Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Eagletanggreen---> ForgedPerformance long term motor update<------

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:20 PM
turismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Hey Sam, Id appreciate if you didnt post my business online, did you ever find out why all of your sleeved motors (your direct and indirect sleeved block cutomers) being driven hard are failing?

Alberto

The TRUTH

<---waits for Sam to blame the headgaskets

Old 04-15-2008, 08:30 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

What ever Chris and Devon did on my build needs to be the standard its just holding up to everything I can throw at it.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:51 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Congrats to Luie on a strong motor. Always pushing the limits of these cars.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
What ever Chris and Devon did on my build needs to be the standard its just holding up to everything I can throw at it.
I hope to be getting an S1 setup by this fall before I leave GA.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
Congrats to Luie on a strong motor. Always pushing the limits of these cars.

Always!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
Alberto my intention was not to post you personal business ,it was a sincere question and I honestly did not know it was a secret .To this day we never got a straight answer from Forged on what caused the failure . I think it was a fair question to ask, don't you? We deserve an answer , as simple as that , and if there is something on my end I will take responsibility for it no problem . I think you looking for some one to blame that is all.

SAM

GT MOTORSPORTS
I had not posted about my issues, why would you think it was ok to call it out like that? I know Sharif told you I was holding off on posting my experiences, I started my thread prematurely because of your post. I want to say more, but for now Im biting my tongue. Blaming somebody isnt going to put $$$ back in my pocket or help me in anyway. Knowing exactly what went wrong will help me, from doing it again, and others. From here on out, post in MY thread, I dont want to ruin L's thread any further.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:12 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

As far as the Evans coolant is concerned, I will continue to use it, it's done the job so far so why change things around. I have never had coolent spurge out of my over flow, it get about half way when I get on it, but never over flow, not even on the track.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:56 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

JUSt a little update as I posted in another thread that was locked up. I recently purged the motor after about 1500 to 2000 miles, and I did not have any air in my coolent. Some say that I eventually worked all air out of the coolant? Who knows but their is no air at the moment. After talking to Sharif, Joe, and Joe talking to Jim Wolf, its starting to look like this Evan stuff is probably a good culprit of my motor staying together. Who knows? Just food for thought.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:10 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

who know as you said...but you are putting way to much stock on a coolant fluid(i am sure evans is probably the best and ill be running it too, but)
...and not on the fact that you have solid suporting mod for your engine for the power levels u have..the fact that u have always ran a superioir "standalone ems" with good knock detection capabilities...top fuel delivery mods... a well machined and put together engine ...and of course a good tune ....all those more important that just the the type coolant.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

How long have you been running the methanol injection? Interested in going that route, purchased one a while back but sold it to change of heart.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:16 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
who know as you said...but you are putting way to much stock on a coolant fluid(i am sure evans is probably the best and ill be running it too, but)
...and not on the fact that you have solid suporting mod for your engine for the power levels u have..the fact that u have always ran a superioir "standalone ems" with good knock detection capabilities...top fuel delivery mods... a well machined and put together engine ...and of course a good tune ....all those more important that just the the type coolant.

Couldn't agree with you more! Its a combo of everything its so easy to focus on one mod as your savior?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:19 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by Pun1sh3RZ
How long have you been running the methanol injection? Interested in going that route, purchased one a while back but sold it to change of heart.

I love it and have ran about 10 gallons thru the motor, Sharif was able to tune it for crazy torque. If you have a tuner that's not afraid to tune meth for power I would say go for it. With that said, we as a community are still growing with this meth... i.e I blew a plenum with it.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

True, i'm looking to stay around 500whp but I believe methanol injection when used correctly can help your motor stay alive but sorry for OT. Just felt this might be a reason for your motor but I believe this thread and the Alberto's have been amazing for information and want to thank you guys!
Old 04-19-2008, 06:30 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by Pun1sh3RZ
True, i'm looking to stay around 500whp but I believe methanol injection when used correctly can help your motor stay alive but sorry for OT. Just felt this might be a reason for your motor but I believe this thread and the Alberto's have been amazing for information and want to thank you guys!

Thanks!

I have recently back it off a bit and I am driving the car around town most of the time on wastegate spring, I don't want to break anything before Z days.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:39 AM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing you can do Luie, is run more water and less meth, to avoid any combustion in the manifold. Just an idea...

You might need a re-tune though, not sure...

-George
GTM
Old 04-19-2008, 12:10 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I wanted to run a 70meth/30water combo but sharif insisted that we do straight methanol. Curious to see how this set up will handle it. Has anyone had problems with running straight methanol yet?
Old 04-19-2008, 12:24 PM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good info, its good that people write there thought, ideas, and experiences.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:33 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
After talking to Sharif, Joe, and Joe talking to Jim Wolf, its starting to look like this Evan stuff is probably a good culprit of my motor staying together. Who knows? Just food for thought.
Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
I agree with both statements.....but I too am a firm believer in this Evans coolant....When I met Sharif...the main think I told him I wanted was a car that could run at 500whp for 20 + laps on a 1.7 mile road race track without blowing up. I mainly think its a combo of the big fans, racing radiator and coolant. And your statement about the supporting mods and tuning is Very true. If Luie's supporting mods and tuning was crap....no coolant in the world could hold that motor together.

So I guess Luie's car will be the benchmark standard for building a G/Z platform. I have studied Luie's and Alberto's car. And when I do the comparisons and whats lacking ....I come up with EMS, Injectors and Cooling System.

When I throw my car in the mix...its also shows why my car has held together also. Yes Sharif , Devon and Chris built my motor....but the bottom line is...Sharif has to inspect every stage of the build.

In my profession ...you have to diagnose before treating.....

Last edited by XKR; 04-19-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:35 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D350Z10
^ I wanted to run a 70meth/30water combo but sharif insisted that we do straight methanol. Curious to see how this set up will handle it. Has anyone had problems with running straight methanol yet?

Try it out, and let us know what happens. Meth will give you a higher octane rating, like Race fuel. So the more Meth you run, the higher the octane rating.

You should see some good gains with water and/or Meth.

-George
GTM
Old 04-19-2008, 12:40 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Try it out, and let us know what happens. Meth will give you a higher octane rating, like Race fuel. So the more Meth you run, the higher the octane rating.

You should see some good gains with water and/or Meth.

-George
GTM

I am already tuned on 110 octane + straight methanol.... I just think its to aggressive and should have had a water/methanol mix. But Sharif insisted and wanted to run straigh methanol.

Quick Reply: Eagletanggreen---> ForgedPerformance long term motor update<------