Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Haltech guys come in..

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 12:03 PM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Haltech guys come in..

Just wondering what kind of codes(if any) your Zs are throwing with the haltech. I keep getting 2 random misfire codes, 02 sensors hi volts, and cam angle..anyone have any ideas on the 1st and and last? The car has new spark plugs and the haltech doesnt read any misses. The codes pop up within 5 miles of driving.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:49 PM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope Zero, I have an 03 and getting haltech this month
Old 09-14-2008, 01:57 PM
booger

I have had mine for several months....F/I and N/A ...no codes at all
Old 09-14-2008, 03:03 PM
SnyperZ

Wonder why the same codes would pop up.. I know why the o2 sensor code pops up but not the other 2. I expect the o2 one since im FI and running very rich
Old 09-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Cam codes, and 02 related codes are pretty normal, since the stock ECU is no longer controlling cam angles, or fuel trims. The misfire code somewhat unusual. I seen RCM codes with the UTEC, but very very rarely with a Haltech or FCON.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:40 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Cam codes, and 02 related codes are pretty normal, since the stock ECU is no longer controlling cam angles, or fuel trims. The misfire code somewhat unusual. I seen RCM codes with the UTEC, but very very rarely with a Haltech or FCON.
I get two or three of the same code(mutiple random misfire) and the o2 codes...both banks 2 times each.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Blackbird CPV35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i permanently have a pass side cam sensor code because we had to wire the cam sensor straight into the haltech
Old 09-14-2008, 06:06 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by Blackbird CPV35
i permanently have a pass side cam sensor code because we had to wire the cam sensor straight into the haltech
Mine says something about cam angle advanced or something..i have to go look at the code again..I have nothing hard wired accept the wideband...
Old 09-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Snyper, post up the actual codes please as it will be helpful for diagnosing what is wrong with the car.

The o2 sensor codes are almost always tuning related, the misses are typically tuning/plugs/coils related (not to be confused with the Haltech miss counter, which refers to cam/crank sync), and the cam timing codes are from cam timing targets that do not match stock. The cam timing codes should not trip the CEL light by themselves.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:27 AM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Snyper, post up the actual codes please as it will be helpful for diagnosing what is wrong with the car.

The o2 sensor codes are almost always tuning related, the misses are typically tuning/plugs/coils related (not to be confused with the Haltech miss counter, which refers to cam/crank sync), and the cam timing codes are from cam timing targets that do not match stock. The cam timing codes should not trip the CEL light by themselves.

Every once in a while ill get a miss(haltech) here and there..but its very random..what would cause that? I will get the actual codes and numbers and post them up tonight.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Depends, the miss counter will show 0 or 1 after starting. Is that what you are talking about, or are you talking about additional misses beyond that?
Old 09-15-2008, 11:28 AM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Depends, the miss counter will show 0 or 1 after starting. Is that what you are talking about, or are you talking about additional misses beyond that?
first day I had it I got 3 but I didnt have the map hooked up haha....but since then..yes during start up I randomly get 1 but thats it..it never goes up. Another issue I have is sometimes at idle my car runs rich, so I lean it out and it goes 14.7 And if I leave it like that it will change to 16-17..then I fatten it back up and it goes back to 14.7...then it will go back to 12-13..I have the o2 control on as well..with the max value set (25/-25)..other than that off idle it runs perfect and under boost it stays a constant 11.0-11.2(nice and safe)

Last edited by SnyperZ; 09-15-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:46 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

With an Osiris reflash, 0 codes, 1200 miles and counting. (intake cam angle and AF sensors are going to read a little whack to the stock ECU so Osiris is for the time being the only sure fire way to eliminate those). SnyperZ, that idle AF is really odd - did you hook up your wideband to the Haltech?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:29 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by rcdash
With an Osiris reflash, 0 codes, 1200 miles and counting. (intake cam angle and AF sensors are going to read a little whack to the stock ECU so Osiris is for the time being the only sure fire way to eliminate those). SnyperZ, that idle AF is really odd - did you hook up your wideband to the Haltech?

