Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:28 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ninceEE! Can i ask you a question? how long did take you to receive a vortech?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:24 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cass007
I see you went with the Bud Light option - I think that is good for at least 10whp on the butt dyno .

Looks good and best of luck Tyler, I know it has been a long road for you to get here.

yes sir its been quite the road getting to this point..but its comin together now...thanks guys. i will update later tonight hopefully
Old 02-19-2009, 08:25 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by Chef-J
ninceEE! Can i ask you a question? how long did take you to receive a vortech?

i ended up getting it from a vendor and it took about a week to get here, but it was a whole process of going turbonetics, then decided to sell it and get this kit and just lotts of hassle getting to this point i guess.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:26 AM
MUZZY

Make sure to read my installation guide, there are some tools you need that are not clear
Old 02-19-2009, 09:47 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by MUZZY
Make sure to read my installation guide, there are some tools you need that are not clear

lol...ur thread was helpful, i followed it and looked at ur pics while doing the fuel lines and inline pump and etc. i appreciate it man.

goin back up to work on it in about an hour or so, just waitin on this damn maf housing still
Old 02-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
i ended up getting it from a vendor and it took about a week to get here, but it was a whole process of going turbonetics, then decided to sell it and get this kit and just lotts of hassle getting to this point i guess.
that was fast. i'm still waitting for mine..humm about 2 weeks now?...lol can't wait!!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 AM
tylerxfire

kinda curious, ive looked at pics, but when re mounting the power steering cooler, how are u guys doing this, from what i see it looks like the long black zip tie kinda deal pushes right through and clips, but i really don't know and can't tell from the pics and didnt wanna push it through and mess somethin up, so i didn't reinstall it last night till i know..
Old 02-20-2009, 08:21 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^That's how I did mine. Definately a good time to order a slightly larger one. I think I got mine from Summit for ~$20.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:58 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by iStan
^That's how I did mine. Definately a good time to order a slightly larger one. I think I got mine from Summit for ~$20.
thanks man, was hesitant to push it right throught the cooler and radiator, but if thats how its done..
Old 02-20-2009, 08:59 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, mine is attached to the condenser. My Fans are attached to the radiator in the same fashion. Just don't go all gorilla pushing it through.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:01 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by iStan
Yeah, mine is attached to the condenser. My Fans are attached to the radiator in the same fashion. Just don't go all gorilla pushing it through.

lol...thanks bro
Old 02-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MORE or

Stop teasing Tyler....we expect pic updates daily!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
tylerxfire

lol...ill update with some pics i took today after i get some food in me.... got alot done actually
Old 02-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Car vs. Driver

If you can, mount it a little higher so it's not sandwiched between the FMIC and the radiator. Want to make sure it gets some air.

Alternatively, you can extend the soft lines and move it somewhere else entirely.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM
tylerxfire

Default update

heres some pics i got today, i plan to make my own thread at the end but this thread will be good for if i need info... one question anybody think about filing down those bolts or anything that the belt runs real close to, or has anyone had problems with the belt rubbing anywhere on the bolts from the motor, also the belt where it runs next to the blower..(ill take pics tomorrow)....also after the blower and everything was mounted i noticed an extra spacer on the work bench??anybody come across anything extra in their hardware kits? positive i put all the spacers on i beleive but will double check again tomorrow. everything is sitting and spinning and not touching anything at the moment and seems like everything is cleared back away from any moving parts and straight, just like i said few of those bolts seemed real close to look at..

didn't get any pics of the interior apart with wiring but its real straight forward and i soldered all of them instead of clips and shrink wrapped...came out great, just gotta finish the intercooler and piping and few more things, but its comin together
Attached Thumbnails Vortech Installation-return-line-cpnnected.jpg   Vortech Installation-ss-box-mounted.jpg   Vortech Installation-oil-feed-line-with-blower-mounted.jpg   Vortech Installation-blower-in-place-with-pipes-and-intercooler-in-position.jpg   Vortech Installation-kit-mounted-up-top-view.jpg  

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-20-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Car vs. Driver

The engine cover bolts, yes they are VERY close up by the jackshaft pulley. I took a grinder to them to add some clearance and still left enough to get a socket on there.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Car vs. Driver

I just noticed, it looks like you have the COG tensioner pulley bolt on backwards .. the nut should be toward the front of the car, not the back. You'll blow the bearings in the pulley if you do it the way you have it.

See how mine is setup...
Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 PM
tylerxfire

yeah i plan to grind them a little tomorrow just to be safe....and yeah i actually just looked at ur picture while i was eating and realized that, then i looked at muzzy's and he has it like i do...ill change it like u said tomorrow or at least look back at the instructions, i don't have them here at my house, does it say to do it like u have?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:17 PM
tylerxfire

yeah i see what u are saying though, it should def. be changed around..thanks
Old 02-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Car vs. Driver

Do a quick search, there was a bit of debate around how it should be setup and that it wasn't really clear in the installation manual (which is really just a rough guide).

Quick Reply: Vortech Installation