Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

TrackPack's Turbo Fab Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Hibnah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking really good man.. subscribed..
Old 12-28-2008, 03:32 PM
TrackPack

Well guys, seeing boostedprobes build thread reminded me of my own so here go's an update.

I honestly feel like a bit of an a*shole after reading all the amazing comments in this thread and leaving you guys hanging for soooo long. Thank you very much for your appreciation in a project like this, it is far from easy or inexpensive to do a project like this, and sometimes others kind words and appreciation is what keeps you striving to complete such a mess.

The reason the updates stopped were various, for one I lost money on this forum from scammers, not the forums fault but it pissed me off, next this might surprise some of you but I have been dicked around by a forum sponsor ever since this thread started, I cant posably think of another reason for this individual to hate my money so much, no after sale assistance, no quotes on new products, nothing. So much unexplainable hatred towards me that I could want to place a multi-thousand $ order and my messages would go un answered....its too bad really, I liked them, and still do, innovative shop, great builds, introduced new products to the community. I truly hope its just a big misunderstanding between us and we could continue to do business with each other.

Aside from issues with the forum, I've just been extremely busy with life and others cars, I always put my projects on hold to help others out, and this year was extremely busy. I literally spent days on the dyno getting cars ready for the track, for some reason other peoples projects intrigue me more than my own most of the time....

Anyways I've decided to change a few things on the car as far as fuel system and exhaust goes so the car is still under the knife but as far as turbo kit is concerned its done. Visually you have a pretty good idea of what it looks like from the last pics. I'll make a proper update soon with pics, but I'll still be swamped for the next little while, I'll be in green valley/Tucson soon for some drag racing, and we have a new work space being built right now so lots on the go.

Anyways, I sincerely thank you guys for the comments and yes I am still alive, and yes I will update with a worthy update soon. Till then I'm sure boostedprobe will entertain with innovation!
Cheers
Old 12-28-2008, 03:40 PM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ Sucks to hear all the crap you had to deal with, but sometimes you just have to take it like a man. I didn't think you would give up after all of that, I just started and I know there is no turning back. I know what you mean with being buisy with other stuff. I am married with two kids, and build s/c kits on te side. Time just seems to fly. I'v been putting my project off for a litle while, but now that I started I'll go hard till it's done.

Good luck with everything.

Last edited by BoostedProbe; 12-28-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:59 PM
djtimodj

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking foward to the update man.....
Old 12-29-2008, 10:48 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking forward to the update. Cheers and Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Asad_A203

TrackPack do you work for Motions?
Old 12-31-2008, 07:25 PM
TrackPack

Originally Posted by Asad_A203
TrackPack do you work for Motions?

No not yet anyways hah, I'm close with Sheldon, Danny and the rest of the guys there. We help each other out alot, in the summer it feels like I live there more so then work there lol. I lived on Sheldon's dyno a fair bit this past summer helping get others cars ready for the track. Any questions you have turbo,tune,fabrication,ect.. related just ask or pm, if your really into this stuff you should see the car some time. This winter we're building a stroker mr2 and project pro street celica in the shop, so lots to see

Are you still considering a turbo project?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! Great work TrackPack!

You've undertaken a major project. And yes, your pictures indicate a lot of time, work and $$$.

Just keep at it and when you are done you will have an awesome setup.

BTW - I like the layout of your system. Very interesting. I can't wait to see tuned dynos.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Asad_A203

Originally Posted by TrackPack
No not yet anyways hah, I'm close with Sheldon, Danny and the rest of the guys there. We help each other out alot, in the summer it feels like I live there more so then work there lol. I lived on Sheldon's dyno a fair bit this past summer helping get others cars ready for the track. Any questions you have turbo,tune,fabrication,ect.. related just ask or pm, if your really into this stuff you should see the car some time. This winter we're building a stroker mr2 and project pro street celica in the shop, so lots to see

Are you still considering a turbo project?
Would be pretty sweet to see your car in action; will definately have to check it out sometime.

Yeah I am still pushing on with my project. Canadian dollar dropped so much since I started this whole thing but I am going to be FI either way. The built engine is up for debate but I really don't feel comfortable on the stock block since that guy's 350z blew with only a ATI procharger. Do you happen to know if he was just tuned too aggressively or was his engine just abused? Either way that has got me pretty stoked to not go stock block. I have been looking at a PE TT kit and a Greddy TT kit but the engine build is what I am going to figure out before I can do anything.

