Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Twin Turbo Build is Under Way

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:07 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
Thanks for the heads up. We don't have an oil pan extension going in. Instead, we are putting on an external oil cooler. That should give us an increase in oil capacity, as well as help with cooling.
Read up on the oil pan extension. I think you get almost 2QT more. I have one big oil cooler and the OPE....but will be switching to a twin for better placement. Read up on it.

Whats up RAJ
Old 07-14-2008, 09:30 AM
coachk
Banned

RC= sometimes you get irregular spray patterns. If you get a good set you're good, if not I don't think RC use denso cores either and all the top tuners (PF,FP,GTM etc) recommend denso core injectors. Thats why I recommended DW. I agree on the Greddy TT exhaust, mine is just loud enough. Plus since you have Greddy Turbos why not go with Greddy exhaust.
Just an opinion.......
Old 07-14-2008, 09:38 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Read up on the oil pan extension. I think you get almost 2QT more. I have one big oil cooler and the OPE....but will be switching to a twin for better placement. Read up on it.

Whats up RAJ

I saw that you have 305's on the back of your G. What width are your wheels and what are your offsets?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by rcdash
Not much Mike - too much work, but enjoying my boosted G on the short trips back and forth. Knock on wood everything has been going sooo smooth - I've got a few upgrades planned but hate to mess with the car cause it's just a dream to drive right now. I don't know if I trust anyone local to even do some small stuff (tc swap, x pipe, dual intakes, traction control, yada, yada...). Probably I'll wait till my next trip down to Atlanta. It makes it easier to blame, errr I mean entrust Sharif for every little thing that way - ha ha.

I've still got several unfinished write ups, videos to upload, sigh. No time - except for an occasional post here on my350. Later!

(whoa, sorry for big OT - I'll delete after Mike has read it - lol)
Good to hear Raj....Keep in touch

Originally Posted by coachk
RC= sometimes you get irregular spray patterns. If you get a good set you're good, if not I don't think RC use denso cores either and all the top tuners (PF,FP,GTM etc) recommend denso core injectors. Thats why I recommended DW. I agree on the Greddy TT exhaust, mine is just loud enough. Plus since you have Greddy Turbos why not go with Greddy exhaust.
Just an opinion.......

.....This is my understanding also.

I saw that you have 305's on the back of your G. What width are your wheels and what are your offsets?
I had 2 sets of rears custom made....1 is 11.0 and the other is 11.5. The one in the picture is 11.0 on 305x25x20.

Last edited by XKR; 07-14-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:52 PM
cc1012

A built C6 will be nice!!!

When I found out that the ZR1 was going to cost way more than list price, I was very, very close to picking up a C6 Coupe or a Z06 and then immediately throwing on some form of forced induction. After pondering over it for a while, I decided to wait on the Vette. I figured I would start first with my G35, and then graduate to the Vette later.
if i was gonna go FI on a vette, id just get a regular c6. c6 zo6+boost=boom
Old 07-28-2008, 06:50 PM
pure

Originally Posted by cc1012
if i was gonna go FI on a vette, id just get a regular c6. c6 zo6+boost=boom

Why is that? never heard that before.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pure
[/B][/COLOR]

Why is that? never heard that before.

Its true, compression and pistons both suck for FI.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Nice build list and looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Originally Posted by XKR
As far as the Gspec front lower tie bar...it will not fit if you install an oil pan extension....found that out the hard way
XKR; GTSpec now has an "oversized" fron tie brace for owner using larger oil pans or with oilpan spacers. I ordered mine from THMotorsports. Just need to make sure you're ordering the "oversized" verison. *Note I have nnot installed mine yet to personally confirm that it fits.

EDIT: Here is the link for where I pruchased mine; Click Me! I beleive on page 8 is where it's mentioned a revised version is released.