Yes. All the target afrs are good..and its strange because at idle my car needs alot more fuel(if you see the cells it would make sense) I right now the two blocks where it idles I have it set at 96. And what happens is if I leave it like that at first the car idles nice with a 14.6-15.0 afr..then after a while of driving it goes up to 16...so I have to bring the fuel on those cells up to 105 to get it back down to 14.7..then it will be fine for a while..then out of nowhere the afr will drop to 12.5-13 so I have to take fuel back out back down to 95 or 96. The wideband is hooked up through the haltech and reads good. What im wondering is I know the wideband can be programmed to read slower and from the factory its set to "instant" I read that when hooked to ecus "instant" can be too fast for the ECU to read and it should be slows down to (i forgot the actual number its in the book)..could that be a problem? It would kind of make sense but who knows? I have o2 correction set to max values up to 3500rpms and up to 1psi.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:43 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

^ sounds like you still need to be tuned :P

What is o2 correction doing - have you monitored it? Without having any more info than that, I would guess one of your compensations is not set up properly. You need to find out what is changing, such as air temp or coolant temp and make the adjustments to those correction tables.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 AM
SnyperZ

Ok Im getting the camshaft actuator A over advanced on both banks, random misfire and front o2 sensors hi voltage. Also how do I know if the o2 control is working. I have the values set to 20/-20 and its enabled but when I read o2 corrected on a number gauge it just stays at 0.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the P0011 and P0021 codes every 100-200 miles or so, but that is to be expected. I'm sure the issue will be resolved eventually, and in the meantime, I just use a code reader I have to reset the codes every time they come up, and make sure there are no other codes coming up.

Edit: I have a revup engine, and from what I understand, the non-revups shouldn't get those codes. I could be wrong, though

Last edited by Dave 90TT; 09-24-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added information
Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 AM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
I get the P0011 and P0021 codes every 100-200 miles or so, but that is to be expected. I'm sure the issue will be resolved eventually, and in the meantime, I just use a code reader I have to reset the codes every time they come up, and make sure there are no other codes coming up.

Edit: I have a revup engine, and from what I understand, the non-revups shouldn't get those codes. I could be wrong, though

Well on my car the intake cams are adjustable.on yours both are. Thats why mine says actuator A. on both banks..theres no B in my car.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:31 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
Ok Im getting the camshaft actuator A over advanced on both banks, random misfire and front o2 sensors hi voltage. Also how do I know if the o2 control is working. I have the values set to 20/-20 and its enabled but when I read o2 corrected on a number gauge it just stays at 0.
What are the actual codes you are getting?

You should be able to read the O2 sensor value in ECU manager (just choose a number gauge and pick the A-O2 B1 and A-O2 B2 AFR channels) and under vacuum those should read near the target value. I think by now you've rewired to use your wideband so both banks should read the same (off of the single aftermarket wideband).
Old 09-24-2008, 09:32 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
Yes. All the target afrs are good..and its strange because at idle my car needs alot more fuel(if you see the cells it would make sense) I right now the two blocks where it idles I have it set at 96. And what happens is if I leave it like that at first the car idles nice with a 14.6-15.0 afr..then after a while of driving it goes up to 16...so I have to bring the fuel on those cells up to 105 to get it back down to 14.7..then it will be fine for a while..then out of nowhere the afr will drop to 12.5-13 so I have to take fuel back out back down to 95 or 96. The wideband is hooked up through the haltech and reads good. What im wondering is I know the wideband can be programmed to read slower and from the factory its set to "instant" I read that when hooked to ecus "instant" can be too fast for the ECU to read and it should be slows down to (i forgot the actual number its in the book)..could that be a problem? It would kind of make sense but who knows? I have o2 correction set to max values up to 3500rpms and up to 1psi.
Your correction tables are out of whack - air temp, coolant temp, battery voltage, etc...

Quick Reply: Haltech guys come in..