Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech SC Bearing Failure...Again

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008 | 08:36 PM
eez

Originally Posted by JET MECH
i will pm you later with the info on the parts you will need to put it together.
thanks jet!!!
Old 08-18-2008 | 05:15 AM
Boozt

Originally Posted by eez
hmm let me see... back out of all the work I put into this to spend more money on a different FI solution I will have different problems with...I don't think so.

If the problem is oil heating up and breaking down causing the bearings to fail, don't you think an oil cooler would be helpful, not just a gadget?

Best of luck....I was only trying to help you avoid all the hassel I have already been through. Hope it works for you- Jim
Old 08-18-2008 | 06:22 AM
4SHIZZIL

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Boozt
I went through 2 bowers with failed bearings and seals in less than an oil change......It took me 2 weeks of phone complaints and a thread I started on a forum "why I will never buy Vortech again" (I sent them a copy of the 300 hits in 3 days) and they sent me my money back. Granted, I has less than 3,000 miles on the kit, but I got my money back. If you're in the waranty period.....get your cash back. This is crap IMO. I took my cash and went STS turbo and I could not be happier. Good Luck- Jim
PS. I originally bought the unit through superchargers4less and they really stepped up to get me my money back. Ask your vendor to help you out.
dont run CATS with that turbo set up...if they fail...so will your turbo once it inhales all that magnesium!

test pipes should be the only way anyone should install these kits.

My two cents.
Old 08-18-2008 | 08:41 AM
Boozt

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
dont run CATS with that turbo set up...if they fail...so will your turbo once it inhales all that magnesium!

test pipes should be the only way anyone should install these kits.

My two cents.

interesting...I hadn't heard or thought of that. Post it the STS thread....Thanks- Jim