Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Twin Turbo Build is Under Way

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:40 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah traction is crazy with these cars, I think R888's are in order nailing it in 3rd and all I hear are tires screeching well plus the open dumps, reason I stopped going for more power it is useless
Old 11-03-2008, 04:48 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Just for reference, my car makes 602rwhp @ 14.5 psi on 91 octane, with water injection @ ONLY ~8% W/FR - Dynojet of course

Congrats on the build, you will love the power once you are done with the break-in, my biggest problem is traction - on the freeway!
Thanks. I love the car. With the 305 R888s, the only traction issues I have on dry asphalt are in first and second gear. I have not experienced any wheel spin in third gear on dry asphalt.

On anything other than dry asphalt, they are not so good. They slip easily in the rain (and on the dyno). When it rained at Sebring my rear end came out on my twice, and I was going probably half the speed I was running when it was dry. Nonetheless, before the rain, the car handled phenomilly. It was very fun to see the stock 911s fade from view in my rear view mirror.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 11-03-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:08 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by westpak
yeah traction is crazy with these cars, I think R888's are in order nailing it in 3rd and all I hear are tires screeching well plus the open dumps, reason I stopped going for more power it is useless
Go for the R888s. I squeazed in 305/30/19s in the rear. It only rubbed once on the left side at Sebring, but the rubbing was minimal. (My fenders are rolled, though). I went with 265s up front (Pilot Sport Cups b/c Toyo doesn't make R888s this size for the 19" rims), but next time I'll go 275s. I was worried the 275s wouldn't fit, but there is enough room for them. In fact, I think Mario is running 275s all the way around on his Z.

Are you going to the NASA event at Homestead in December? If so, we should hang out. I met Mario and Manny at Sebring. Really nice guys. I think Roger said he was going to Homestead as well.

Edit: I'm spacing, I actually met Mario before that too at the shop.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 11-03-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:15 PM
530z tt

we have the same set up and I spin my tires 3rd gear and 4gear like crazy a d I have a 305 in the rear I made 602 on 21psi greedy tt
Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Jtrain

TTg35fort

I appreciate you trying to give your pulls @ 14psi away to me but albeit- I'm very dissatisfied with the service and the quality of my tune at japtrix, I'm not 100% sure that what i've got going on with my car right now is completely the tunes fault.

Incredibly nice of you to offer, and would LOVE to make the trip up there before jtibbs leaves... but I think there is a little more going on than just a lazy tune job.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
mustang dynos are the easiest to manipulate. Everyone knows that. Dynojets have no corrections to put in. That's why I would offer a free pull or two to him for comparison. No I'm not kidding captj. He is claiming 600 on 14 psi. That car would barely make 550 on a true Dynojet at that boost levels.
Jt your a idiot maybe with you tuning the car on your dyno you can't get that power. Why don't you make a post on how you really hate that shop already. You love to make accusations on how their dyno is bogus, maybe you should have yours checked. I find it funny you never challenge FP when they post high power low boost set ups. Lets see I didn't see you tell Alberto (sorry not trying to drag you into this) he's full of sh*t with his dyno. Get a life you tried to put them out of business and failed. Now go try to do this to some other shops where you are now and see what happens. I know all your nuthuggers will enter and you'll and they will start your typical BS.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:42 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by Zridder19
Jeremy @ PF has a dynojet...
He is no longer in buisness in florida. Did you miss his thread?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:38 AM
coachk
Banned

Captj...I think I remember meeting you from one of your visits up to PF where you had JT do some work on your car. It was when all our cars were covered with lovebugs from the drive. I read alot of these threads and why are you on such a JT hater wagon. Do you have some financial interest in Japtrix? You seemed like a cool guy when I met you up there, what has made you change?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:49 AM
jl4punch2

996's or 997's either way, you should be able to pull from stage 2 911s with that kind of power. My 413 rwhp B5 S4 pulled from those things all day. Theres a few custom tuned s4's that beat stage 3 996's.

