Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

procharger hp gain

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 09:21 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Chebosto
... it means something if its breaking so often you have to USE the warranty..
are you just gonna ignore the question?.......i'll type slower this time

what.......kind........of.........warranty.........does..... ...your.........turbo.......come.........with?
Old 08-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Dude. wtf is your problem. i'm not PE --i dont know what warranty they're going to release with the kit, its not even finalized yet.

i'm sure when PE figures it out, they'll let everyone know...

why you gotta be a jerk all the time?
Old 08-11-2003, 09:27 AM
ForceInduction

This thread is kind of funny. Since you are saying, “heat will determine reliability along with proper tuning”, then it does look like the s/c will be the best bet to go.

I conducted my own test today and this is what I got…..

I ran my s/c car for 20 minutes on the street. I pulled over and popped up the hood and sat on my supercharger. It was a little warm on the toosh but at the same time it was comfortable.

I then jumped in my friend’s turbo Honda and we drove around town for about 20 min or so, but we had to make a quick pit stop at In-N-Out Burger because I wanted a Double Double. We then drove to the shop and popped up the hood. I then sat on the turbo and to my surprise my toosh got burnt. OH-boy was it HOT on the azz-o-meter.

I guess from this little test that we performed the s/c seemed to run a lot cooler than the turbo. Thus making this more reliable since, “heat will determine reliability.”

But I guess I too rather have that piece of mind that the s/c is covered under warranty.

* Disclaimer *
Please do not try this test at home. All test were performed with proper training and by a skill professional. Test my result in bruised egos, irritation of the skin and or major burns to the glucose maxims.

Last edited by ForceInduction; 08-11-2003 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:43 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Chester, i know your not the regular guy you pretend to be.......you're trying to sell stuff........first the ECU, now this turbo.....your trying to slam the Procharger......and your trying to steal potential Procharger customer's and get them to buy your turbo.

If your products are all that you say they are, why are you PMing me and telling me to not disagree with you in the forums?
Old 08-11-2003, 10:07 AM
spazpilot

Originally posted by ForceInduction
Please do not try this test at home. All test were performed with proper training and by a skill professional. Test my result in bruised egos, irritation of the skin and or major burns to the glucose maxims.

Old 08-11-2003, 10:20 AM
spazpilot

I am pretty sure PE is not going to be offering a warranty. The only reason I say this is because Greddy doesn't offer one. Now IMO I am still planning on buying a turbocharger. I believe the only warranty Greddy has is the turbo alone which is 12 months from Mitsubishi (that is Mitsubishi's warranty not Greddy).
Old 08-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

i PM'd you to ask you why you're being such a jerk to me and to lay off when i post. obviously you dont want to be friendly, so whatevers.

Yea i do stand by the ECU and the Turbo. so? you're standing up for the Procharger. to each their own. am i stealing customers? well sorry dude, i dunno they were yours.

oh yea. if you could, my name is spelled Cheston.. C-H-E-S-T-O-N..

not chester..

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
Chester, i know your not the regular guy you pretend to be.......you're trying to sell stuff........first the ECU, now this turbo.....your trying to slam the Procharger......and your trying to steal potential Procharger customer's and get them to buy your turbo.

If your products are all that you say they are, why are you PMing me and telling me to not disagree with you in the forums?
Old 08-11-2003, 12:24 PM
little_rod

LOL, you guys are getting testy. Well, as a customer, I want all the info I can get from both sides. I have plenty of knowledge of TCs and SCs, so noone is going to led me down a path of fog. The advantages and disadvantages of BOTH are well known by most. But I do love to talk about what is coming out and get various peoples' experiences with the products.

Like I have said, I have patience. I might go FI, I might not. It comes down to 3 things for me: reliability, power, cost. IF setup right, both will be reliable. Generally and simply speaking, the turbo will make more power cause it can get max boost earlier, and the SC will cost less. With the SC, you get that 0.5 second jerk, but the turbo will make more power after that.

******* out either one is useless, everyone looks for a different combo of things they like to make them happy.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:10 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

i PM'd you to ask you why you're being such a jerk to me and to lay off when i post. obviously you dont want to be friendly, so whatevers.

Yea i do stand by the ECU and the Turbo. so? you're standing up for the Procharger. to each their own. am i stealing customers? well sorry dude, i dunno they were yours.

oh yea. if you could, my name is spelled Cheston.. C-H-E-S-T-O-N..

not chester..
I'm a consumer, not a vendor........i'm not trying to sell anything......but we can all see by your post that $$$ is exactly why you're in this thread

I think you're taking this all too personally Chester, i don't have anything against you, per se, just the BS you try to spread.......You're trying to say the Procharger is not reliable, you're trying to say RC injectors are not reliable, you imply that you know more about "correct tuning" than Apex'i and Nissan, and so on.......and so on........and so on.

You keep shooting yourself in the foot Chester.......i'm just trying to help you.

