Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

How to build a custom Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:40 PM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue660r01
Can everyone fight in a pool of sardines?
your damn right!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:44 PM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

sorry to the guy that started this thread, i know we f'd up your thread, it just those stupid *** people out there that "know" everything! lol and they just graduated high school.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Zridder19

Originally Posted by GetYouSum350z
sorry to the guy that started this thread, i know we f'd up your thread, it just those stupid *** people out there that "know" everything! lol and they just graduated high school.
Umm buddy, I believe you were the one that called me out in the first place, dont even start some bullchit like that.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

Originally Posted by Zridder19
And we laugh @ no0bs like you guys that come on here thinkin you can just say something and make it happen your own way. But like it was discussed before, its not cost efficient, nor time efficient, and has a poor powerband compared to doing the VQ. But hey, if you wanna do it, then by all means go ahead.

ahhh actually you started it right here, you automatically thought i was a noob. assumption is never a good thing
Old 04-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Zridder19

Thats the thing, you are a noob..

i.e. Join date : July 2007. = Noob. Same with the person that started this thread. Im just giving you are warm welcome to the community. As you are here more, you will see that no0b is thrown around a lot. So try not to get so butt hurt next time
Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 PM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

understandable being a noob to the forum but that has no effect on being a noob to the car scene. so in your mindset, you yourself have only been in the scene since nov 06, yeah, your smart
Old 04-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Zridder19

understandable being a noob to the forum but that has no effect on being a noob to the car scene. so in your mindset, you yourself have only been in the scene since nov 06, yeah, your smart

Like I said, just welcoming you to teh forums. I had the same chit when I joined. Calm down buddy. Geez.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:05 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive been building cars for about 10 years. i have diverse experience between several platforms and have built and/or rebuilt and/or maintained professional race cars that hold several world records. last week while you were studying for class i spent 2 days preparing a noble M400 for a weekend at the race track, 1 day pulling the motor on a supercharged V10 dodge truck to rebuild it, and then a day putting test pipes on a fabulous gallardo spyder. there are guys around here with more experience than myself, and there are guys around the country with 3-8 times the experience of myself.

the funny thing is, it doesnt usually take someone with years of full-time experience building cars to chime in and mention that a RB in a Z33 is a waste of time regardless of the power it can handle. and that fact right there is proof that you have a long way to go before you can call people "stupid ***" just because they reject your stupid *** ideas.

dont call me a stupid ***. noob.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Zridder19

Thank you phunk! Well said.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:24 PM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

Originally Posted by phunk
ive been building cars for about 10 years. i have diverse experience between several platforms and have built and/or rebuilt and/or maintained professional race cars that hold several world records. last week while you were studying for class i spent 2 days preparing a noble M400 for a weekend at the race track, 1 day pulling the motor on a supercharged V10 dodge truck to rebuild it, and then a day putting test pipes on a fabulous gallardo spyder. there are guys around here with more experience than myself, and there are guys around the country with 3-8 times the experience of myself.

the funny thing is, it doesnt usually take someone with years of full-time experience building cars to chime in and mention that a RB in a Z33 is a waste of time regardless of the power it can handle. and that fact right there is proof that you have a long way to go before you can call people "stupid ***" just because they reject your stupid *** ideas.

dont call me a stupid ***. noob.

ahh, sounds like your job is fun, however none of these last social interactions were directed towards you, it seems more people on this forum want to call you ignorant or dumb because of an idea thrown out there, too many people automatically assume that a crazy idea wont work. ive seen much crazier swaps and things than one of the best motors to come out of japan go into a fairlady, which has a vq motor designed by a french guy. The members here seem to enjoy ragging on peoples ideas without thought when encouragement should be given or just conversation why you personally wouldnt.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Coehsp350Z

i seen a big block V8 swapped in a honda CRX does that count as big
Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 PM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

did the french guy hang u guys up?
Old 04-14-2008, 04:51 AM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

Originally Posted by Coehsp350Z
i seen a big block V8 swapped in a honda CRX does that count as big

yep, think that counts, are you talking about the one with that ginormous blower on it?
Old 04-14-2008, 08:36 AM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did the french guy hang u guys up?
The VQ design predates Nissans partnership with Renault, has nothing to do with Renault, and the VQ35DE that was in the Z was 100% built in Japan with Japanese parts. There were VQ35's made outside of Japan (in TN for example), but those engines were in other Nissan models. Renault has used the VQ35 in some of their models.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ahh, sounds like your job is fun, however none of these last social interactions were directed towards you, it seems more people on this forum want to call you ignorant or dumb because of an idea thrown out there, too many people automatically assume that a crazy idea wont work. ive seen much crazier swaps and things than one of the best motors to come out of japan go into a fairlady, which has a vq motor designed by a french guy. The members here seem to enjoy ragging on peoples ideas without thought when encouragement should be given or just conversation why you personally wouldnt.
your completely missing the idea...

your car, your money...
Old 04-14-2008, 08:01 PM
pimpsahab

Originally Posted by [MD]3FiFtY
hmmmmmmm RB or turbo?

What the hell was the original question? Ohhh yea...

Get this one...
Oh Snapz...Thats a GT288-512!!!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Sea Bass

Im not the guy that started this thread i never wanted to custom build a turbo kit, and the rb26 is a awesome, the VQ cant even match its stock block hp rating, and how many Z's have u saw rolling around with a rb26 under the hood? Also its a smaller liter but its a inline 6, just like the supra motor its a 3.0 liter that holds a record for 806 whp stock block! Skyline is nissans icon why not use the skyline motor and be different and very fast.

thanks but bro i can do this with my eyes closed, well im not that good but i know i can do it. only reason i dont work for a performance factory is because there isnt one any where close to where i live.
less hp? are u serious, its getting a big single before it is installed.
^ that was well stated but im not going with the stock setup, it gonna put out some hp! if i do math and its gonna mess my weight ditibution up so bad that i cant adjust the motor to get it pretty close i will just turbo the HR.
You, sir, are truly a facking idiot. It's already been laid out for you why it would be silly for anyone but a shop to do this swap, because unless you are independently wealthy, you won't be able to sink this much money into the project. Doing the work yourself? That's rich. How many motor swaps have you done before? How many wiring harnesses have you dealt with? And considering the RB never made it officially out of Japan, how many Japanese shop manuals have you read and are prepared to translate for the wiring harness?

"Big single turbo?" So you can make more power at redline while making LESS in the low-to mid range compared to the stock RB? Do you want your car to be fast or do you want it to be a dyno queen?

If you're so desperate to do an RB swap, go buy a S13 body with no motor for cheap and start from there. There's at least some documentation with that swap, and you're starting with a car that's significantly lighter than the Z. Why destroy a perfectly good, NEW car with an awesome motor? Does the phrase "dick swinging exercise" have any meaning to you?

You're the same guy who was also talking **** about how your friend with the Civic would make us "DE" guys look stupid. I suggest you stop doing ricer math homework, put away the Super Street rags, and try and LEARN something, and that starts with listening to others. You're right: it would be unique, it would be different. But the cost of the swap ALONE (without even modding it for more power) would cost you enough to buy another Z. So now you've got a 70k car that's slower than my '03 with the "measly" DE.

People here have loads of experience trying to make their cars faster. They've paid for it with their blood, sweat, time and credit cards. So forgive them if they're a bit testy when some know-it-all snot nose acts as if he has all the answers, when in reality, he has yet to even begin to comprehend the magnitude of his plan.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:07 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

^well said
Old 04-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Zridder19

Sea Bass- you are the man! Very well stated

Quick Reply: How to build a custom Turbo kit