Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

405RWHP @ 8psi w Vortech 3.12 pulley

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:56 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deanfootlong
vortech kit with ss box, fmu, inline fuel pump. stock injectors, no return. stock cats, stock headers. 3.12 pulley gets me to about 8-8.5 psi and its on a dyno dynamics. so its probably a lil bit higher than your dynopack readings.

BUT...........!!!!

i sold the kit. so i have about 240 whp. so, you got me beat. haha.
yeah dyno dynamics reads < than dynapack without a doubt...

Im so happy with how the car drives..I dont have any wheel spin (chirp) even when power shifting...the car is perfect IMO...any more power would require using less of it to get going and to maintain control. My car is extremely predicable and even at speeds of 50 mph going sideways is controllable/predicatable.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 09-19-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:40 AM
deanfootlong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hell ya dude. im glad it worked out well for you. tons of people put the vortech kit on and down make any power worth mentioning. so you are another one of the lucky ones. enjoy that whp. should be a blast. i already miss having 405 whp. oh well.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nvmnd lol
Old 09-19-2008, 09:00 AM
4SHIZZIL

the numbers and dyno can be agrued all day but my goal was to hang with a stock C6 or C5Z06, Viper Copperhead, or Shelby GT500... I accomplished that and a tad more...lol. So the numbers are not to die for...the performance speaks for itself. I know there are HUGE HP folks around here who think the three cars that I mentioned are slow... but for me..they are all cars I wanted to buy because from the factory they are badazz... I now know that they read GZILLA from my rear license plate and though NISSAN Skyline 350GT WTF! A NISSAN! Thus those cars are not worth the money to me anymore. Plus its fun modding a car..who mods a VIPER...hell who can afford one? Not me, thats for sure.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:53 AM
rx7/350z

3.12 pulley 404hp and 338tq
Old 09-19-2008, 10:45 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by rx7/350z
3.12 pulley 404hp and 338tq
@8psi? RevUp kit or 9psi on non-revup kit? I didnt add the 3.12 pulley i think folks are getting my post/thread confused.

8psi is the kicker!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by aguita
yea I noticed that but...when a unichip is used the SS box and FMU are deleted?? im asking bc I want to get similar numbers but using the SS box and stock fmu,inj if this can be possible..thanks
upgrade your FMU to a JWT one, and you should be good to go. That's the setup I will be running once I get my car back in the shop.

Great numbers OP. I had no idea you can attain those numbers still just using the crappy unichip.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Unichip isnt crappy at low boost levels. It's just that most shops would lead you to believe you need a UTEC as a minimum.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:10 AM
deanfootlong

now go see if it can actually hang with a c5 zo6. sure the hp number looks good. but will it do it......
Old 09-19-2008, 11:12 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Alberto
The Unichip isnt crappy at low boost levels. It's just that most shops would lead you to believe you need a UTEC as a minimum.

plus 1

errrry one hates Unichip..what did they ever do the them? LOL

Ill look into the JWT FMU but I dont want any more power...again I am not nice to my car at all...I needed a limit and I am there...

Future mods...

Oil pan spacer
Ahns special edition Oil Cooler
NISMO thermostat
Bigger Radiator

just to cool things off a bit.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:16 AM
4SHIZZIL

now go see if it can actually hang with a c5 zo6. sure the hp number looks good. but will it do it......
C5Z06 with exhaust = dead
Viper 500HP Auto Copper head = dead
C6 manual bone stock = dead
Shelby GT500 bone stock =dead

thanks was all on my 388 tune....

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 09-19-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Even if he lists the cars he has beat, people will always argue about the conditions of the runs, the drivers experience, etc. Corey doesnt lie about $hit like that fwiw...
Old 09-19-2008, 12:32 PM
4SHIZZIL

I must admint I do like the look on peoples faces..but to be honest I have never even come close to maxing my car out... I built it for power not speed its a big diff. I dont like drag racing or even the occasion 3rd gear drop...

I like going sideways and the NA G35 couldnt keep her at angle over about 38mph... now she is more than capable to kickout sideways at 60mph+ and I love it....
thats the main purpose of my build...the car is strong. JE said its the highest SC they ever seen with the stock setup....i think its my second oil consumption engine from japan vs the new mexico mass produced pieces of shizzil..

I am not here to brag...i just want to show folks a different perspective from the norm. You can choose to be like everyone esle...or simply try diff things.

i like to be diff and try diff things....to each their own.

the only way i would rock a set of volks if they were free....every model is so plaid out.... their are tons more out there!

