Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Haltech guys come in..

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 AM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcdash
What are the actual codes you are getting?

You should be able to read the O2 sensor value in ECU manager (just choose a number gauge and pick the A-O2 B1 and A-O2 B2 AFR channels) and under vacuum those should read near the target value. I think by now you've rewired to use your wideband so both banks should read the same (off of the single aftermarket wideband).

yeah that works fine. They both read the same from the single wideband. However..Im also metering o2 correction on a number gauge..and even with it enabled and set at 20/-20%-- 0psi-- 40%tps-- and 4000rpms I dont think its working. The o2 correction % stays at 0 and never moves.I figure at idle it would move a little?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
yeah that works fine. They both read the same from the single wideband. However..Im also metering o2 correction on a number gauge..and even with it enabled and set at 20/-20%-- 0psi-- 40%tps-- and 4000rpms I dont think its working. The o2 correction % stays at 0 and never moves.I figure at idle it would move a little?
I've never looked at that channel. I'll check it out tonight. I'm not certain what that correction % channel represents...
Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 AM
SnyperZ

Your correction tables are out of whack - air temp, coolant temp, battery voltage, etc...

I fixed all of that and got it all VERY close. Still a few parts to work on. If you looked at the first map I did youd laugh..esp compared to the new one.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:40 AM
SnyperZ

Also, I can't seem to get the wideband gauge and the ECU readout the same. Do you know the actual calibration for the ECU? Whenever I put in 0v/7.35 it goes to 7.4 instead of 7.35 and when I go to 5v/22.35 it goes to 22.4 and the gauge and ecu never read the same.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 AM
SnyperZ

I've never looked at that channel. I'll check it out tonight. I'm not certain what that correction % channel represents...

its supposed to show how much the ECU is adding/subtracting to get to the desired values..
Old 09-24-2008, 07:37 PM
SnyperZ

I think there might be something wrong with mine. o2 Correction doesnt work, and for some really odd reason the fueling seems to work backwords. Even Hal thought it was very straight on this one thing... On the temp correction I have to take away tons on fuel during warm up and slowly add it back. If I leave it with no corrected it goes from being VERY rich when cold and when it warms up to normal its fine and then when it gets hot it gets VERY lean......shouldn't it be the other way around?

Also, when the two-step is enabled in the ECU breaking it from ground should initiate it..so basically if the clip is unconnected it should work correct? It doesn't.

Last edited by SnyperZ; 09-24-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:25 PM
rcdash

I haven't implemented the 2 step.

My O1 and O2 correction values are also 0. We need Hal to chime in on this one. It would be nice to know what it is doing in terms of correction. I think my closed loop is working since it seems to adjust to the target a split second after it enters a cell. Hmmm....

Cold air is denser and should run leaner, so you need more fuel when cold. My correction table takes fuel away as it gets hotter. That is weird. Are you sure your post start enrichment table isn't too heavy on the fuel after start up? The axes should be time versus temperature with fuel as the data in the cell.

Props for learning as you go man, but you may really want to take it to a pro and have them teach you about each component if they're willing, particularly if something isn't quite right. Timing especially - need that dyno!!! Best of luck though - you might need a little - lol. j/k, well, not really actually.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:50 PM
SnyperZ

I haven't implemented the 2 step.

My O1 and O2 correction values are also 0. We need Hal to chime in on this one. It would be nice to know what it is doing in terms of correction. I think my closed loop is working since it seems to adjust to the target a split second after it enters a cell. Hmmm....

Cold air is denser and should run leaner, so you need more fuel when cold. My correction table takes fuel away as it gets hotter. That is weird. Are you sure your post start enrichment table isn't too heavy on the fuel after start up? The axes should be time versus temperature with fuel as the data in the cell.

Props for learning as you go man, but you may really want to take it to a pro and have them teach you about each component if they're willing, particularly if something isn't quite right. Timing especially - need that dyno!!! Best of luck though - you might need a little - lol. j/k, well, not really actually.
haha well so far so good..I cant tell you enough how much I absolutely beat the **** out of this thing..and for post start..what should the numbers be around??? post start only goes to 60 seconds....what happens now is..I get PERFECT 14.7 at start up..and then it will go a little lean(i just fixed that with the temp correction..im at -6 at 40*@23.5hg and work my way up to 0 by 185..and then have to add fuel after 200*..and if the car sits and idles for about 10 min..the car goes up to 17-18afr....youd think it would do the opposite...I have air temp set to 0from 72* and up..anything below that and I add fuel to compensate for the cold air..but I set everything else at 0 just to see what would happen....
Old 09-24-2008, 09:51 PM
SnyperZ

I think my closed loop is working since it seems to adjust to the target a split second after it enters a cell. Hmmm....

mine doesnt...even with max values set..
Old 09-25-2008, 06:45 AM
rcdash

I have an e-mail in to Hal to ask about the O2 correction %. The cold start enrichment is going away, and I think that's why it's going lean. The rpms and load site changes as the engine heats up also - so maybe you're in a different cell. You may need to increase resolution (insert more cells!!!). You can change post-start enrichment to whatever you want (mine only goes through 60 secs). There are multiple ways to skin this cat - looks like you've got it near where you want it...
Old 09-25-2008, 07:40 AM
SnyperZ

I have an e-mail in to Hal to ask about the O2 correction %. The cold start enrichment is going away, and I think that's why it's going lean. The rpms and load site changes as the engine heats up also - so maybe you're in a different cell. You may need to increase resolution (insert more cells!!!). You can change post-start enrichment to whatever you want (mine only goes through 60 secs). There are multiple ways to skin this cat - looks like you've got it near where you want it...

