Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Powerlab issues(after a month of driving)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Driver06
That sucks, but it could have been a lot worse.
Aluminum hardline, an oxymoron at its finest.. like jumbo shrimp

The vertical part in the new weld, is that just a booger?, or did he have to chase a hole?

no the pipe actually tore right there.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:15 AM
captj3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
..No. I got the usual "we'll call you back"..3 days ago. I gave up on that so I fixed it myself.

Wow, not the greatest customer service.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:03 PM
iflyjets86

ya, dont even get me started
Old 10-09-2008, 03:08 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by iflyjets86

x2
Old 10-09-2008, 03:16 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

..No. I got the usual "we'll call you back"..3 days ago. I gave up on that so I fixed it myself.

Update...powersteering is done for. The downpipe rubbed through the alum. hardline and left the fluid all over the road. Looks like ill be taking everything out to replace that line.
Probably because you have been a nightmare of a customer that they are tired of dealing with.

I was at the shop when you called countless times and kept changing your order again and again and again. I was there when you called about a half dozen times because you wouldn't take Han's word for it that they shipped you a GT37R turbo (as ordered) instead of a GT35R. I was also there when you called again and again and again as they held your hand through the entire DIY install process. They have been VERY patient and accomodating to one of the most difficult customers I have ever witnessed calling the shop.

And the cracked pipe isn't gonna be covered under warranty, because you modified the piping yourself during the install.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:27 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Probably because you have been a nightmare of a customer that they are tired of dealing with.

I was at the shop when you called countless times and kept changing your order again and again and again. I was there when you called about a half dozen times because you wouldn't take Han's word for it that they shipped you a GT37R turbo (as ordered) instead of a GT35R. I was also there when you called again and again and again as they held your hand through the entire DIY install process. They have been VERY patient and accomodating to one of the most difficult customers I have ever witnessed calling the shop.

And the cracked pipe isn't gonna be covered under warranty, because you modified the piping yourself during the install.

Ok see...I wasn't going to get into it..so they can blame you for this. Ive spent money with countless shops before and its never been an issue. They've been by far the worst company ive ever dealt with. You can say whatever the hell you want about me being a night mare...let me let you in on a few things.

1.We will start out with the 1,000 calls. When I first called up I got a specific deadline(because I was planning other things around this)..and I told Pete if that wasnt the case it wasnt a big deal..just let me know and he ASSURED me it was. That date came and passed..so I called a few days later"oh it will ship out on friday". So I call the following monday.."Oh it will ship out on Wednesday" Called back that friday "Oh it will ship out on monday" I seriously heard that more than 5 times. And it was ********. They NEVER returned my calls, they never answered any of my questions. Im sorry but when you spend almost 10,000 in 20 min. youd kinda like to be left in the loop of things.

2. The turbo. The part number ON the turbo says its a GT35r..along with the box it came in that says 35r that was blacked out with marker. I called a few places and every one of them said it was a normal 35r..so you tell me if youd be worried? Then I was told it WAS a 35r with a bigger wheel.

3. They held my hand? Noone held my f*cking hand. I called up because I was having so many problems with the kit fitting like absolute ****. You have to see how much stuff I had to cut out of the engine bay to get it to fit. Maybe they rushed mine..but it STILL doesnt fit. They sent me an overflow tank that was too small along with a bunch of other issues. Also they send me parts and didnt know what they were for..so I had to keep calling to find out until they finally realized they were parts for a rev up motor.

4. If I was so difficult why did they keep appologizing for the shitty customer service? Im sorry but when you tell me something stick with it..I got 10,000 ******** stories and I was sick of it. I cant tell you enough how many times I called for some info and I was told "ill have someone call you back" Even this week for example. I called got Pete..and he said "ill have han call you back" I knew he wouldnt call me back and I was right..I didnt even bother calling back.

5. That pipe isnt covered under warantee?? Why not? I didnt modify that pipe at all..I had to shorten the downpipe almost an inch to prevent the dump tube from completely ripping the wastegate off...that flex section only flexes so much...now its almost perfect. Even my welder saw that issue..You can tell the pipes were NOT tested fitted to a car as they shoulda been. Its not install error its manufacturing error. The dump tube is too short...and was pulling on the wastegate...so how the hell is that my fault? You make it sound like this is my first time...Ive helped build 1 off kits for 10.5 outlaw cars making in excess of 2000hp, ive built myself over 5 cars and never had any issues like this..even with my LS6 RX7..so don't talk sh*t when you have no idea what your talking about.