Work Varianza T1S's FTW! Even these are becoming plaid out....good thing I customized the hell out of mine...lol

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 09-19-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
deanfootlong

youre an interesting dude. how old are you just out of curiosity?
Old 09-19-2008, 03:40 PM
4SHIZZIL

youre an interesting dude. how old are you just out of curiosity?

im a trip man I know...im 32
Old 09-19-2008, 03:46 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
I must admint I do like the look on peoples faces..but to be honest I have never even come close to maxing my car out... I built it for power not speed its a big diff. I dont like drag racing or even the occasion 3rd gear drop...

I like going sideways and the NA G35 couldnt keep her at angle over about 38mph... now she is more than capable to kickout sideways at 60mph+ and I love it....
thats the main purpose of my build...the car is strong. JE said its the highest SC they ever seen with the stock setup....i think its my second oil consumption engine from japan vs the new mexico mass produced pieces of shizzil..

I am not here to brag...i just want to show folks a different perspective from the norm. You can choose to be like everyone esle...or simply try diff things.

i like to be diff and try diff things....to each their own.

the only way i would rock a set of volks if they were free....every model is so plaid out.... their are tons more out there!

Work Varianza T1S's FTW! Even these are becoming plaid out....good thing I customized the hell out of mine...lol

Could you get a video of you going 60mph and stepping on the pedal and getting the car sideways ??? PLEASE !!!!

You have nice car and Im sure you are enjoying it . But knock down your excitement a knotch and keep it real ....lol
Old 09-19-2008, 07:45 PM
4SHIZZIL

Exclamation

Originally Posted by booger
Could you get a video of you going 60mph and stepping on the pedal and getting the car sideways ??? PLEASE !!!!

You have nice car and Im sure you are enjoying it . But knock down your excitement a knotch and keep it real ....lol
so a stock car can drift at 38mph and one with 200hp more cant exceed 12 more mph?

Dude calm down and relax..you internet gurus are so literal...its not like I drive down the highway and decide hey... I think I drift....

once in a drift, controlled environment..the car is very capable of maitaing a nice angle at speed upto 60mph... so pro drift cars with 500wheel do 90mph....I guess they are full of shizzil too.

you are too serious man...leave the red bulls to me...your body over reacts on them..lol

you will have footage soon enough... this is my third set of rears since june my friend..and I dont do burn outs to melt them down... I drive the **** out of my car...again..no need to prove anything to you or anyone....thats why I built the car...for my enjoyment..not for internet bragging rights..this is one of 3 projects of mine man...However I am seriously thinking about leaving my Gov IT Security consulting job to go pro/drift... but I want to do it via non-profit so I am working on that...

My ***** are big enough...no need for me to drive a huge truck with 44s on it, build a 700 wheel beast, or lie on the web about having fun in my car..

thanks for your serious and strong concern to correct me and make the internet a better place. We need more police via the web. Its what I do for a living..except when I catch people at work while playing internet cop, they go to jail for a long time. Go thing the punished arent the strict here right...id be toast!

and to clarify for the boobboogernoob (LOL)..I dont kick out my car while driving down the road at 60mph, I misslead you with those words...but once in a turn I can now increase my speeds upto about 60-62 before my knuckles turn white....geeesch!

On a more serious note..

I just drove from DC to Richmond VA (88miles) I came out with 33.4 mile average...I did 71 the entire way....thats like 8-9mpg up from my no boosted average! Whoo hooo.....or is the factory ECU all screwed up with the bigger injectors...the gas needle didnt move so I am assuming it is right?

Anyone know about that? Bigger injector throwing off Navigation Factory ECU fuel consumption?

I appreciate you cleaning the web of filth and lies...

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 09-21-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:47 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trust me on this guys Corey can do things in his car that should not be allowed to be done...........i have seen it.Dude i hope i see you down at the FT meet on sunday.......maybe just maybe ill get in the culdasac this time.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
SC 350Z

^ and another thing people sum people know is that corey did over 400hp on a very small amount of money!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:25 PM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by SC 350Z
^ and another thing people sum people know is that corey did over 400hp on a very small amount of money!!!!!!!!!!!!
vortech
mods
2 tunes
3dynos

under 6K!

I troll the threads for once in a life time deals..plus it took me 2 years to get all the parts... the car is predicted to be about 360-365 on Daves from Function Tuned Dyno Dynamics Dyno...compared to cars that have slightly more that I hang with. 380-390 guys with Z's. its not about the speed....its about the drift power...

Greddy TTz with 9.5psi pulls on me hard in 3rd (car) then slow in 4th..he is rated at about 380 on Daves I think.

Quick Reply: 405RWHP @ 8psi w Vortech 3.12 pulley