I have it from 500 to 6500 in 250rpm incriments. And Even when I turn off post start up..it does exactly the same thing. However now..the car runs perfectly...until it starts to "heatsoak" from stop-n-go and just sitting there changing all the tables...other than that I have to work on a few spots on the map but the gas mileage quadrupled since ive started to figure it out..it just doesnt make sense that I have to add so much fuel up top(coolant temp) and take away so much fuel at startup/warm up..it should be the opposite..unless of course theres something else that im missing. I have airtemp correct at 0 from 70* and up..and I add a little around 60 and work my way down..so I know thats not causing the issue..
Old 09-25-2008, 10:01 AM
rcdash

you can add cells horizontally also. rpms won't change as the car heats up (after the first 20 secs or so), but the load will move around a bit. Of course that depends on how you set up timing, whether you put the stock ECU in control for some of the timing, whether you have timing corrections based on temperature in place, etc... Do all your AFRs go lean when it gets hot or just at idle?

EDIT: I really am not sure what is going on with your setup and I am not a pro tuner - just to be clear - I may be misleading you. I would e-mail Hal and/or maybe take this discussion to a phone call.

Last edited by rcdash; 09-25-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:08 AM
SnyperZ

you can add cells horizontally also. rpms won't change as the car heats up (after the first 20 secs or so), but the load will move around a bit. Of course that depends on how you set up timing, whether you put the stock ECU in control for some of the timing, whether you have timing corrections based on temperature in place, etc... Do all your AFRs go lean when it gets hot or just at idle?

EDIT: I really am not sure what is going on with your setup and I am not a pro tuner - just to be clear - I may be misleading you. I would e-mail Hal and/or maybe take this discussion to a phone call.
It goes really lean at idle and seems to lean out across the board slightly until boost.... I have stock timing up to 2500rpms at 0psi then whatever hal wrote for me. I only increased timing .5 on all cells..staying easy on it. What other parameters would effect that? You would think the hotter the car the richer it would run no? ESP with temp correction off on the air temp..
Old 09-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

It still sounds to me like something is out of wack here. The car should be able to run without o2 correction at all - I typically tune that way and then turn o2 feedback on at the end to ensure it stays running prime.

The o2 feedback channels showing what it is doing are called "O2 Correction 1" and "O2 Correction 2" referring to each bank.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 AM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
It still sounds to me like something is out of wack here. The car should be able to run without o2 correction at all - I typically tune that way and then turn o2 feedback on at the end to ensure it stays running prime.

The o2 feedback channels showing what it is doing are called "O2 Correction 1" and "O2 Correction 2" referring to each bank.
I set it up with o2 control off then turned it on to help me out in areas I might not of made perfect..however even when viewing the 02 correction 1 and 2(with it enabled of course)...the % stays at 0 at all times..I figure it might move at least a little no? Also I can't seem to get my afrs on the ecu to match up to what the guage is saying...do you have the exact offset voltage?(the ecu wont read 7.35 it goes right to 7.4)
Old 09-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

What values do you have in for o2 feedback under main setup?

Your o2 offset voltage is specific to your car. Use the analog input channels (AV6 = bank1, AV8 = bank2) to see the exact voltages coming in. You may have to offset the entire table (meaning add/subtract an amount to the voltage values) to get it aligned perfectly depending on where they are grounded.

For example, if I am using an innovate wideband and it is 1v=10afr and 2v=20afr, I will command the wideband to output constant voltages of 1 and 2v and record the voltage Haltech sees coming in. If it was 1.25v and 2.25v, I will set my calibrations 1.25v=10afr, 2.25=20afr
Old 09-25-2008, 11:14 AM
SnyperZ

What values do you have in for o2 feedback under main setup?

Your o2 offset voltage is specific to your car. Use the analog input channels (AV6 = bank1, AV8 = bank2) to see the exact voltages coming in. You may have to offset the entire table (meaning add/subtract an amount to the voltage values) to get it aligned perfectly depending on where they are grounded.

For example, if I am using an innovate wideband and it is 1v=10afr and 2v=20afr, I will command the wideband to output constant voltages of 1 and 2v and record the voltage Haltech sees coming in. If it was 1.25v and 2.25v, I will set my calibrations 1.25v=10afr, 2.25=20afr

Im not sure what you mean. I know how to calibrate it however I dont know how to get both hi and low voltage.. my innovative is 0=7.35 5=22.35 however the ecu will only allow 7.4 and 22.4..what would you do in that case?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

I would leave it, or change it in the innovate software to be 0v=7.4 and 5v=22.4. Unless you are really good at telling a difference of 5 hundredths of an AFR, I'm guessing your problem is more than .05 afr of a difference, which will typically be a ground offset.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:58 AM
SnyperZ

I would leave it, or change it in the innovate software to be 0v=7.4 and 5v=22.4. Unless you are really good at telling a difference of 5 hundredths of an AFR, I'm guessing your problem is more than .05 afr of a difference, which will typically be a ground offset.

Where should the grounds be placed?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

I have setup many widebands power/ground in the Haltech patch harness with good success and minimal offset issues.

Quick Reply: Haltech guys come in..