Bottom line is no customer should be treated like this. I spent ALOT of money with them and should of been treated a little better. I understood Petes condition and was patient enough. If they had told me from the beginning it woulda taken 2 months I wouldnt of cared in the least. But after the 20th excuse it gets old fast.

Last edited by SnyperZ; 10-09-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:33 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Old 10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Ok see...I wasn't going to get into it..so they can blame you for this. Ive spent money with countless shops before and its never been an issue. They've been by far the worst company ive ever dealt with. You can say whatever the hell you want about me being a night mare...let me let you in on a few things...

blah blah blah

..so don't talk sh*t when you have no idea what your talking about.
I do know what I'm talking about because I was sitting in the room with the guys during your incessant brain numbing calls. I have served restraining orders on people that called and harassed less than you.

If you're gonna smear Intense (a shop that is rated #1 in customer satisfaction on this site), I feel obligated as a person with inside knowledge, to let this community know what a pain in the *** customer you were.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:47 PM
SnyperZ

I do know what I'm talking about because I was sitting in the room with the guys during your incessant brain numbing calls. I have served restraining orders on people that called and harassed less than you.

If you're gonna smear Intense (a shop that is rated #1 in customer satisfaction on this site), I feel obligated as a person with inside knowledge, to let this community know what a pain in the *** customer you were.

Figured the Intense nut huggers would come out eventually and try and "blame" this on me.

Ok so because they were "rated" #1 that must mean im full of sh*t right? Bottom line is I was treated like **** from the beginning. You have no real inside knowledge..again your a nut hugger so please keep your one sided opinions to yourself. I will keep going in further detail if youd like...I can get more specific. Ive shopped with 2 other BIG DEALERS on this site and have nothing but GREAT things to say about them.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:51 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^ haha

sounds like intense didnt think that snyper really spent alot of money to warrant all the calls.

sound u got the pipes all fixed and are back on the road. good deal!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:54 PM
iflyjets86

Figured the Intense nut huggers would come out eventually and try and "blame" this on me.

Ok so because they were "rated" #1 that must mean im full of sh*t right? Bottom line is I was treated like **** from the beginning. You have no real inside knowledge..again your a nut hugger so please keep your one sided opinions to yourself. I will keep going in further detail if youd like...I can get more specific. Ive shopped with 2 other BIG DEALERS on this site and have nothing but GREAT things to say about them.

dont worry snyper, i experienced the same issues, its not just you being a bad customer so dont take what they say personally. Apparently I'm a bad customer for calling too, as are a couple other people that are dealing through the same shop i am dealing through right now. There will be a big thread on this subject soon enough. Hope you get your kit straightened out and in good running condition.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:55 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I have 1st hand inside knowledge of your calls. Nuthuggers don't. I was there numerous times during your numerous calls, which were discussed at length amongst us on more than one occasion after the calls were over.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-09-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:56 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by str8dum1
^^^ haha

sounds like intense didnt think that snyper really spent alot of money to warrant all the calls.

sound u got the pipes all fixed and are back on the road. good deal!
hey moron, stop jumping on a situation you are not familiar at all....
most of the sells intense are for single items ranging from 50-2k dollars, where do you get the idea that they dont care if you spend a lot?
...if you have to say say it...
Old 10-09-2008, 03:58 PM
iflyjets86

I have 1st hand inside knowledge of your calls. I was there numerous times during your numerous calls, which were discussed at length on more than one occasion after the call was over. Nuthuggers don't.
wow a shop that talks sh*t about their customers, ya man you are right, that has #1 customer satisfaction written all over it. its okay, no explanation necessary, i know it can be soooooo hard to take peoples money. Anyways, im staying out of this because Ill have a lengthy review in the not too distant future. I'm glad you have had great experience with intense RudeG. Others havent had that priveledge. Maybe we should all go to AZ and sit around the shop, maybe that will help.

