Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ATI Pro Charger News and Updates (to be ongoing)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 12:23 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by g35or350z
Two noob questions:

1) Is the ATI SC CA smog certified? Someone told me that GReddy turbo system will be smog passable.

2) How long will the engine last with this added stress?
I have been asking the same question about ca smog legal. The best info I have recieved is past ATI SC kits on other cars got Ca smog legal and they are trying to get it for the Z too (with confidence they will so they say) and expect it to take until about Jan 1. Of course if you buy it before then you are taking the risk that it might not become smog legal. I wish I had a better answer than that for you and myself but that is all I know at this point.

Jeff
Old 07-14-2003, 05:40 AM
12SecZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no current CARB number for the Kit but that doesn't mean one won't be made. If/when it does then it will be retroactive like Injen.

How long will it last?

Longer than I will keep the car.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:44 PM
12SecZ

ttt

Last edited by 12SecZ; 07-14-2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:48 PM
ravaz

All I have to say is, that's ****ed up!
Old 07-14-2003, 01:57 PM
SlamMan

Thats too bad. I was eager to hear a first hand account of what the fuel management unit was like.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:10 PM
12SecZ

I have ATI and Mike on the line now. this may work out for me still.

I was escalated to the top of Tech and Support at ATI (Dave.)

Mine is going out tomorow 2 day and my wide band sensor and guage will be here tommorow was a bad tracking number, it will be here tomorow. I am on the line with Mike right now mine is confirmed!
Old 07-14-2003, 02:51 PM
jesseenglish

What wideband O2 sensor and gauge are you using?
Old 07-14-2003, 05:28 PM
12SecZ

GReddy,

I got a lot of PM's so let me clarify a few things.

Mike was racing and on the way back his truck broke down he was trapped in the middle of nowhere and therefore ATI could not reach him.

Through the help of ATI, Mike and myself in a 3 way sort of way and a man in power named Dave in Kansas mine is packaged and will be here Friday. Pics!!! Semi....

While I was typing a message of cancelling my order fate has it that both my Nextel and personal phone ring it is Mike and ATI.

So I felt it necassary to retract my cancellation.

Especially after I learned the guage and monitor tracking number was a typo and that Mike was very helpful even telling me the best place to tap my exhaust at.

So for others waiting the part they need to complete this kit that is capable of 800RWHP is just a very small one a gear or pulley and will be in any day. I urge those of you who want a fast cat to give it another week because they may even have them on the shelves they just need to locate one.

They expidited the location of one (the missing part) for me so for that I will pay them back in spades with pics and times galore!

I hope this clarifys and puts the thread back on track.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:48 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I have to say about this situation is that its ********. ATI should not have starting selling the kits if they weren't ready to ship. I'll be looking to get a date of arrival out of my vendor and ATI. If they can't commit or its not acceptable to me, I'll be stepping out of line and anyone that wants my spot for the reduced pricing can have it...or I'll just get a refund and be done with it. Dammit I absolutely hate paying for something and then having to wait...wait...and wait. That's just bad business in my opinion.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:05 PM
12SecZ

Dammit I absolutely hate paying for something and then having to wait...wait...and wait. That's just bad business in my opinion.

I agree with you 100% there and the lesson is not to place an order until you are sure it's in stock.

In a perfect world we wouldn't have to guess it either is or isn't. I was ready to cancel today and became very vocal. A vendor cannot charge your credit card for a product he doesn't have in stock and you wouldn't be the first to cancel others already have.

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for one more week.
One week won't hurt and after talking with all involved I feel they were sincere.

Hopefully I will be posting pics by Friday and Dyno numbers a week later!