There are better ways to get your money back out of the ECU venture........perhaps if you offered modular services......say $150 to remove the speed governor, $150 to raise the rev limiter, and $300 for altered timing and A/F maps........let the customers tell YOU what THEY want......not the other way around.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:26 PM
12SecZ

Seconded, you also did a 180 on the N20 and FI on your ECU when I offered mine it was turned down because it was "modded."

I have never met you so I cannot dislike you, it's impossible. But I met someone from SO Cal who didn't speak highly of your business practices and he was a business man.

My 2 cents,

A. you shouln't flip flop so much
B. You shouldn't join competitors threads to put them down to make yours look good.

If a product is good it will sell itself. It's business 101.

And no this isn't attack but I don't like your DIY Or Shut The Fu** Up in you location area. I paid 1000.00 for my SC install and I will not STFU, thank you.

If the board members followed your motto in your avitar area the 3 Vendors in my sig would be out of busisness. Think on that please.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

i am not a vendor... and Thanks again for hacking my name, that's really cool....

as for the ECU, there is a money back guarantee, less shipping and handling of course. you dont like it? then eh, im sorry to have wasted your time.

as for Maxhax. im sorry about the N20 thing.. that was before they had the NOS program... which they have now... i guess its all about timing, eh?
Old 08-11-2003, 05:33 PM
12SecZ

It seems timing is everything.

I nixed the N20 and went FI anyway. No more N20.

I'm interested in raising the rev limiter but the engine key demobilizer thing seems to still be an issue so I am playing wait and see. I know another running the same program as you and he has the same issue on the key.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:45 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

You sure have a lot of links in your signature to a product that you have no financial interest in.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

do you know what sponsorship means?
Old 08-11-2003, 07:00 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
I'm a consumer, not a vendor........i'm not trying to sell anything......but we can all see by your post that $$$ is exactly why you're in this thread

I think you're taking this all too personally Chester, i don't have anything against you, per se, just the BS you try to spread.......You're trying to say the Procharger is not reliable, you're trying to say RC injectors are not reliable, you imply that you know more about "correct tuning" than Apex'i and Nissan, and so on.......and so on........and so on.

You keep shooting yourself in the foot Chester.......i'm just trying to help you.

There are better ways to get your money back out of the ECU venture........perhaps if you offered modular services......say $150 to remove the speed governor, $150 to raise the rev limiter, and $300 for altered timing and A/F maps........let the customers tell YOU what THEY want......not the other way around.
hes the one thats given up his car for testing and gone out of his way to find others for testing, maybe your just jealous because he gets its for free(im assuming), your the one running around whenever he creates a thread and attacking him.
when has he attacked either apex'i or nissan? all hes said about apex'i is piggybacks arent HIS thing

the fact that even when he asks you to stop mispronouncing his name you just do it more shows your just out to be a jerk to him in whatever way you can.

TS does offer all sorts of services, ask.

max, ill be nice cause you cleaned up your later posts, but that was a very personal attack directed towards cheston, im a huge ******* on these boards and i wouldnt even say something like that.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I can certainly confirm the fact that ihatethatbobbarker is indeed a huge *******.

J/K
Old 08-11-2003, 07:06 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

the great thing is ****off and ******* fit in the same space so whatever you imagine im saying works
Old 08-11-2003, 08:56 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
the great thing is ****off and ******* fit in the same space so whatever you imagine im saying works
Yeah, what the **** are you saying, you *********!

-*'**!
Old 08-11-2003, 09:52 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
hes the one thats given up his car for testing and gone out of his way to find others for testing, maybe your just jealous because he gets its for free(im assuming), your the one running around whenever he creates a thread and attacking him.
when has he attacked either apex'i or nissan? all hes said about apex'i is piggybacks arent HIS thing

the fact that even when he asks you to stop mispronouncing his name you just do it more shows your just out to be a jerk to him in whatever way you can.

TS does offer all sorts of services, ask.

max, ill be nice cause you cleaned up your later posts, but that was a very personal attack directed towards cheston, im a huge ******* on these boards and i wouldnt even say something like that.
Hey buddy, if you wanna roll around in his horsesh*t, be my guest.......as for the Apex'i slam, here it is:

man oh man,..... A/F isnt everything... just cuz its changeable from a stand alone unit like the AFC, you think its god. i'm just saying its more of a tuning tool than major change. if you were thinking logically, obviously large amounts of air such as boost can exceed the limit of the feedback loop can handle. the ECU will negate it to a certain point. but thats lost HP from an unefficient running ECU..

just open your eyes and stop being so biased all the time towards me... heck i could care less what you eventually do with your ATI... just saying if you want to run efficiently. i hope you do it right than just slapping on a fuel pressure riser/fuel pump.
Now that i look at that again, not only is he slamming Apex'i, but he's slamming Aeromotive.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

has it become to the point when you have nothing better to say than to poke fun of my name? disrespect reputable Z-related sponsors? AND try to pass it off that i'm the person doing everything wrong here on the forum?

damn man. you're sad.

Quick Reply: procharger hp gain