Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

405RWHP @ 8psi w Vortech 3.12 pulley

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:32 PM
SC 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-22-2008, 06:32 PM
weslutes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're crazy, every time u post u make me laugh.
Not bad. Good decision on the Vortec.
For a while there, I could have sworn you were going to get a Stillen SC.
Probably superchargedg's influence.
Seriously though:
C5Z06 with exhaust = dead
Viper 500HP Auto Copper head = dead
C6 manual bone stock = dead
Shelby GT500 bone stock =dead

thanks was all on my 388 tune....

All of those cars have close to or more than 400wtq & shouldn't have a problem competing with your G.
You have to go up to 6200 rpm's to hit 317wtq

Kinda jealous though, I spent WAY more to get 399whp & 344wtq at 7psi @4500rpm
Old 09-23-2008, 03:51 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Weslutes...

its like a grandpa fishing story..its true but the reality is that with the list above..other than the vetts....those car are heavy...the GT500 is almost 4300lbs..thats like me trying to race pulling two motorcycles and a trailer...that is a huge diff.

the viper was a CopperHead was an auto and convertible.(so its heavy) I had like 5 other cars as witnesses...he threw it in 3rd while doing 65mph....I waited a second, because wife was in the car (my bday Skyline Drive run) then hit it...maintained in 3rd..and SLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWLLLLY walked him down in 4th. But I caught him after about 2.5 car lead and momentum.
I screamed so loud I lost my voice when I saw that I was catching him...meanwhile my wife was screaming for me to slow down in the other ear....it was the best bday gift she ever gave me....LOL

Also consider the drag coefficient factor as speeds over 90mph! that Viper and GT500 are like Jeep Wranglers at 100MPH...they suck big time....

I pulled the C6 in third so he quit by 4th...but we did it 3 times...

The C5z06 was not in the best shape, but he was a typic vett guy and he tailed me for about 2 miles until i punched it. (he was behind) by the end of 5TH he was about 4 cars back and I was still slooooowwwlly pulling.

I also ran a 350W EVO...that thing pulled on me about 2.5 cars..I thought...he spanked me...then 4th gear I realled him in like a small mouth.

so the list isnt that impressive...its just the fact that the car is a top end beast...

the GreddyTT Z was with me during that C6 run and witnessed it too...he pulls on me abuot a car and a half to two cars in 3rd....but even in 4th he can not pull all that much...I cant explain it....its just what it is.

Im glad I make you laugh, I find these forum more for entertainment reasons....until I need a part or advise..most take things waaaay too seriously. I also should see someone about my daily redbull addiction...

LOL

The car below absoultely blew the doors off the Viper...his exact words were.... "I was NOT impressed with that Viper man, your car hung better than his....WTF!" But he was sitting at 550+ HP to the wheels...dynodynamics... This was the goal and benchmark that I used to build my car, Karl is a detail junky and neve skips any steps/corners. I STILL CANT BELIEVE HE SOLD THE RIDE...see part out thread HERE

The viper owner is the boss of the guy with no shirt....halfway on the drive back home he recieves a text message from his boss saying, "I need more power!" I guess the NISSAN/INFINITI beating hurt is feelings....I know it would hurt mine! LOL

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 09-23-2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 AM
PolarBearppw
Just a radiator

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL

Greddy TTz with 9.5psi pulls on me hard in 3rd (car) then slow in 4th..he is rated at about 380 on Daves I think.
I put down 368@ 9psi on Dave's dyno. Last time I watched the EVC in 4th gear I was getting about 8.3psi.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the viper was a CopperHead was an auto and convertible.(so its heavy)
There are no automatic Vipers. If he left it in 3rd at 65mph like you said he was in the wrong gear by a good bit. He should have dropped 2nd. They trap 118+mph with good drivers, dont sleep on em.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 AM
bigslim350Z

Corey, you could always start by racing Zain at track day. Since he is an auto he has the advantage with launching and not worrying about shifting.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:10 PM
weslutes

Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you don't. Those cars aren't THAT much heavier, maybe 200-300pounds. Nothing 100-150whp&wtq can't fix.
When I had the Stillen SC I dynoed near 300whp & 290trq, I added a 55 shot of n2o & thought I had a chance with ANY car....

Until I pulled next to a Porsche turbo with 4 dudes packed in like a sardine can.
Man, he walked all over me.
Then I knew where I sat.

Now all that limits me is my injectors(400cc).

Let me tell you, the navigation MPG is way off after FI. There is a way to cut the MPG function to enable the Navigation while you are moving.

Anyways, have fun. That initial high is the best!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:29 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigslim350Z
Corey, you could always start by racing Zain at track day. Since he is an auto he has the advantage with launching and not worrying about shifting.

he kills me from a dig...I know better..all of the cars listed would kill me from a dig..Im not a dig racer....I am a sideways runner... I dont race my car that often..

I pulled Zain at 60 and stayed steady...
then from 40 he did the same to me... he has beat a list of the same cars listed above...

this thread was created to show that dynos HP, and Marketing hype is all subjective. I showed and proved 405 from a shop that has street credit. I did all of this on a tight budget and due to a huge mortgage(s). I love my car and i dont claim to be a bad azz. I let people drive it all the time...I jump it over intersections... and drift it every chance I get. I love my car and I HATE down time...I have created a respectible car (on paper and on the street) with a few funds...

thanks for all the input from everyone. I respect everyone and thier opinion, even booger that thinks I am full of BS with my slideways 60mph drifts in my practice areas... Third set of rears since june!

Build what you want, how you want...use it the same. I want to drive my car more than drag, brag, dift, or bs...I just want to drive my car more than anything..

laters..
Old 10-10-2008, 01:05 PM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite

Thumbs up

Corey got big nutz.. I seen him move his 35 sideways he's a wild dude. I'm going to still walk on that *** once I get this tune lol. Good numbers man.

he kills me from a dig...I know better..all of the cars listed would kill me from a dig..Im not a dig racer....I am a sideways runner... I dont race my car that often..

I pulled Zain at 60 and stayed steady...
then from 40 he did the same to me... he has beat a list of the same cars listed above...

this thread was created to show that dynos HP, and Marketing hype is all subjective. I showed and proved 405 from a shop that has street credit. I did all of this on a tight budget and due to a huge mortgage(s). I love my car and i dont claim to be a bad azz. I let people drive it all the time...I jump it over intersections... and drift it every chance I get. I love my car and I HATE down time...I have created a respectible car (on paper and on the street) with a few funds...

thanks for all the input from everyone. I respect everyone and thier opinion, even booger that thinks I am full of BS with my slideways 60mph drifts in my practice areas... Third set of rears since june!

Build what you want, how you want...use it the same. I want to drive my car more than drag, brag, dift, or bs...I just want to drive my car more than anything..

laters..

Last edited by sajazzman007; 10-10-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:14 PM
civic4982

got a chance to ride in this car last week since I was in the area.

I think my heart took a little pause when we a little bit of sideways action in a cul-de-sac.

we datalogged some and the car is running really swell!

can't wait to get back to my car in H-Town.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:17 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wtf

For a while there, I could have sworn you were going to get a Stillen SC.
Probably superchargedg's influence.
WTF is wrong with you...as i would never direct somebody to a stillen s/c ever again.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:58 PM
weslutes

Joke.
We're in the same boat.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:49 PM
sentry65
the burninator

thanks for the kind words 4shizzil - I must not have caught this thread when it was first active

sounds like you kicked a lot of *** with those other cars
Old 10-11-2008, 12:54 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by weslutes
Joke.
We're in the same boat.
I was joking as well.