Last edited by iflyjets86; 10-09-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: less sarcastic for the kids
Old 10-09-2008, 04:08 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Ive shopped with 2 other BIG DEALERS on this site and have nothing but GREAT things to say about them.
right, i doubt you've called them 20 times a day(you were doing this from the start, dont act like you did it before) or have over 15 open invoices from stuff you keep changing your mind. And you are not being very accurate in your description of the situation either....i dont have time to go through all but to start:

1.We will start out with the 1,000 calls. When I first called up I got a specific deadline(because I was planning other things around this)..and I told Pete if that wasnt the case it wasnt a big deal..just let me know and he ASSURED me it was. That date came and passed..so I called a few days later"oh it will ship out on friday". So I call the following monday.."Oh it will ship out on Wednesday" Called back that friday "Oh it will ship out on monday" I seriously heard that more than 5 times. And it was ********. They NEVER returned my calls, they never answered any of my questions. Im sorry but when you spend almost 10,000 in 20 min. youd kinda like to be left in the loop of things.
sure its your money but that doesn't give you the right to harass someone with a flood of calls, and 15+open invoices with your indecision.
Regardless of what you said, you got your turbo kit back ~3 weeks, faster than any other company that you said gave you daily updated on the progress of a turbo kit they took over 4 months to develop, but it was being sold to you as product? ooooooookey...

2. The turbo. The part number ON the turbo says its a GT35r..along with the box it came in that says 35r that was blacked out with marker. I called a few places and every one of them said it was a normal 35r..so you tell me if youd be worried? Then I was told it WAS a 35r with a bigger wheel.
AHHAHAH so care to admit right now that the few places that you called oviously didnt have a clue what a gt37r? is so in other words you tripped out for nothing, believes someone elses word, this even after you measured it, talked to han for over an hour about BS, wasting their time from helping other costumers....your call should not have lasted more than 10 minutes just to get a confirmation of what a gt37r is... you even asked me...i saidi wasnt sure but I told you many of the internals of the gt37r were like the gt35r, you didnt believe me either so you chose to go out of your way to find dirt on nothin.

3. They held my hand? Noone held my f*cking hand. I called up because I was having so many problems with the kit fitting like absolute ****. You have to see how much stuff I had to cut out of the engine bay to get it to fit. Maybe they rushed mine..but it STILL doesnt fit. They sent me an overflow tank that was too small along with a bunch of other issues. Also they send me parts and didnt know what they were for..so I had to keep calling to find out until they finally realized they were parts for a rev up motor.
what do you mean the overflow tank too small? what are your goals?...what problems have you found as a result of this directly other what you probably read on the internet?
the fitment issues, well...its big piping...jeffie put this well already, if you wanted a simple kit with smaller piping thats easier to fit you should have gone with PL. When we talked before you bragged how much you knew how to install turbo kits and you have done it before, but hey this isnt a crx where there is plenty of room, so after you bragged how you were being able to take on and off the turbo kit in under 5 hours then you come here to ***** about how much little room there is and it was hard to work???...i told you the entire time it wasnt going to be as easy as you were expecting... but the fact is that jeffie has been able to get his issues on his DIY intall no problem, despite his complain with the lack of instructions. HE also had to cut an area as well on the engine bay to fit properly...why? maybe to avoid trying other options, who knows because Julian, Larry for example did not have to
And also, are you bitching at the fact that the PL kit coms complete with parts for both the DE and REvup engines out the box?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:09 PM
SnyperZ

dont worry snyper, i experienced the same issues, its not just you being a bad customer so dont take what they say personally. Apparently I'm a bad customer for calling too, as are a couple other people that are dealing through the same shop i am dealing through right now. There will be a big thread on this subject soon enough. Hope you get your kit straightened out and in good running condition.
Ill be fixing the kit myself and making it fit once I put the new motor in. For now im just gonna drive around with no PS.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:13 PM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Ok see...I wasn't going to get into it..so they can blame you for this. Ive spent money with countless shops before and its never been an issue. They've been by far the worst company ive ever dealt with. You can say whatever the hell you want about me being a night mare...let me let you in on a few things.

4. If I was so difficult why did they keep appologizing for the shitty customer service? Im sorry but when you tell me something stick with it..I got 10,000 ******** stories and I was sick of it. I cant tell you enough how many times I called for some info and I was told "ill have someone call you back" Even this week for example. I called got Pete..and he said "ill have han call you back" I knew he wouldnt call me back and I was right..I didnt even bother calling back.

5. That pipe isnt covered under warantee?? Why not? I didnt modify that pipe at all..I had to shorten the downpipe almost an inch to prevent the dump tube from completely ripping the wastegate off...that flex section only flexes so much...now its almost perfect. Even my welder saw that issue..You can tell the pipes were NOT tested fitted to a car as they shoulda been. Its not install error its manufacturing error. The dump tube is too short...and was pulling on the wastegate...so how the hell is that my fault? You make it sound like this is my first time...Ive helped build 1 off kits for 10.5 outlaw cars making in excess of 2000hp, ive built myself over 5 cars and never had any issues like this..even with my LS6 RX7..so don't talk sh*t when you have no idea what your talking about.