Last edited by Robert_K; 07-29-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by Robert_K
XKR; GTSpec now has an "oversized" fron tie brace for owner using larger oil pans or with oilpan spacers. I ordered mine from THMotorsports. Just need to make sure you're ordering the "oversized" verison. *Note I have nnot installed mine yet to personally confirm that it fits.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check to see if the one I have is the revised version. I just ordered it a few weeks ago, so maybe it is...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
pure

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
Its true, compression and pistons both suck for FI.
Hmm, good to know, thanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:38 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check to see if the one I have is the revised version. I just ordered it a few weeks ago, so maybe it is...
I do have the new version of the front lower tie bar. APS oil pan is on order...
Old 08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

I just looked at mine yesterday. Doesn't look much different but than when I had the orignal it was well over a year ago. Try to install when every I get my floor jack & stand from storage.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:26 PM
BoostCrzy

Cant wait to get this beast on the dyno!!...break her in good Terry...beautiful build...
Old 09-07-2008, 08:14 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by rcdash
I would recommend considering a Greddy evoTT exhaust if you like it quiet and plan to reach 600 whp and also going with HKS injectors over RC. If you have a personal contact at RC that will personally vouch for a set, then you're probably golden, otherwise their QC seems unpredictable.

Good luck and welcome to the world of FI. Glad your shop is local to you - makes life a lot easier, especially with the number of mods your putting in. Plan on it going back several times for fine tuning.
Originally Posted by coachk
Just an opinion.......
When I first started my build and I picked out my APS exhaust, my HP goals were much lower. When I ordered the APS 2.5" my goal was 500-550 hp, but I kept upping that. Japtrix told my that 600 hp might be achievable with the APS 2.5", but they felt we were pushing it. Once I started talking about 650 hp, Japtrix said it's now time to get a bigger exhaust. I now have the Greddy Evo TT exhaust with the SGP wastegate relocation kit and custom test pipes. So RCDash and CoachK, you were right.

On that note, I now have an APS 2.5" true dual cat. back exhaust system and 2.5" test pipes for sale. They have been installed and removed, but before the engine was ever fired up. I paid $1195 for the exhaust system and $199 for the test pipes. I will sell them both for $1100 plus shipping. If you live in South Florida, you can pick them up either at Japtrix in Riviera Beach or in Wellington and save the shipping cost.

We are now also switching to a twin Walbro in-tank pump and 1000 cc peak and hold injectors.

Roger also suggested re-flashing the ECU.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 09-08-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:37 PM
alan86

damn i'd be content w/ half that list
Old 09-08-2008, 12:11 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

I do have the new version of the front lower tie bar. APS oil pan is on order...
I also have a brand new APS oil pan for sale. (I did not realize that Japtrix had already installed a Greddy oil pan.) $90 + shipping.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
blueper4mancez

why don't you get the sgp 3" downpipe(specially made for the greddy tt ) , i upgraded from 2.5" testpipe to a 3" downpipe you could difinitely tell the turbo spool up quicker , and i gain more power too at the same boost level .
Old 09-08-2008, 12:34 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

+1 AAM actually did good on there 3" downpipes surprisingly.........
Old 09-08-2008, 02:15 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
why don't you get the sgp 3" downpipe(specially made for the greddy tt ) , i upgraded from 2.5" testpipe to a 3" downpipe you could difinitely tell the turbo spool up quicker , and i gain more power too at the same boost level .
Too late, the custom 3" testpipes/downpipes are already on. They look great and should flow very well. Roger did a gradual flare from the output of the Greddy turbos up to 3". He also cut off the flanges of the Evo TT exhuast (which narrowed down to 2 1/4" I think) and flaired the exhaust pipes to match up to the 3" downpipes. In addition, at my request, he ran the dumps back into the exhaust to keep the noise down. I didn't want open dumps.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 09-08-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:21 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any pics of your progress, I would like to see his nifty exhaust handy work.

Quick Reply: My Twin Turbo Build is Under Way