Congrats on your build, did you ever post any pics, or vids
Old 11-04-2008, 07:40 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by coachk
Captj...I think I remember meeting you from one of your visits up to PF where you had JT do some work on your car. It was when all our cars were covered with lovebugs from the drive. I read alot of these threads and why are you on such a JT hater wagon. Do you have some financial interest in Japtrix? You seemed like a cool guy when I met you up there, what has made you change?
Yes, we have met the love bug thing what a mess the cars were that day. He has never worked on my car nor have I been to his shop. He has had a vendetta towards Japtrix from day one even though roger has helped him in the past with some information. It's funny you ask if I have any financial interest in japtrix he was asking me that in the PM's we have had in the past. Why is this a such an important question? Did he ask you to ask this question?I have never seen him or any of his customers ask this before. As you have read in my post I'm tired him insinuating and accusing that they do inferior work and their dynos are bogus. He has to try to get his business going on his own merits not by trying to knock someone else. When he changes his attitude I will change mine. Besides I've only really spoken out here in this thread. I have been very diplomatic in all the others. I don't go into his threads accusing him of anything.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 AM
coachk
Banned

I ask questions based on my own perception of what I read. JT and I talk all the time and I don't ever recall a time that he slammed Japtrix. Sure he may not like them, for whatever his reasons may be, but I've never heard him bad mouth them.
If we didn't meet at his shop, then where was it?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:32 AM
westpak
SFZCC

tom you are slipping, this ring a bell

Old 11-04-2008, 09:19 AM
coachk
Banned

Gus...I remember you and I talking about me financially helping PF out from a business stand point, but I don't remember anything about him slamming japtrix. I think you and I both agreed its a tough business and thats why you were not involved with japtrix any longer. If I'm mistaken PM me.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Gus...I remember you and I talking about me financially helping PF out from a business stand point, but I don't remember anything about him slamming japtrix. I think you and I both agreed its a tough business and thats why you were not involved with japtrix any longer. If I'm mistaken PM me.
no, I meant that is where you met captj3
Old 11-04-2008, 09:39 AM
coachk
Banned

After I made my post, I was wondering if thats what you meant..My mistake
Old 11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

captj, my favorite misinformed person on the forums. I have never said a bad word about japtrix. I have sent a few people back to receive refunds for the "tune" they received from jack. I have never seen anything bad that japtrix has done at all. As long a roger is tuning then the people have nothing to worry about. The cars that jack "tuned" were set up as naturally aspirated cars and I can't believe they even ran at all. Gus is a cool guy and I have talked to roger and have no issues other than same state rivalry.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:32 AM
captj3

I ask questions based on my own perception of what I read. JT and I talk all the time and I don't ever recall a time that he slammed Japtrix. Sure he may not like them, for whatever his reasons may be, but I've never heard him bad mouth them.
If we didn't meet at his shop, then where was it?
There are lots of ways of bad mouthing without saying a name.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:45 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
captj, my favorite misinformed person on the forums. I have never said a bad word about japtrix. I have sent a few people back to receive refunds for the "tune" they received from jack. I have never seen anything bad that japtrix has done at all. As long a roger is tuning then the people have nothing to worry about. The cars that jack "tuned" were set up as naturally aspirated cars and I can't believe they even ran at all. Gus is a cool guy and I have talked to roger and have no issues other than same state rivalry.
There you go again. Trust me I'm far from missinformed. There are all sorts of ways to say things. Some people can actually comprehend what they read. If this is the case then why do constantly think everytime I post and your involved the thread or just posting
in it I'm attacking you? You give that impression to me all the time, just look at your moving thread. You weren't mentioned in my post and got all bent out of shape.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:34 AM
niceguyyy01

Can we get back on track here....
Old 11-07-2008, 09:24 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by jl4punch2
Congrats on your build, did you ever post any pics, or vids

I am waiting to post pics until the bodywork is done. I have a new rear bumpter going on after Japtrix finishes my latest round of upgrades. I'm hoping to be able to get it back to the body shop in the next week or so. Roger is crazy busy right now, so it may take a little longer, but hopefully not.

Quick Reply: My Twin Turbo Build is Under Way