In a perfect world of course....
Old 07-15-2003, 03:40 AM
GaryK

Yeah, the customer shouldn't have to worry about whether the vendors and manufacturers can be trusted. But these days, it really seems like you can't assume things will be done the right way. I have another vender screwing around with me on another nice sum of money...everything was supposed to be in stock, its not, its already been 3 weeks, and they don't know when they'll have it. So I have a total of 7k sitting there in limbo right now with no clue as to when I'll actually see something in return. What the hell is up with people these days? I guess they have so much business that they don't care if they jerk people around and **** them off.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:27 AM
12SecZ

How about them Oakland A's?

If someone doesn't have your part dispute the charge and free up the money. That's why I use CC as payment.

Hope you get it all lots of people out there want our hard earned money I know I work two jobs for my toys.

Power nap time hope to wake up to a tracking number!

FYI Just caught this this morning!

350Z / G35 SUPERCHARGERS ARE SHIPPING!
After more than 10 months of research, developing and testing they are now shipping. The 350Z / G35 Superchargers (for manual trans.) are moving... quickly! You can be one of the first to own a Z with 354 h.p. and 318-lb. ft of torque. Add the Cat-Back and you're approaching 370 h.p. What makes the STILLEN blower unique? Try a 3yr / 36,000 engine warranty and pending CARB approval! Now, that's peace of mind.

http://www.stillen.com/sportscars.asp
Old 07-15-2003, 05:48 AM
GaryK

That stillen setup is nice with an engine warranty. Peak hp isn't that great, but I'd like to see the dyno graph. It should rock at lower rpms, with big torque right of idle.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:00 AM
350_Z

That stillen setup is nice with an engine warranty. Peak hp isn't that great, but I'd like to see the dyno graph. It should rock at lower rpms, with big torque right of idle.
The stillen kit is only running at 5.7psi. That is the reason for lower whp. If you wanted more power, just replace the pulley and you would be able to raise the boost. The ATI kit comes with a 7psi pulley and I'm sure a 9psi pulley will be out very soon. Power with superchargers and Turbos is boost dependant.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Paolo

Default More boost

I have a procharger on order as well. I have been jerked around for quite some time now. I was told that I would get it in 2 weeks, then they said it would be 1 more week, then they said it would be 2 more weeks, now I'm hearing another week or two. I ordered it back on June 3 ? Is it ever coming ?????

Anyway, enough venting. I will be runing bigger injectors and having the ECU flashed. With the increased boost If I were to up the boost later, say to 9 or 10, what should be done to the engine to handle all that power ? What are the weak links in our engines. I heard just the rods, and that the pistons are ok. Is this true, is there anything else that should be changed out ?
Attached Thumbnails ATI Pro Charger News and Updates (to be ongoing)-p6270018b.jpg  
Old 07-15-2003, 08:21 AM
CSHFLW

Most Nissan engines in the past have been known to be very very well built and able to handle twice there origanal HP on a stock motor reliable. This newer engine I don't know about but it seems to be a very popular sporty motor for Nissan like the SR20DET was, so I don't see why it wouldn't still be built to the standards set in the past.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:34 PM
12SecZ

Default Gauge and Data uplink arrived (finnallly some pics)

Confirmed shipment of kit too! Word is the rezt of your lits go out Friday! Hnag in there it's worth it!

Don't forget that the Stillen kit needs a new hood and doesn't include all the goodies!
Attached Thumbnails ATI Pro Charger News and Updates (to be ongoing)-greddyguage640.jpg  

Last edited by 12SecZ; 07-15-2003 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:35 PM
12SecZ

Hard to tell but the guage is only about 2 inches tall and the round circle at zero is a warning light.

I have been told by Mike that the best place for monitoring is to tap into the exhaust manifold.

Getting excited!

Old 07-16-2003, 02:56 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry, I must have missed something.

Max, what exactly is that and why do we need it?

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:56 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
I'm sorry, I must have missed something.

Max, what exactly is that and why do we need it?

Thanks.
Dr Bonz, I think it is a boost gauge with warning light.

Quick Reply: ATI Pro Charger News and Updates (to be ongoing)