That is a big effin intercooler!

The turbo lag must get pretty bad over about 500-550 whpr, don't you think?

Quick Reply: MRC Officially Power Lab dealers!! Who wants?