Bottom line is no customer should be treated like this. I spent ALOT of money with them and should of been treated a little better. I understood Petes condition and was patient enough. If they had told me from the beginning it woulda taken 2 months I wouldnt of cared in the least. But after the 20th excuse it gets old fast.
This is Pete btw

TO M. Rainville {SnyperZ} Your character shows in majority of your threads and especially in response to RudeG's post. It brings to light a lot of what I and my other reps here and at PowerLab have had to deal with.

#1. We will start with the 1,000 calls. When you originally ordered this product you stated your build was quite some time off in fact I believe you said more than a few months {I have a date in mind but, we'll keep it simple for symantics} I work for IntensePower.com not PowerLab so I have to go off of what their Production Manager tells me.
You stated that you need to coat your intercooler and piping but was in no rush for that either. This info changed many times in the process of this order. You called less than one week later asking for status. Again a couple days later and gain.. I wont continue with this as we can see where it is going.
You were more than left in the loop on your order as you called numerous times a day to add and or change things on the order, you were given wholesale pricing and cost on numerous items due to the amount of money you spent and the original understanding that your patience was going to be needed in the manufacturing of this kit {which we can see wasnt very patient at all} I recall you thanking me numerous times also for my services, professionalism on the phone and the pricing... poor customer service huh? Interesting.

#2. This GT37R kit is not a production kit yet and was based on the prototype kits from PowerLab, your GT37R turbo is a Hybrid turbo and this was explained to you NUMEROUS times from me, Darren and PowerLab ... Enjoy this Link ---> { http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...a962c1075fefe5 } You were told it was a one off kit and fitment is not that of the GT35R kit. You asked for it even against our urging of getting the gt35r kit. YOU INDEED WERE SENT A GT37 AND I AM SURE YOU ARE WELL AWARE OF THIS AT THIS POINT.

#3. You did indeed have your "hand held" as some may call it on this kit, I provided you with contact for one of PowerLabs production Managers and Fabricators on multiple occasions, in which you racked up a minimum of a few hours of phone time with at no charge and with no hostility on our part even though using an IntensePower.com contact line. Han even walked you through multiple install crisis's you had... don't start with you had no install help on this. Every Kit is being shipped with Rev up parts as it is not always specified what year vehicle these kits are going onto.

#4. No one apologized for what you are calling "shitty customer service" I do recall apologizing for PowerLabs delay in the manufacturing process. I can not make anyone not in my office call you back. I have returned every call I said I would to you. I do not answer a ton of tech calls as that is not my position with in this company to do so. We are a Automotive parts Retail/Wholesale/Online Company and do get swamped in here. I also recall you being helped multiple times over AIM which I advised you would be faster in the long run and gave you the back line number to get through on also... I know "Shitty customer service " RIGHT?! I think not. Other delays in your order were caused by you and your indecisiveness on products... I had to order then cancel then reorder numerous part for you.

#5. The pipe was going to be covered under warranty but it seems you got it taken care of. Feel free to send it in and we'll send you another one if you like.

Anything else that needs to be addressed?

For the other two users in this thread feel free to contact me about IntensePower.com's "SHITTY CUSTOMER SERVICE" and we'll work it out although I dont recall your names and or ever working with you as this thread is a PowerLab thread not an IntensePower.com thread. If anyone has ordered kits from other companies it is their job to take care of you on the orders not IntensePower.com's responsibility. Thanks and cheers to you all!

Last edited by IntenseSales; 10-09-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:15 PM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Did you purchase your kit from IntensePower.com or another company if not from us I would enjoy reading what you have to say since you are NOT our customer.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:16 PM
SnyperZ

Quicksilver im not going to comment on your comments..again ill deal with the nut huggers and "their" side of the story. The post I just wrote described to a T what happend and how I was treated. How about this..you give me 10k and ill build you something in 2 weeks.. I bet 5 weeks from now youll start calling wondering where your stuff is..and im sure after the 20th excuse youll start getting a little frustrated too...cuz thats EXACTLY what happend. And yes I flooded them with calls...you would too if they said " Ill have so and so call you back today" or "oh he wont be here till this time..ill have him call you later on"..after not hearing back for 2 days at a time anyone would get pissed too. And then id call back..oh sorry petes out today...ill have him call you back tomorrow..wait 2 days then call back.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:18 PM
iflyjets86

if intensepower doesnt make the powerlab kit who does? maybe that will clarify a lot

Quick Reply: Powerlab issues(after a month of driving)