I Am trying to hold off purchasing all my equipment until the end of January and get my car prepped in March/April and ready for spring (have my law entrance exam then but keep getting sidetracked with this ). I was hoping I could have someone a bit knowledgeable check over my car; the consensus from the other built VQs in the city is nobody here knows how to build VQs. Hopefully you and Motions will keep me in good care though . Still need to find out if they will be able to tune a UTEC (should be fine with my goal and injector size).

Thanks dude for the offer and I will keep you posted with any questions I have.

Last edited by Asad_A203; 01-01-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:35 AM
TrackPack

Time to update a little ya I know I know, its been a long time lol

I'm finally in the new facility and have *some* time to work on the car again. Its hard to get going on this again since I lost steam a while back but spring is here and I NEED to drive my car!

Well guys I had a few questions a while back about the down pipe and cross over pipe so I took some pics with my phone before they went in permanently.

This is the cross over pipe that goes from the passenger header under the tranny to the drivers side.

started wrapping it.

Now this piece is a bit of a work of art, at least in my eyes. it is part of my cross over and merge assembly that mates both banks together. Believe it or not, not one of those bends was made in vein. It had to be that way to get around the drivers side header/down pipe/steering linkage, ect.!!

only pic of it unfortunately...

Now this piece is also a work of art(in my mind of coarse...) and would be very very time consuming to ever replicate. it is my down pipe and its a 1 piece design that fits through the drivers mount hole with no less than a 1/4" of clearance around everywhere, it touches nothing! Keep in mind the turbo is solid mounted so that 1/4" is plenty to keep rattles at bay. I absolutely can not stand any sort of rattles or sounds so the entire kit had clearance in mind. Ohh and it is a complete 3" down.

wrapped a little..

Thats it for now but I'll try to update more soon.
All comments welcome.
thanks guy.

Ohh and since we are all car enthusiasts here, here's a header made for a suby....sch10 pipe, tig'ed,v-ban'ed....

Thanks for looking guy.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:30 AM
leg killa

nice...you are braver than most of us...probably a combination of guts and deeper pockets but good job man...good luck on your build..
Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Your work is amazing, Im a DIY guy but i dont know how to weld( although now im working at a shop part time where im going to learn very soon.) I know its hard work and dedication but this looks like so much fun to me, keep up the fantastic work.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:27 AM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great work man, and I know what you mean when you say work of art. That is what it looks like to me. Stuff like that is very time consuming and some just see it as pipe, not me.

The tubing you are using, is it just .065 wall? IMO it is the best stuff for exhaust, not too thin, and easy to tig. You have seen my build, and there is not even a hint of rattling...now it's your turn..

Keep up the great work, this forum needs builds like this. Too many people just buy the kits, take the stuff to a shop and pick the car up a month later.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:14 AM
psychoballistic

sick thread man, good luck with the project.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:24 AM
TrackPack

Originally Posted by BoostedProbe
Great work man, and I know what you mean when you say work of art. That is what it looks like to me. Stuff like that is very time consuming and some just see it as pipe, not me.

The tubing you are using, is it just .065 wall? IMO it is the best stuff for exhaust, not too thin, and easy to tig. You have seen my build, and there is not even a hint of rattling...now it's your turn..

Keep up the great work, this forum needs builds like this. Too many people just buy the kits, take the stuff to a shop and pick the car up a month later.

Thank you for appreciating the work/effort. I must admit that it was you updating that yours is running that kind of jump started me again.(great job by the way!) I knew that this kit woudnt be easy but man, wow this hasnt been an easy road. but its finally coming to an end. Its just so hard to find the time some times to source the parts and get down to work. But in the end, when its complete, I lost nothing with this kit, still have factory a/c lines,factory washer bottle, rebar and foam in front bumper..ect...much like your self

as for material thickness, everything pre turbo is about .109 wall I believe(might be over kill in this application but thats a plus to me) and everything post turbo is about.065 wall.

Thanks again for the kind words guys.

Here's my dump tube done now.

And here's her welded up..

Thats it for now. thanks for looking guys.

Ohh and as usual...a parting gift.....

look what I found in a motor I took apart yesterday.......

piston came up with the head, stuck to a valve lol!

later..
Old 04-22-2009, 06:11 AM
350 Rookie
Banned

Can you teach me to weld like you. Are you tiging? I do miging but it never turns out that clean. ugh, im so jealous
Old 04-22-2009, 06:12 AM
MDeezy

Jeeze I know!!! I dont even weld but I know a clean bead when I see one. thats some skilled work!! Must have taken years and years of practice!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:14 AM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know if its just me but all that piping that you welded up looks sexy as fu*king hell.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:21 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking forward to the finished product!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:34 AM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant wait to see some more

Quick Reply: TrackPack's Turbo Fab Thread...